I often get caught in a dilemma whenever i have to choose the Most Helpful Opinion for questions I ask, because several opinions turn out to be excellent and equally relevant to my question. In such cases, I choose the opinion from the user who has the least XPer points (from among the opinions I consider are the best), so as to help him/her reach higher levels faster.
So people, what kind of tie-breaker (if I can call it that) do you use, when deciding to select the most helpful opinion among a set of equally great opinions?
Most Helpful Girl
If multiple opinions are really good, or if many say basically the same thing, I look for the opinion of the person who seemed to put in the most effort; sharing personal stories that informed their opinion, explaining in detail WHY they feel that way or why I should do whatever, whichever, etc.
I look for good opinions, but I also recognize when someone puts forth a lot of effort to genuinely be helpful and not misunderstood. They take the time.2
Most Helpful Guy
Not in this exact in this order of importance, but I evaluate based on:
1. Good Humor (not offensive) (funny pictures or sayings)
2. Good Grammar (It needs to make sense)
3. Non-anonymous are more likely to receive it from me as well
4. If its actually "relevant" to the question, so many people don't even answer the question I post, lol
5. Quality of the answer is extremely important to0