How many people on here have friends, relationships, or generally have more of a life on GAG than in real life?

I asked another question yesterday about all these guys trying to sext me on here and one of the responses made me think.
Do people feel life they are having a life by making "friends" on here?
I'd said most people want to give advice and get advice, then put their phone down and live in the real world. But some people have relationships on here, friends, etc. I know you can feel a closeness through text, but surely you'd want a physical aspect to it. Why have these feelings of love if you haven't ever even seen the person or touched them.
Has anyone ever traveled far to meet someone on here?
I just find the people who have these big Internet lives built up on here, but don't have a big real life. They do their work to pay the bills come home and this is it.
Don't you want more?
I'm not judging, I'm curious

Most Helpful Guy

• Introverts who have bad social skills and can't get women tend to flock to the Internet to fulfill their social needs. I guess I'm one of the few extroverts on the internet and I just sorta use the Internet to wind down when I'm at home or when I'm bored at work.

But yea, those guys are probably socially awkward.

What Guys Said 11

• Oh I am one of them for sure. I got no friends in life except for a transit forums website because I'm a railfan. But I spend more time here than there.

• I see my activities on here as sprinkles on an ice cream cone. At home, I have friends, family, activities with the kids, work, parties, and the usual "run the household" chores.

Here, I can shoot the shit, make some xper points so if I want to buy something really stupid off Amazon I can do it "guilt free".

I've made a few friends here on GaG. Have never met them in person, mostly because of the distance.

• Same here, I'm much more into my real life. I would really call GAG a life for me, it's just something I do when I'm bored or have free time. I don't think about it until I pick up my phone really, and usually still not then.

• my reality > GaG. all I can say really hahaa

• Same it's not that important to me, I wouldn't spend time making a friend Or having a relationship with someone I won't meet.

• How does one make friends on GaG?

• Well, for what I tend to do during the weekdays I tend to get paid.

Other than that, I don't really have friends in either realm.

Oh well

• I'm pretty satisfied with my actual life I don't spend enough time on this site for it to qualify being a life. This place is just something to do when I'm bored.

• the total number of characters in GAG i use, are more than the characters i use in real life i guess

• Actually sadly that on gag only i express myself freely , i do have a life but i need to put different exterior to get what i want

• I don't have a life here or there.
    I don't have a life anywhere

• Real life > GaG

• No, my real life is much more significant

What Girls Said 4

• Being on GAG, I still lead a Full and busy life of my own.. I juggle both because I love GAG, love helping everyone as part of my own life helping others, having Done it All of my life...
    I am in between traveling right now, for I love to do this. There are a lot of things going on with the Middle East, disease floating around, toil and trouble More so now, and many warnings from our State Department that is keeping me close to home.
    I am busy online Here, my emails from E-Harmony that keeps me busy as well helping others from another avenue, and the time I spent on FB and Skype with my husband in Egypt, I utilize Now down another road, for he and I are currently 'In between our marriage.'
    I am making plans, in between working as a residential aid for the elderly, going to writing work shops in the city here and being active in other aspects with my family I stay with, to get my Itinerary for a trip to Hyderabad, India next March, for I have friends out there I had met on FB.
    Just biding my time. I have been talking to a lot of nice people here through messages, no one I am meeting or planning to see. Oh, I take that back... Yes someone who found me here from India and wants to meet up... xx

• See that makes sense, you use the Internet as a tool for your real life almost. Not as an escape from your real life

• Oh, no, no tan escape... I am Not into TV anymore, maybe a movie I rent here and there, and would rather be helping someone online or doing some research, than to lounge around watching the boob tube... I also love to write plays...

• I do make some close friends here, one of them we communicate everyday via kik. I do have theintention to visit her if possible. In real life, i have some close friends as well and we keep in touch via whatsapp too. I love texting more than chit chatting over the phone. Many of my RL friends are people whom I met on internet and fortuantely none of them are psychos *phew :D and many of them are very nice people, no regrets. I always believe that on internet there would be some good souls it is whether we open up to people and also how often we interact with them, need to dig deeper to find the good ones.

• I've met a few guys on dating sites that I've become friends with, but other than that. Trying to find a local relationship and a friendship coming out of it. I don't think I would want to put effort in a relationship or friendship if I won't meet the person

• Personally I just don't see the point of investing yourself with an idea of something. Example, if you were to say you bought a car on the Internet, but it's only on the Internet, you can't drive it in real life. People would think you're batshit crazy

• I treat people online and in real life the same. If I like a person and find her nice or funny I wld always chat with her. I don't draw the line. I do share with my rl friends about things I learnt from here

• GAG is part of what I do in my free time. I socialise and do all life necessities in real life.

• My case is sad for now lol. I found this site, got addicted, and now i live on here til i am evicted. I'll get back to real life one day... hopefully soon.