Why are people so mean on here?

Honistly what gives people the taught that is ok to be mean to people on here all there trying to do is get help

Cuz this girl told me that i should go kill myself

Most Helpful Guy

• You keep having pity parties and you already said you were going to kill yourself.

What Guys Said 18

• Well people are mean because they can use the anonymous button I for one will be mean without the anonymous button because I have the balls to handle the repercussions, and just for that makes me one of the most brutally honest people on Gag. I've answered a couple of your questions in the past and I'd say people are so mean to you because you ask about sex so often and while you are very young for doing that.

• This is a question I've been pondering to ask this very question myself. I frequently note, by the way, that the people who are the least sympathetic often have the word "intellectual" in their description. I can't help but think that's not a coincidence.

To many, it gives them a certain sense of accomplishment if they can rub people's noses in how much smarter the answerer is over the asker. I guess they think that they are so much wiser for clearly seeing the answer than the asker is. They often neglect to understand that the pain we feel as the result of relations with the opposite sex is unique and that very often people seeking answers here are in pain. Pain lowers your intelligence.

Some people get lost on the road to good relationships and honestly can't figure things out. Sometimes this is just due to lack of wisdom, but other times it's due to the person's personal background. Curt and rude people will often answer in a way that makes it abundantly clear they do not understand how a person can get so lost.

Some people believe they can "shock" a person into wisdom by making cruel and unsympathetic responses. I've noticed they often say things like, "I'm just being painfully honest," or "I'm being blunt," and perhaps not realizing that this "painful honesty" is often "stupid honesty," since it does nothing but serve to distance the asker from the truth.

Lastly, some people are just dicks.

Whatever the reason, responses that are less than sympathetic, less than diplomatic, and laced with language such as dumbass, butthurt, whiner, whining, and pity party often do nothing more than make the asker defensive and drive them from the truth, not towards it.

Should we humans be more willing to gulp down bitter truths? Yes, I wish we were. We are not, however, and there is evidence that it's in our nature not to work like that. Humans work better with people who are sympathetic but do not coddle.

• Cos there's no consequences , at worst they'll just close their account and open a new one.
    Most people don't need no divine HAMMER to keep them in line , but some just aren't right in the head

• You do have some jerks up here but it's a catch 22 thing. On one hand everyone has a right to voice their opinion since this site is based on people giving honest opinions on the subject, regardless who agrees. But on the other hand, it should be brought into account the askers feelings since they're asking personal questions about themselves. All in all, its the internet and you just gotta forget the people who may take things a little to far or personal since they have as much right to be here as anyone.

• One of the good and bad things about the internet is that you can post anonymously, leaving with no consequences for saying whatever you wish to say, and some people take advantage of this by being mean, horrible people.

Don't know why they do that on one of the sites where you really expose your emotions on though. Maybe part of the thrill?

• Sometimes questions are mind-numbingly stupid and it's hard to believe that the Asker could even figure out how to open their internet browser.

• One girl saying something like that to you doesn't mean everyone here is rude. Just got caught with the wrong person. Ignore her and move on.

• Im not sure, but i get where you are coming from completely. Yahoo answers is even worse as well as Sodahead. I had a girl swear at me and call me gay on sodahead just cause my favorite singer was Selena Gomez. I get judged so harshly for it :(. Im sorry u have dealt with haters too. Just try to ignore them, i know its hard, but try your best

• Because bitches be trippin all day every day.

• Anonymity..

and many people in society are spiritualists now, who reckon pain is good...

and poor social skills... i'd have thought it was common knowledge that HOW people say things is just as important as what is. So saying shit like "i'm being honest" or "it's my opinion!" is bull... I don't agree with sugarcoating stuff (I don't think it's healthy, especially for grown people...) but meh... there's a thing called tact, learn it.. lol.

• Because people think they don't have to take responsibility for what they say online.

That or they could be in a bad mood or just be trolls.

I know I've been on both sides.

We all have.

• Because they think they can get away with it, when in fact it can very well come back to bite them in the ass (read sites "terms of use" for further information)

• Sweetie did you mean thought or something I'm quite confused

• *Honestly, and people are just mean in general.

• You need help. Just ask! Have a nice day

• I love the people here, they always give constructive ideas and good advices on MY post. :)

• Because why the fuck not? Also, you mean "thought" rather than "taught", right? :D

• It's not illegal. The most you can do is be banned, but I highly doubt the cops can be called on you

What Girls Said 7

• People forget that behind every question, answer and comment, is a living human being.

I'm guilty of it too.

• I certainly am not! I do give honest answers, but I feel there is no need to be insensitive. You'll find all kinds of people over here. There are a lot of good ones too. The more you stay on GAG, you'll know what types of people not to take seriously. The good ones make it worth staying. If someone is really mean, you can report them, or block them. Read the FAQs.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• Truth is is most people are this mean, they just know they can survive socially with that kind of attitude so they just keep it a secret. If we all said what we really wanted, then the world would be anarchy

• BEcause they can do it behind the computer screen, in real life i doubt they have the courage to say what they said here to others in the face.

• If I would not say it in person I won't say it online neither. Cyber bullying is wrong but being opinionated is not but fine line between mean and expressing yourself

• Yes there is a fine line being mean and expressing oneself. i feel that it is the choice of words one uses in their text that matters a lot, some people like to prove that they r are so heroic that they are so insensitive but of course they wouldn't think they are wrong @OralAddict1445

• @updates yes there are some gagers here who like to use that line and i find it unnecessary and mean. they didn't realise that despite we typing behind the screen we have feelings and i find such people inconsiderate.

• Because misery loves company.

• Most people on here aren't rude unless you ask a stupid question.

• It's the internet. People are mean and cruel when there's anonymity