Why do you (over 18) people hate the underage (under 18) members of this site?

why do you act immature toward an immature member and say disturbing things about the under 18 people? If you dislike them couldnt you just stop getting on this site? i mean no body truthfully cares about your problems you post.

• Over 18
  • Under 18
please disregard the comment i made stating,"i mean no body truthfully cares about your problems you post."
It was an outburst of anger on my part.

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that your retort to this issue you perceive is to tell us that "no body truthfully cares about your problems you post" is the very reason why there is a dislike between the age groups.

I hardly see the over 18 crowd as immature in comparison to the younger members. It's just that the issues that the younger crowd has are issues we've all seen before and when we tell the younger members about the situations that are, in fact, essentially the same, the younger group attacks us with claims of how their situation is so different and then proceeds to ignore all advice and then three days later we see them posting a question about an issue that arose that would never have occurred had they listened to the advice from the elder group in the first place.

Eventually it becomes annoying and we want to wash our hands of it.

So you will forgive us for being skeptical of the issues faced by the younger members as it's doubtful how much of the advice given will even be listened to.

• This to a T

• I see it as the older members dismissing the advice of the younger ones...

• Yup. That's why

What Girls Said 19

• Haha don't worry about them babe just keep doin you :) there will always be someone who doesn't like it and there will always be someone who does!

For the most part unders bother the older people on hear because they have simpler lives and give simpler answers and ask simpler questions (it isn't always true but most of the time it is) so older people are like kid I got shit to deal with here. It's not you, their just frustrated by their own lives and it's even more frustrating that your life isn't super complicated yet... Also it raises morality issues about how much to tell you because we aren't your parents, and we want to help you, but how do we know where the line is and what advice to give? You're so young we don't want you as screwed up as us (even though you will be one day! No worries about that)

So just keep on truckin! Be you! Be smart! Be safe! And ignore the haters:)

• i like the way you support lol and yea we don't have to worry about the future problems of life yet.

• @butterfly1002 you seem like a really smart lady! Some of the adults on here can be very immature.

• Aww thanks @mssomerhalder :)

I have my share of blonde moments though too!

• Of course not. Just because someone is young doesn't mean I value their input any less. I have seen a great many mature and thoughtful under 18 users here, some more so than the older users. I'm glad there are younger users here who can get help with any problems they may be having or talk to older users who may have more life experience and can give them advice.

Similarly, I have seen many under 18 users give other users solid advice as well. I could say there are plenty of people younger than me who have experienced a great deal more than I have and would be more equipped to give advice on a certain subject than I would be. I don't judge anyone by their age, I judge them based on the way they behave and present themselves.

I'm sorry you feel that the older users here look down on the younger members but truly, not all of us feel that way.

• Stereotypical under 18 girl:
    Oh my gawww , does he like me?
    The other day my crush told me I was the hottest chick in school and he's from Australia and he threw sour patch kids in my face. Then he kissed me on the cheek and said he liked my friend Lizzie more and Lizzie likes him too and so does Shelly but, Shelly also has a boyfriend. So does he like me?

Under 18 guy: Is my penis too big for my age? Im 14.
    It's 3.75 inches erect.

That's what a good bit of the "under 18" questions are flooded with. Of course not everyone is like that but, people get annoyed with the kids that asks those types of questions repeatedly and it makes the other teens look bad.

• i understand what you mean. i mean is it that typical of some? i just dont like the image it leaves on the mature ones.

• Glad that I could make you laugh though haha

• "i mean no body truthfully cares about your problems you post." This is the type of immaturity that renders me fearful of interacting with the underage crowd. That being said, I don't mind them being on here and some are quite enjoyable/mature. Not you from the looks of it, but some. The only problem I have is when they ask overly sexual questions (NOT health related) and older people give them pervy advice and what not.

• again i have to say sorry about that comment. i acted out of anger. but sometimes older members don't post the brightest of questions ethier. :/

• Of course they don't. I don't discriminate against the under 18 crowd so much as I give "age appropriate" advice, make sense? But like I said, I don't care if they're around. They need advice, too.

• yea you 18 and up people are the only hope of giving it :/

• Honestly, I've seen people under 18 posting more mature questions/answers than myself or even older adults, so I have nothing against them. I've even seen some very well-thought, witty opinions posted by people under 18. I try not to judge people based on their age. So what if a 15 year old has more life experience than a 19 year old? Should we judge the 15 year old more harshly? I don't think so. Actions and words should determine the way a person can be perceived. Not their age.

• i like your comment. yea you shouldn't be judged by age but what you post and if it is of quality.

• This... many of the 30 even 40 plus members seem a bit sheltered...

• it does seem that way lol @carnix

• Because under 18 kids talk about unrealistic things like "He looked at me in class, does he like me?" "He has a girlfriend, does he like me?" etc...
    They are very immature, and you guys are asking us to make fun of you.
    " i mean no body truthfully cares about your problems you post. " Since you don't care about our posts why should we care about yours... Grow up LB.

• lol at least help them realize it then. if they are asking questions online its because someone in the real world are not helping them. Its not like you never had a stupid question. and to say LB is immature on your part so be an example.

• lol you funny and i am mature but that dont mean i can't be funny lol

• I have no problem with any age group. I do get concerned about the fact that this site has a lot of sexual topics & that could potentially be very young teens/kids here. But like I always say, if you didn't let teens have an age group in here, then they'd pretend to be older & you'd give advice you probably shouldn't. I don't mean to be mean, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone to have sex in high school, so I generally won't answer under 18's questions about sex in high school, unless it's to advice them to wait. Obviously it's your choice, but I just feel like it's a huge benefit to wait until 18 (more mature/life experience).

• I was going to say something to that extremely stupid part of your question, but since you asked to disregard it, ok.

I don't hate you kids. I just hate some of the things you kids post. Many of the rate mes, and the stupid questions from attention whores are from under 18 kids. Not to mention some under 18s think they know everything and are agressive on here and attacks those who disagree. My point is, many of the under 18s are immature and I sometimes have trouble taking them seriously. Not to mention the very young kids like 13/14 asking about sex... Which I find disturbing...

However, if the under 18 user proved to not be immature, then I don't hate them at all. On the other hand, I also hate over 45 users who are immature and narrowminded.

• lol glad you did disregard... but uh i think its just some not many cuz not a lot of <18's ask the stupid questions all the time. plus im starting to notice that some 18-24 ask the same questions as the <18's.

• Yeah some of the 18-24 users also ask dumb questions. But they're probably the 18-20year olds... So not that much more mature than the under 18s.

• That's odd... I don't hate people based on age... I do dislike people who post questions about fantasy incest related things.. and swear that's their real life situation.. it's gross.

ANYWAY!~

I clearly do not think the same as an 18 year old or younger, but that doesn't mean I hate them.. But also keep in mind that this is the internet and sometimes people get bored and they want to troll or pick on others just for a laugh for their own entertainment.. so if you don't like that, then maybe your'e the one who shouldn't be on here if you're too touch and too picky and too offended? It's just a thought... Ignore it or deal with it.. don't cry about it. :]!

Now here's a link to distract you from all the hate and all the blah~Blah`~blah` :p!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGxKY5y6Mg

• Weren't you all once a teenager yourselves. In this years we are still developing into maturity, some of us faster then others, that's for sure. maybe the ones you see on this site and similar others are just the over exaggerated types that take everything to over the top. However not all of us are like this, their is that stereotype going around that all teenagers are just the same, you know were not, but maybe the majority you see are that based. You adult as well should not take everything we say to the wrong stand point, most of us don't know were the future is for us, you've been though this process yourself, the fear that comes with growing up and taking responsibility for yourself is to much. Small steps that we take look like gigantic leaps of faith. I wonder when i do grow up if i'll feel this way among teens, and that maybe definitely. What we must all do is chill... Now i know we can't stop teens from being immature, you can't stop one nature... all i say is just tolerate it with an open mind, knowing you were once them, ignoring the advice of elder ( you know you have... don't lie now)

• That was kind of mean to hate on us like that.. hey, I personally don't care who uses the site, I mean, it's not my choice. Try not to make broad generalizations, and if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! (:

• Yes, they are annoying. You give them advice, then they'd argue because it's not what they wanted to hear. Then make big deals out of nothing "s/he didn't hug me today, what could this possibly mean?" Gosh!

• lol the tragic life of a teen in high school

• Very true, I can't even lie-- I asked questions like that in high school, if only I knew (._. )

• It's not that we don't care, it's just that they are so ignorant of practical advice, and then bitch and cry when a situation arises that could have been avoided had they listened to us in the first place. Everything you go through... guess what, we were there, so we know what we are talking about.

• well its their fault but they will learn through trial and error.

• But that's the thing: some people DON'T learn. They could not care less about what we say, and will continue fucking up their lives.

• then leave it at that, an arrogant, non concerned teen about to mess everything up. its their fault so leave it to them and move on to the next teen that needs help.

• No not at all. The kids keep us up to date.
    My 10 yo nephew fixed my I phone, and helped my dad too.
    LLOL!

• I'm under 18 and feel neither disliked nor disrespected XD Ever thought that it might lie on your behavior? ^^

• i dont either but i noticed that or group was taking heat for stupid questions asked by the less mature part of the U18's lol

• Most of them don't bring a lot to the table, are not fully and emotionally developed (yet) but try
    their darnest to be a 30 yo adult. I'm talking about 13 yo - 15 yos in general.

• I ask myself that often. Age is clearly just a number when older people think they're better than someone just because they were born first

• There are immature users in both age groups

• I barely even look at the age in this site. A question is a question no matter the age...

What Guys Said 18

• Even though I am under eighteen, I think I understand where it comes from. It's frustrating when Under 18 people comment on questions in which they have little to no experience to share from or they don't say anything constructive.

I think when people ask questions that are really important to them, the last thing they need is a Under 18'er that could very well be thirteen, commenting with a sense as if they could relate to it, and give nonconstructive advice probably gotten somewhere off the internet of TV.

I could be wrong though. I've done the exact same things, but try to answer constructively.

• yea i understand you. its a big problem that should be stopped because the younger ones are wasting on the better , more mature ones.

• This is pretty much it. Someone who is under 18 will not know what it's like to be married, own a home, or really understand dating post-25. It doesn't mean we want them off the site. If anything, it's good they ask things like sex related questions since many people would be able to warn them ahead of time about the risks involved. We got single mothers galore raising kids without fathers.

.. and Fizzy's very right about the advice coming from the internet or TV. I see this a lot. It's all "studies this" and "studies that" and these sources a lot of the times are unreliable and even outright satire that went way over that kid's head. It's way too easy to hit google and a biased source to support a claim and people catch these sources tweaking numbers all the time.

• The very first day I joined this site I answered a ton of questions and by the end of the day I had already gotten some BAs and a message that said my advice was great for being under 18. I don't think I'm the only knowledgeable, logical member who's under 18. I see way more under 18 members who are at least trying to give good advice.

I don't think anyone has faith that any member under 18 can use logic to answer these questions... that's the problem.

• I work with a lot of significantly older people and they're very "set in their ways." As a person who is 29, I notice many older people struggle to put their egos away and take advice from a younger person. It's like they feel devalued by doing so and they feel that their age somehow gives them a free pass to condescend the other person.

• i like your comment and your the best example of a guru for this site. thank you.

• @Theguyoverthere exactly. Too many adults think that "life experience" is the only way to gain knowledge. But obviously there are a ton of people who have longed a while and are still not very knowledgeable.

• I don't see a hatred at all with underage kids. If a user's disliked, it's that user that is disliked, regardless of their age.

• I don't have problem with people because they fit into a subset of people, such as an age group. I DO have a problem with kids who think they have the world figured out and think what the read in books makes them an authority on this or that subject. They think they know better than people who have first - hand experience, it's annoying.

• Really, I appreciatehaving the wide variety of age groups we have on here. I see great words come out of each group. Naturally some opinions will be less relevant, and sometimes it seems divided by the age group. But I like the <18 group, even if sometimes @CheeseLoveWhiz stereotypes seem painfully accurate.

• Well as was mentioned both age groups have their fair share of immature user. That's me sometimes, just for laughs, but I know when not to be, some people can't diffrentiate the difference.

• because the majority of them are the ones that love to troll the most. they also seem to love getting attention and your are a perfect example, asking these types of questions

• no i just saw a problem and i want to root out the cause. not all (under 18) members are trolls and stupid. i asked this question to put a stop to the negativity that you older, closer to death ones, are showing us. last i checked we are the future.

• @asker growing up i was always told that "children" are the future. so does this automatically mean that you are a child (not just an under age)

• nope im of age but i grew up with that thought in mind and am trying to make a difference about the views of those who are "Children".

• Because people love feeling superior to others, and age for that is easily accessible. Also, I remember what I was like when I was under 18, I was an even bigger dumbass than I am now! So I take under 18 opinions with a grain of salt.

• A lot of teenagers ask questions then get all mad when u tell them what they don't wanna hear. Or they jump to conclusions waaaay to quick. "He said hi to me today, does he like me?" It's not all teenagers but it happens a lot.

• i don't hate them

• I actually care about other peoples problems. That's why I made my account. I've actually never had a problem with the under 18 crowd. But you sure as hell aren't helping your stereotype to the people on here that do have problems with your age.

• care to point out how and what im stereotyping a broad type of teen? everyone is different you know.

• i regret that comment i made time and time again. so i do apologize for that post was out of anger. I do understand that posts made by the youth is alittle stupid and they dont listen but they do need the helps. if they ask stupid questions then just dont respond i say.

• Same. I think it's silly to complain like many my age and up do. I only look at questions where the person really needs insight

• I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you Ez. People are entitled to their own opinions, just focus on getting/giving help from/to others.

• thanks macklin and i hope the older members realize that. we do have the freedom of speech.

• I'm 23 and don't care about anyone's ae on this site.

• I simply try to avoid under 18 questions.

• Most don't hate. Its only because most of the looks and size questions come from the U18s. Which is kinda annoying to say the least

• lol the adults dont ask much questions

• lol i haven't seen thoughs questions yet lol i hope i dont

• goodluck and you being U18 don't piss of others by asking wimpy size questions. xD

• Its not dislike but you have far too many minors on here asking inappropriate questions

• true i think im an example when i first started on this site. but maturity and knowledge goes a long way.

• I'm just trying to educate you guys I seen far too many of my friends when I was your age make them mistakes

• understandable and thanks for it. I hope some of the <18 group doesn't make an mistakes ethier.

• A lot of the under 18 members seem immature and don't seem to have full grasp of reality yet