Do you think GAG should raise the membership age?

Do you think the eligible age to become a GAGer should be raised to 18? Even though people <18 are not allowed to post "how to" sexual questions, they still do get exposed to all the adult content as most of the questions are about sex anyway!!

Of course, there is no way to confirm the age of a person, so a 15-year-old could be posing as a 30-year-old, but at least by setting the age, GAG will be making a statement.

I know this is the Internet and there is easy access to information, but I feel only adults should be reading all this (or at least most of it).

• Absolutely, what are these kids doing here?
  • No, it's all part of growing up
  • Don't care, people don't reveal their true age anyway!

Most Helpful Guy

• It used to be "16" but they recently lowered it. I actually don't mind younger people being on here butttt the things that get posted on here, should be monitored. I've seen some pictures on here that 13 year olds should not be subjected to. Yes, I realize people on here are pathetic but, you get the point. I just think that the site needs to have a better monitoring system. Computers have what are called "Captcha" (sp?) that make it so it can tell if it's a human entering something, or a robot. Maybe GAG could get something similar?

• Yeah, any screening system that can reduce the huge volume of sexually explicit questions is welcome. That way they can reduce the load on the moderators.

• LOL if i answer the "Captcha" wrong, does dat mean im a robot xD
      Im here to destroy da human race! :E

• @Keyspirits It doesn't matter what kind of monitoring system they bring in, but I just hope the kids don't exposed to too much of the crappy content.

What Guys Said 27

• I voted C. And also, being 18 or older doesn't automatically make you a mature adult. I've known of 30-50 year olds who still acted like stupid teenagers. I saw a young man under 18 on here tell off some older guy for being immature and swinging his dick at tin cans on here the other day. A lot of the underage users on here at least display a little common sense and maturity. The worst users are the ones in the 18-24 age range who think they know it all because they just turned 18 or got into college, etc. They give horrible advice oblivious to the consequences, and don't seem to understand how the world works at all.

• There are mature youngsters I agree. Some of them grow up as they don't have a choice. So, I was thinking if GAG (it has kind of grown on me) could help out the undecided ones as to whether they want all this adult stuff, or will explore it further down the line, when it really matters, that is when they have serious relationships. If not, all this stuff can misguide kids who have no world perspective into thinking this is all there is to life.

• Yeah I've had brilliant questions get ignored for shit like, "Do guys like large labia?" or "What do girls think of big dicks?"

• Yeah, that seems to be the staple diet of GAG!

• Well although there's some sense in doing that, personally I would not. Why? Well rather than let the minors go though life making the mistakes most of us made, why not let them ask, we advise and its up to them to take heed or go ahead and make the mistake all over again. This way we're just trying to save their back, if they want the help anyway. Ofcourse there's the immature ones, but that's just life, their everywhere.

• There are too many rate me's asked by minors. I don't think its about building up their self confidence. I think its just sexual experimentation. Just feeding their curiosity. I don't see people discouraging those kids from asking those questions.

• Nice to know someone who takes giving advice so seriously :) but I must say I always get awkward talking to the young ones on some topics.

• Haha thank you, but I still have my fun here and there, just for laughs and giggles. Sometimes though it's something serious and I gotta stop acting like a 4 year old :D
      Yeah, absolutely, it's awkard when they ask certain question and the answer isn't exactly something you want to tell them so you try to beat around the bush a little. I do it quite often haha. I try not too, but certain things are best experienced

• They're going to grow up, look back at all these and maybe be thankful that they've met this community or their lives would've been different with all the mistakes they would've made. So yeah, just let them ask away, just do what I do and don't answer some question which puts you off. :)

• I think that there is no point.

No matter what GaG does about it, it won't change because people will still abuse the rules and find gaps that GaG cannot control. The statement issue won't have much effect unless they get a "proof of age" system in place (proof of residence, parent permission-THEIR proof of parenthood, ID numbers, etc) but that would then make it a business and no one would join the site and they wouldn't be able to keep the site up.

So the underage talk and such cannot be controlled. Like P*rnography sites have a "yes I am over 18" button that <18's push every day... that too cannot be changed for the same reasons mentioned above.

It's really up to the parents to either monitor the sites their children go on or don't let them use the internet at all.

So my conclusion is that not much can actually be done about it.

• I agree with you that there is no foolproof method, but there's way too much adult content. It blocks out the good questions/opinions. Bad for the site.

• I wish there was an option to choose the system filter to out the questions for them or stop them from commenting based on their age. I really get embarrassed to answer kids on some questions ^_^

• Haha yea.

Nah I'll always answer as honest as I can and I try to look at both ends of the discussion.

I don't even look at the ages. I believe if they're mature enough to go out and ask a bunch of strangers questions about their personal life, they're ready to hear a mature answer...

• Well, if not raise the age do something about the highly sexual
    questions being asked by those under 18 or stop exposing them
    under 18 to highly sexual questions
    Questions fit to be allowed on Adultfriendfinder should not be
    exposed to a under 18 person, my niece is age 12 my sister
    will not allow to be on the Internet to she is old enough to graduate
    we got too many sick pedophiles posing as teens joining these
    websites not only GaG but other sites as well you want stop this
    make everyone give a state ID number for being on here and i can
    guarantee you these websites would be 100 % better oh there will come
    time someone will set up a petition with cable companies / FCC
    to make this happen

• Thanks for sharing my views! Hope some kind of accountability comes in.

• Also, I've spoken to some of the others on this site... I feel many people join GAG confusing this to be a dating or sometimes even a p*rn site. These kinds of questions definitely attract such people.

• Yes i agree with you :) I had someone message me
      i thought Oh my Lord , why on earth say such thing
      than i thought to myself this person has to be fake
      no way she was for real and she was young just
      thank god i am a good man who knows better

• I honestly feel that we'd just see questions of people putting 18 years old then just saying "I'm actually 13" in the questions they ask anyway. Then because they "broke a rule" we'd be answering questions to a banned user most likely.

• I got what u r saying. Just that whenever I see sexually explicit questions, i immediately start worrying about how it'll go down with the immature ones. I can't help it :)

• I know what you mean there but overall I see it going pretty well there. A lot of people also mention they feel that the underage get good warnings about things. Whenever I see "under 18" posts about having sex they're mainly filled with good advice and such.

• it's the internet, if a kid find something that he is not supposed to, that's his fault.

Face consequences and

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

• Do you mean to say there are no people behind GAG? And people have brains. I surely can DEAL WITH IT, but everyone gotta use their brains too, not just me!

• wow, what a surprise, you apologied and step back.

You have all my congrats OP, that is something really rare these days.

• Thanks, but it wouldn't have been possible without the second comment from you, very sweet of u :)

• Even if gag did raise the age limit to 18 and older, it wouldn't make much of a difference, as under 18 users would just lie about their age and really no way to prove their under 18.

• it already anoys me how some adolecents put up age 18 up or 30 up because some 'adults' here don't see them as equal.
    if you see it in their eyes you will see the question like that:
    "should 18-24 not be allowed to post sexual questions?"
    sounds stupid doesn't it? now if that became true half of them would lie about their age and/or people would not join this site.
    those stupid things show your question is showing that you shouldn't have impact on this site as this is what this site is made for.
    guess how many teens already have a smartphone before the age of 12 and how many of those want to loose their virginity cause of media shit

• Just bcoz something is possible, easily available, should we go ahead and grab it?

• depends how possesive you are and you will do what you need to get what you crave. what would a kid do if you put the candy on top of the wardrobe and you go to work

• Exactly my point! Why keep the candy on top the wardrobe where the kid can easily reach? Creating too much content on adult topics, making it easily available, and then asking the kids to choose the right from wrong is not going to work.

• Ithink it should be 18. Of course, they can lie but that way you can say what you want. I don't say certain things to anyone under 18. That way, you don't even have to look at the age.

• Kids lie about their ages to enter p*rn sites all the time. Raising the age won't make a difference. Most of the time I avoid immature questions asked by under-agers.

• Okay, if not age, at least clean up the content to suit the 13 yo.

• What do you mean by clean up the content, censorship? I can agree that there's some explicit stuff posted on this site. But I don't know how you can enforce it.

• Even I don't know how, but I'm really sick of reading 70-80% of the question titles on Live Feed. If I use filters, then I'll reduce the number of people I'm interacting with, so I don't prefer doing that. Moreover, if you think logically, half the problems plaguing the present day relationships is that there is too much focus on sex.

• I don't think GAG should be adults-only site wide. There are plenty of other topics besides explicit sex that younger people can learn from. Also, give kids some credit, they aren't sheltered babies, they know what sex is. If they aren't finding their answers here there are plenty of sites out there they can turn to.

• "If they aren't finding it here, they'll go elsewhere." That is the argument every website gives. Someone has to take the first step.

As for "plenty" of other topics, ask a general question yourself, and find out on an average how tough it is to get responses. Its the ones on sex that get immediate response. Thus, u r encouraging indirectly to ask only those kind of questions.

I'm sure the concept of GAG is about guys and girls knowing each other better, not sex alone.

• The kids that post here are more in need of answers than the rest of us. Seriously.

• Sure, they do need the answers. However, there has to be a way to ensure they get the right answers. If not, ignorance is much better. Not every adult here replies responsibly, there are a lot of trolls, and the kids might end up taking all that seriously.

• And figuring out how to spot the BS is one of the most critical parts of growing up. It ain't pretty, but most woll learn and the bad users get reported.

• As I said elsewhere, I'm not against exposure per se, but I'm only concerned with how much. How much is too much? Well, I'm not really sure on that... but there's gotta be some distinction between younger and older adults, much more than what's happening now. They can't ask "how to" sexual questions, but can still read through such question threads, so how does that help?

• While I think it would be good to block the under 18s from certain sections, end of the day it won't make a difference as they will just end up lying about their age or visit a different site, so ohh well.

• Agree with u. I was only expressing my concern.

• I have answered a similar question before on here, I mentioned then that I was concerned that some of the questions and platform behaviour is opening up children to adults. I never answer a rate of a person under 18 years old. But as I said end of the day the younger generation will just lie or go to another site, so not much can be done I guess.

• But the format of this site has the potential to grow into something of a discussion forum, from just dating and relationships to much much more. Hope the owners realize it.

• I agree at somepoint, but I think the youth of today seems to look for help with peers outside their world and other countries to see their POV

• If you are just a visitor on GAG, then its okay. But if you are a regular user, these repetitive questions get on your nerves. For example, one good question can replace 10 to 20 useless ones. Maybe there should be an option to browse on questions, so that we don't see the same ones again and again.

• Exactly! There are too many to even start listing..

• I feel you on it

• lol people under 18 have the most problems. This is coming from someone who has changed categories since starting (so sad)

• I think most of them won't admit it until years later. They act all grown up and in control. We know they are not. We've all been through it!

• So true. F****** kids. Haha. Plus all there questions are the exact same there's probably like 5 unique questions total amongst all GAGers under 18.

• Agree with that, very repetitive and boring

• I used to be 16 but it was lowered since 13 year olds have questions too that they need answered.

• Option D: get rid of the trolls who constantly post those kind of questions so they can rub one out

• Thanks for the addition. Its obviously the trolls and perverts that are causing the damage.

• You're welcome:) hopefully the admins will take notice of this

• In 7th grade I remember being taught about sex in my school its all apart of growing up.

• It definitely is not so in India. We don't have sex education as part of the curriculum.

• You know what, u hit the nail on the head! If you guys get all the sex education in school, then its okay to discuss all the related stuff i guess. Its just not the case in India. Maybe, I'm struggling with all this due to the cultural differences.

• Maybe, but a lot of Americans actually agree with your question as well about the age limit for GAG members it goes way beyond just culture.

• That's not going to change anything, you know.

• That's obvious. But its embarrassing to read the crappy questions and realize even the 13 yo are gonna read them.

• Meh, the unsettling thing is that quite a selection of under 18 users are probably more sexually experienced than some of the over 18s! O_o

• I am no moral police, but this is worrisome.

• Yes we need folks who are >50 as well.

• But there is no upper age limit...>45 years can include 70-yr-old as well

• well you are modi-fied :P

• Okay, I don't mind that.. I admire him :)

• I am very mature and find your lack of faith saddening...

Oooh! Look! Spongebob is on!

:3

• Mature? Wait till you reach 30, and then try to answer this question :). I've been through your age too thinking the same thing, but life has taught me otherwise.

I am not for banning either Sex or Spongebob, as long as they are not getting obsessed by it. The sheer volume of questions on the size of the body parts on Live Feed is alarming.

I have full faith in the teenagers. They represent innocence and great potential. I don't want them to thrust adulthood on them at this rate. Teenage years are as much about growth, learning, discovery, personality development, as it is about sex. Too much curiosity is also a bad thing. But it has to be healthy.

• 18+ is a good age to begin but it will be difficult to verify it.

• Yes, there's no way to ensure that. But there must be other ways to ensure some kind of filtering happens, and the right kind of content reaches the underage users.

• well i like your idea, but you and me both know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. It depends on the people and how they post their questions or opinions in a way that is appropriate.

• Only way that would work would be to sign in through FB. So unless they do that, there's no point.

• It ultimately depends on the kids' parents.

• Not unique? At least none of the popular social n/w sites have this format. Authority figures are conservative? Then, I'm sure they will take my opinion seriously. Just as there is are Spanish and Turkish versions of GAG, there should be an Indian version too to suit people like me :)

• There might be one day, I wouldn't know.

• I think GAG should have a special section where questions like sexual questions go for adults only.

• So since they're not getting answers from anywhere else (because schools sure as hell aren't teaching sex ed, and parents avoid it just the same)... you're proposing to cut out a resource for them to ask questions about instead of just jumping into their curiosities and misinformation?

That's the age old "take something away from someone to make them not want it" belief that hasn't worked since it was first thought up. If you seriously think that a young person going through puberty can just be told to not do or think about something, then you haven't thought out that idea for yourself. If you don't want to give advice to a person under 18, then don't. But don't be just like every other possible outlet in the world that shuts them off because you'd rather bury your head in the sand.

• I am not for a total ban if there is another way to go about it. We can still have them, but make sure we discourage them (gently) from asking too many questions about sex (most of them are repeats anyway). Its hard to believe all of them can be so much into sex at such an early age. Most of them get influenced by peers, and they look up to their seniors as well, so we should help them out as to how much is too much.

Especially given that 70-80% of Live Feed is about the size of the body parts. Its the sheer number that bothers me, not the questions themselves. Asking 1 or 2 questions is curiosity, but asking 10/20 similar questions indicates obsession.

• Yes, it's been clear the whole time. Same as what I've been saying each comment: how do you manage who sees what on this site when there are already age restrictions that people will circumvent if they want?

The option to restrict adult content overall is obviously out of the question for obvious reasons. So what do you propose be done about people underage seeing adult content?

• Make it hard for people to cheat.

Firstly, raise the membership age - not everyone will try to break the rules, so many will get filtered there.

Second option: Monitor the questions on sexuality topic, maybe build a filter to identify words that are considered explicit/semi-explicit in questions - since people doing it would be too cumbersome. Using these results, warn that there might be unsuitable content for the young users, and in fact, do not allow that question to free access. Only allow members (above 18 only) to be able to read that question thread.

But one problem is that this is a free site. That's an advantage as well as disadvantage. They get a lot of hits, but in also brings down the quality.

That's why ultimately its not for us to decide what should be done. Only the site owners can.

• I knew all about sex and the consequences of it since I was like 12. In fact I didn't even lose my virginity until about 2 weeks ago (I'm 23). I just think people make too big a deal over age. Even adults make dumb mistakes sexually, it's all about the individual, not the age. There are much worse things these teens can be doing like looking at p*rn which again I don't think is a big deal. p*rn makes people happy and less likely to do stupid things sexually because they can just get their release behind a computer rather than behind another human being.

• Good to know u handled ur teen years maturely. But each kid has his/her own learning graph. So, not everyone matures early.

Also, p*rn helping people is highly debatable. It only helps addicts. I feel this website is in danger of being taken over by such people.

• What I'm saying though is that I don't think age is to blame. I see older people make dumb mistakes (sexually) more often than teens all the time.

What Girls Said 19

• why the heck should they raise age? obviously anyone on here has an internet connection.. soooo please get some perspective,

age 16 is old enough to get married and have kids and drive, should it really be to young to take part in discussion?

and what 12 too 14 year old doesn't watch p*rn? do you think there is even 1 out of 100 000 ? and if you do, then realize that you are clueless.

nature grows us up, and people like you need to quit playing babysitter, deal with it, and go live your own life.

• Thanks for ur rude comments :) Loved the "truth" pill. Still, I feel its people like you who need to get a perspective. Life is not all about d*cks and p*ssies. Open ur eyes.

• Let me thank you for talking about "young adults." That's exactly what I mean! I'm glad we agree on something at least!

I am repeating this once again - I am NOT for banning the kids from discussions on websites altogether. I only want to make sure its made very clear to everyone coming on GAG that you have to treat the kids with sensitivity, like how mature adults would, and not encourage all the crappy questions that get asked just because its "Trending" or "Popular."

I agree with all your views on how young people need the right exposure in order to gain experience. I just want to make sure they are handled with care. It can happen if the age restriction can be implemented, but since it can't, the next best option would be to discourage people from asking too many sexually explicit questions as it'll attract the wrong kind of people to this website.

• we are probably from vastly different cultures, but I believe Censorship of every kind is everyone's worst nightmare... but the worst and most dangerous form is directed toward youth

anyway thanks for your views and pleasant comments, I know that we will not see eye to eye without exchanging life stories in a nut shell perhaps lol :):)

• At one point the membership age was 16.

But lets be honest,
    We can raise up the age but that won't stop the younger people from changing their birth date and joining any way.

Honestly, when I was under 16 I wish that there were sites like this around.
    The younger generation has so much questions to ask about sex.
    I feel this site can positively help them in getting the answers that they need, instead
    of turning to their peers (that may inform them incorrectly).

I feel that the age should stay has is.

• Okay, I accept the age thing is a bit difficult to ensure. But there's all kind of perverts answering too here. I am only worried about too much adult content and kids thinking it's cool to think about sex all the time as its very popular on this site. Like its sending wrong signals. I feel GAG is not exploring its potential to become a bigger forum than just a dating/sex/relationship website.

• Yes. Most guys here are weirdos trying to fulfill their sexual fantasies through asking dodgy questions which shouldn't be shown to 13 year olds and maybe we'll have less of those dumb kids wondering if they're pregnant because they had sex for 2 seconds with no condom on. Instead, GAG should have, "don't have sex until you're educated" on the top for any youngens peeping in.

• It's a good idea, but pretty impossible to implement because kids are going to lie and say they're 18 anyways.

• No i don't think they should. this site is supposed to be a place where anyone can come and ask any questions they have to get answers from older or wiser people which many people are too shy to ask in person. i myself have been on this site since i was like 13 years old and i am very thankful for it because many people here have helped me get through things i never would have been able too on my own. and besides if anything they have lowered some of the standards for being on here because it use to be that anyone under 18 could not even go in the sexuality section let alone ask questions so i doubt they would change it back now.

• I don't know much about GAG's past rules as I signed up only 20 days back. However, I do feel this site has great potential to grow beyond mere sexuality questions, which it is currently full of, so was offering some input. That's all. Its the teenagers who are extra curious about sex, so they have to be handled carefully. Since even anonymous users can answer, some of them can be perverts too, so the kids end up getting distorted advice. So, its not always safe.

• They just lowered it a couple of months ago, so I doubt they're going to raise back again. It's useless anyway, underaged people will always sign up and simply lie about their age.

• That's true, but there should bring in a sense of accountability. Isn't that the reason why they have moderators?

• Actually, I'm mature enough to read all that crap and move on. Its the 13-year-olds that I'm worried about. They might think this is all normal and that'll lower their standards. The kids don't deserve it i feel.

• I agree with you. The thing is just, rasing the age minimum on here won't change a thing. They will sign up regardless.

• I don't think so. The sexual content isn't an issue at all imo, because we have already been "exposed" anyway. However, I might have a different perspective, since the legal age of consent where I come from is 15. I believe underage people have the right to use this website, just like anyone else.

• The legal age where I come from is 18, so this website conflicts with that!

What I'm trying to say is, since we all can't agree on the age thing, at least let us agree that we can be more responsible in what kind of content we are encouraging either by asking or answering. Coz i don't want to be part of (and I am sure u do too) something that I'm not proud of.

• I don't think talking about sexual topics here is neither irresponsible nor embarrassing. And if I really wanted to find out more about it, there are about 38784758 other websites tht I could use to do so.

• not to 18 i just want the maximum age to be 15-16 because anyone younger is annoying and I'm sometimes scared that I'm giving sex advice to 14 year olds so at least i just want to see their actual age you know

• Blocking under 18.. how? Like having to answer the question are you 18+ or younger? Like anykid or teen would answer truly on that. Parents have the responsibility to block this site.

• Of course, the responsibility first lies with the parents. But it'd be nice if GAG can bring in more filters. In the name of freedom, the kids are getting wrong kind of exposure.

• I agree, but how can they? Even p*rn site are accessible for kids, unless the parents block.

• At the same time, allowing 13 yo as a matter of policy to interact with perverts is not wise.

• Hell no. I am 17 and I will be almost the same next year. And if GAG did that I'd probably create a new account saying I'm a year older. Does it really make any difference if someone is 17 or 18?

• Yes, 17 or 18 is almost the same, but 13?

• Please block them. They deserve it. We don't have sex education in school. That's why many of the Indian boys go berserk on the Net. I feel sorry for them. That's why I'm against indiscriminate exposure, especially for the underage ones.

• I do block them. I feel sorry for them too because they could get into the real world and get a girl and be gentlemen but all they do is keep annoying young women on sites like this one.

• I have read a question from a self-claimed 12 year old that she was ready to have sex with anyone... I just hope that was a troll.

• People dont reveal their true age often

• No. People become sexual around puberty. They need to figure things out

• As if without this site, kids are not exposed to sexuality. Right.

• I am only worried about this site as I like this and am on this frequently. Exposure to sexuality is not bad, but it shouldn't be indiscriminate. GaG can set an example by making sure the kids get the right messages. If not by increasing membership age, at least by ensuring the content that reaches them has been written by responsible adults and not by the trolls.

• I don't have a problem with the under 18

What I do have a problem with is the under 18-year-old kids on here randomly attacking opinion owners for no reason

• Freedom without responsibility.

• They come on this website and their little fits
      Blame it on the hormones I don't know but I seriously stopped answering under 18 year old questions

• Honestly, GAG has made my friends and relationships so much more manageable and secure, it's made my life so much more enlightening being able to understand what Girls and guys really feel and what they really like and how different stereotypes are, it has truly made my social life more understandable with the minimal conflicts. I would hate GAG to make the membership age higher

• I think you guys needs to calm the fuck down. Reality is, 14 year old are having sex. There is nothing here, that younger people haven't seen before.

• If 14 yo are having sex, then something's wrong with them. Its not normal.

• I know all this has already happened. Its all in past tense. The teenagers are neck deep into all this. But I'm a very hopeful person, don't give up that easily. Hence, I was thinking there must be a way out of all this, I wanted to stop getting embarrassed looking at all those questions.

• Im sorry but there isn't. The only thing we can do, is to enlighten them about safe sex, and how bodies work.

• I voted B, because I feel it's all apart of growing up. I feel sometimes the older generation doesn't look back at their teen years and think of what they were exposed to (even though were probably more exposed). I'm under 18, (obviously from my age indication) and I think it all depends on what your perspective is and how you handle what your exposed to. My view on it is that I don't want to do anything until after I finish getting my education, get a job, and really figure myself out. I'm still in those teen years where the world is just becoming a reality. Yes, I am curious about sexual things and sexuality, but I'm not going to go out and pursue it. No, I don't think we should be banned from GAG because it has been a learning experience for me and I learn more and more each day I come on here.

• Even though my question suggests that, I'm not for banning the under -18's completely. I only want them to be not included for the questions with sexually explicit content. Actually, if done responsibly, anything can be discussed with kids, but there are a lot of perverts on this site who can end up causing damage.

• There's are people many ages group who wants 50 years old Pedobear here

• Why go to the other extreme, pedo's are not welcome here :P But older people sharing their life experiences can be very helpful.

Learning about guys and girls has to be fun, but not go over to vulgar... that's what I mean.