Do you believe that blocking system in GAG is meaningless?

Well yeah i believe that. After all you can simply ignore someone without having to block him. But the most annoying thing is that before i reach to answer and explain myself the user blocks me. that's stupid. i never blocked someone else and i will NEVER NEVER NEVER do. simply because there might be a SMALL chance that a certain user that annoys me 99.99% of times in a chance of 00.01% might come very useful.

So anybody else who believes that blocking system shouldn't exist?

after all if there's a problem with some user he can be simply get reported, without getting blocked

  • block system is needed
    81% (13)50% (5)69% (18)Vote
  • block system isn't needed
    19% (3)50% (5)31% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Girl

  • I agree with you, there's no point in blocking anyone, it's a lot better to just report the person.

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

  • I am kind of torn. I don't think it's meaningless because there are some people who get harassed a lot by other users and they can't deal with it. So their only option is to block certain users.
    However, I never really use it. I usually either ignore them or simply harass them back! I barely even report users to be honest.

    1|0
    0|0
  • It is necessary especially when there are so many pervs around. We all probably get blocked by someone at least once here. It is inevitable the longer we spent our time on gag. If they block let them be then. I am being blocked by someone here too but I dont care since he is a perv

    0|0
    0|0
  • block system is needed and is very useful

    0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but what if someone goes anonymous? he can answer to you

    • yeah it sucks... it would be awesome if gagers posting hateful comment while being anonymous could be blocked

  • Blocking is for pussies..

    Unless you're constantly getting sexual messages. That's the exception.

    0|2
    1|0
    • you can report the user who sends those kind of messages

    • lucky for me the lips scare people away so I rarely get those lol

  • I love blocking people.

    0|1
    0|0
    • why?

    • Show All
    • i'm against blocking in anyway... i'd prefer to report if someone send me offensive messages, or simply ignore him/her :-)

    • I do both if the occasion calls for it. But sometimes people just annoy me with constantly overtaking my opinions, but they aren't breaking any rules necessarily so there's no point in reporting. Also, sometimes users will consistently say off the wall shit/offensive shit, and I'll block them even if I haven't interacted with them so their questions don't show up on my feed.

  • The anonymous feature is useless in my Opinon because if you block someone and you ask a question anonymous of you post an answer the blocked user can still reply. A lot users seem ignorant to this. The only thing a blocked user can't do is message a user but if a user is anonymous the person can do anything except for rate the answer

    0|0
    0|0
    • i'd like to go anonymous to answer to someone, but i cannot do it because i don't want to be anonymous, so damn i've got to let it be as it is :-/

  • I think that they should make it to where if you've blocked someone you can't see their opinions

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

  • its just a simple function they implemented. I don't know if they thought it through all the possibilities before implementing it but since most sites similar to this has a block feature it seems like it there would be one. im not making much sense am I? hahaa :D

    0|0
    0|0
  • There is no drawback to the blocking option. Just report the user. If you wanna avoid someone who is not necessarily doing anything against the rules and regulations then reporting them won't do anything. Blocking would be the better option for that situation.

    0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but some people here say that if he goes anonymous can do whatever he wants, don't he?

  • I've blocked 3 people so far in order to keep them off my comments, because they tend to be really lengthy with their "arguments" that hold zero merit, and I kinda got bored of replying. I might undo that later... maybe.

    But I really think that permanently blocking someone is just overkill.

    I primarily agree with you, it did take 4 years for me to snap and block anyone, after all.

    1|0
    0|0
    • yeah i remember when you said that about permanent blocking when a girl here was mentioning that she wanted to block me... if you remember LOL.

      i got annoyed then

  • The simplest reason I can think of for having a blocking system is if another user is repeatedly harassing you, be it unwanted advances, crude language, or just being a jerk, a user should be able to block future contact from someone who makes them feel uncomfortable, or angers them.

    0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but that user can simply make a new account and start again doing all that stuff to a certain person LOL

  • It's never even occurred to me to block somebody.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Not needed Please refer to the opinion @dontdropit made.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I think its a good way to avoid creepers like me.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...