Are the users legally liable for bad advice on GaG?

I'm sure it's in the terms and conditions we sign that removes the site from liability, but it just dawned on me that I could potentially get sued if someone got mad at me.

I try to give great advice... but I don't want to face a potential lawsuit. It might be in the terms and conditions... but I haven't read it.

Most Helpful Guy

• From the terms of use. And there is much more.

THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN ADVICE, OPINIONS, INSTRUCTIONS AND STATEMENTS FROM GIRLSASKGUYS, ITS MEMBERS AND THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS. THIS CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. YOU USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL OR SOME OTHER AUTHORITY IN THE APPROPRIATE FIELD BEFORE USING ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE SITE.

What Guys Said 7

• There is no implied warranty going along with my advice. Contact your doctor if my advice gives your an erection lasting longer than four hours. Side effects of taking my advice may include dizziness, explosive diahreah or death.

• just keep posting anon then right? :D law suits can go to stupid areas these days so I soOoOoOooo would not be surprised if it did happen hahaa

• Individual responsibility plays a huge role in this. No one here has claimed to be an expert on any topic.

• Yeah I'm seeing a 4 and 5 year old being sued I wouldn't doubt that some who try to sues for just about anything.

www.nytimes.com/.../29young.html?_r=0

• It's the internet so no, no judge would take a case like this seriously.

• I hope not. If that were the case, there would be pending cases against many of us here, awesome advice or not.

• You can't get sued for this. It's a free site. If it wasn't, you might

What Girls Said 4

• Considering this is an international community, it would be very difficult to hold users responsible, and users should use their common sense (a commodity that is lacking), to judge whether an opinion is helpful or not. If someone does something a user suggests, then it is the user who carried out those suggestions that is at fault. People need to grow up and stop blaming others for their own choices.

• sometimes I honestly can't believe "sue on the grounds of emotional distress" is valid. lol. im sure some are sound but I've seen some stupid ones that are just srsly? rly? hahaa

• The emotional distress is suppose to be severe cases, like getting anxiety and not being able to leave the house.

• And usually that's from severe bullying etc, which, rarely happens on here.

• You can't get sued for anything you say on here. It's up to individual users to take any advice given by other members at their own risk.

• You could get sued for anything but someone would have to accept the case first.

Which they wouldn't.

• No of course not. How dumb would that... oh, right.