Is it possible to block an anonymous poster?

I don't like that I might be responding to the same anonymous users after they have spewed disgusting and hateful crap at me, especially since it can be difficult to even get the offending content removed. Is it possible to block the poster of particular content without being able to know who they are?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, not the way the site is currently set up.

What Girls Said 1

• No there is not but I sure wish there was. I don't allow anonymous posters on my questions now but sometimes they can be annoying on other comments. I remember a guy was just begin so mean and tried to go back and forth with me and even when I stopped he continued and spammed. I could not black him but I reported each comment and they were all taken down.

What Guys Said 2

• No, without knowing their username, you can't block them because you must go to their profile page to block a user.

Our FAQ is full of information like this. :)
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• Everybody I've blocked is now unblocked. Any idea how that happened?

• We're looking into it. Thanks.

• Thanks for looking into this. I see you still haven't fixed it or told me anything about it.

• im sure that isn't possible unless you can figure out who they are by their typing habits or whatever, some people do that, and then just take a guess and swing.