So how do you choose the most helpful opinion, when multiple opinions are equally good?

I often get caught in a dilemma whenever i have to choose the Most Helpful Opinion for questions I ask, because several opinions turn out to be excellent and equally relevant to my question. In such cases, I choose the opinion from the user who has the least XPer points (from among the opinions I consider are the best), so as to help him/her reach higher levels faster.

So people, what kind of tie-breaker (if I can call it that) do you use, when deciding to select the most helpful opinion among a set of equally great opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• If multiple opinions are really good, or if many say basically the same thing, I look for the opinion of the person who seemed to put in the most effort; sharing personal stories that informed their opinion, explaining in detail WHY they feel that way or why I should do whatever, whichever, etc.
    I look for good opinions, but I also recognize when someone puts forth a lot of effort to genuinely be helpful and not misunderstood. They take the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not in this exact in this order of importance, but I evaluate based on:

1. Good Humor (not offensive) (funny pictures or sayings)
    2. Good Grammar (It needs to make sense)
    3. Non-anonymous are more likely to receive it from me as well
    4. If its actually "relevant" to the question, so many people don't even answer the question I post, lol
    5. Quality of the answer is extremely important to

What Girls Said 4

• If I can't decide, I may base it on who got the most up votes or had positive comments in response to their answer.

• I have had this situation many a times.

I end up choosing the answers that helped me out more, lots of explanations, multiple facts, etc.

• Ennie meanie miney moe.

• In those cases, I tend to wait until I act upon the advice in real life and then, based on what actually works the best, I select MH. Sometimes I pick the answer that they obviously put a lot more thought into than the others' answers. I always try to pick an answer that makes me think of the problem/solution in a different light. Sometimes I choose the answerer with the lower Xper.

What Guys Said 2

• Flip a coin several times until you narrow down the options.

• When that happens, I usually don't choose lol.