Do you care if you get Most Helpful?

Do you think you deserved Most Helpful or do you not care?
I don't but see others get it when it didn't seem as helpful but whatever it's not up to me I just gave my opinion :) lol
I was bored too and curious about this.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a nice incentive and reward, but what I care about more is that I'm developing/strengthening my opinion in the background and to a lesser extent, my post is be engaged (comments, upvotes, etc).

It's the same reason why schools require you to do essays on content you've already been taught. By expressing it, you also develop your own opinion and improve how you communicate it.

And of course, I love getting engagement on my posts, or knowing I've helped someone out in the process.

What Guys Said 28

• Upvotes, downvotes and MO/BA is always
    a little comforting, as it means that at least one person
    or more has read the opinion, if it's been read, then it
    was entirely worth it to post it in the first place. ^.^

I don't generally mind beyond the above mentioned
    I'm really here for the points.

• No because the answer chosen as most helpful is too often just the answer the writer wants to hear. It's often not the most honest and really not all that helpful.

• @Roarke. . . Monument Valley Park of the awesome Navajo Nation. It's well worth a detour if you're ever driving nearby and especially if you can time your arrival just befor sunset.

• @Opinion Owner yeah, you know i think i've heard of that. utah right? somewhere near bryce? these days i have to resort to YouTube travelogues, but i would like to 'tour' it that way sometime.

• Actually i prefer a thank you as response than MHO, especially someone talking head like me usually gave packs of words and you know ground off the patience plus nothing came back, we don't even know the asker read it or not

• A little, I just found out I have a 42.9% of getting MHOs from the 15th to today! Had no clue.

• It honestly doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'd much rather give meaningful and helpful advice and not be awarded the title versus giving mediocre advice and being granted it.

• Yes, I do care. People dont listen to my advice in general. So this is kinda a big deal for me. (Yes I sound like a loser) I never thought I would be a dating expert. Hahahaa!

stream1.gifsoup.com/view/923167/rdj-laughing-o.gif

• I care because it means I was helpful to that person, but not in a bragging way.

• I'm on here to help people out thats it :p i could care less about xper points. The only thing I expect in return after answering questions and putting time in to help people is that they would do the same thing for me

• I love getting that notification and saying thanks, but I dont whine if I dont get it because what I think helps may not be all that helpful to someone else so it is what it is. :)

• Well i just use this site to kill time and mho so a nice incentive. Like when I play xbox I like getting achievements/awards and I think mho is kinda the equivalent on this site. So I like getting it but the only time I really get disappointed is if I give a really long detailed answer and they give mho to someone who barely wrote anything. I hate when people ask for unbiased opinions yet they give mho to the person who tells them what they want to hear.

• Nope, i don't care but it does help out and makes me feel good
    that I gave the best answer

• I hope my advice helps and I don't care if I get most helpful rated.

• Its a great thing and all dont get me wrong i dont care simpoly because you never know if you will help someone even after they already selected MHO

• Sometimes I am actually fairly disappointed that I didn't get it, as for some of those posts I put in quite a bit of time to write the gigantic block of text, that I usually do. That, and if it WAS well thought out, then I would like to refer to it sometimes later, but unless I remember something word by word so I can search via Google, I will never find it unless it did get an MHO and I can just look among the "MHO only" opinions.

Voted A).

• No. I post opinions or answers just to say what is on my mind or something that can help the asker. If he/she doesn't think that my opinion/answer is best, fine with me. I did my part. Moving on.

• Yesh! I will LUV u even more :*

• No, I don't care.

• Yes I like getting it. I dont try for it I am into the points so I can get the dinner card so I post a lot but I try to help other when I can on here

• No, it's nice because it means I helped the person out. But it doesn't matter much, I'm just here to ask questions and give advice. If people don't like what I think then whatever...

• it doesn't matter to me... i'll have my Xper anyway LOL

• Enhhh. Couldn't care less either way. I just like being an asshole.

• Its like an A+ on a test you don't really ever expect but its quite flattering to receive

• Right now it matters to me because I'm so close to the Amazon card :-\

• Oh yes, I do like to give it and get it. It's a way of giving and getting appreciation.
    Plus, if you had the feeling someone was in trouble when he or she asked the question, it's nice to hear you've been able to help :-)

• It doesn't really matter to me :P

• It's nice but I don't care if I don't. I'm used to it.

• No I am here to give advice or to state my opinion, if it's helpful great, if not all the same to me.

• well i usually troll in most questions seems and then in the end i give a opinion but who cares for MHO i am here to spread happiness and put a smile on everyone's face :)

What Girls Said 9

• Ya, some people looking at other peoples questions will have the same problem, and will want to see the most helpful opinion. Also, if someone really serves such a good opinion and helped the asker, I think its a great way to show gratitude other than thanking them. Also, I hate it when I come up with such a clever opinion and I don't get Most Helpful for it! Or when someone forgets to choose a Most Helpful. Anyways, as you can its taken pretty seriously!

• I just want the asker to pick an answer that actually helped them to view a situation differently rather than pick an answer that they like.

• Yeah, don't care but it is nice and appreciated when received

• The only time I ever care about it is when I put a lot of thought and effort into a post or whatever. Which realistically almost never happens. It's nice recognition but I don't really think about it too much

• I have seen some people on here get mad when they don't get MH and accuse the QA of being bias. It's their question so they should be able to pick who they want. Haters gonna hate

• I only care if I can help people, that is it.

• Not really

• Do I care?
    That's difficult to answer.
    I don't really care if I get it, I don't share to get it, I share to help people.
    But I do appreciate it when someone selects mine as helpful, because I'm glad I helped... or made them laugh, or whatever.