Thank you GAG for adding the feature I've been waiting for!

I can finally see how many up votes and down votes there are on an opinion without having to cast my own vote first!

I am now actually thinking that I would prefer there to be a "see results" button, where once you've hit it, you can see the up votes and down votes but you can't add your own vote now that you've seen how others have voted.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is not a new feature, on the old version of the site this is how the up/down votes were set up. It caused a lot of abuse and bandwagon voting.

When the site launched this new version back in February, the change of the voting feature is the one thing they got right. Now for some unknown reason, they changed it back. I highly preferred the votes being invisible so that each person could not be influenced and so they could form their own opinion before voting.

• Oh I see! Well, I've only been here for a few months so I wasn't aware that had been an issue in the past. Hmm... I hope it doesn't happen again.

• @Bandit74 Not at all. I have been here a long time but that doesn't mean I know more. I just have my own opinions on this topic based on the individual things I have seen here. I don't think your opinion is "wrong," not in the slightest. It's just different than my opinion.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm surprised it took them so long to do this. This is how the old site used to work. Now I don't need to vote on every opinion to see what others think of it.

Now we just need a voting system for questions to put the Rate Me questions down...

• Oh great another unnecessary update to G@G, I agree with @xHoneyxBeex and prefer the upvotes and down votes be hidden. Having the upvotes and downvotes visible prevents the system from being abused, people are more likely to give an opinion a downvote if they see it already has downvotes. by the way the feature is not new, it's actually a feature from the old site, they just brought it back.

• Ok I can see now that it is a problem.

• I think it's a stupid feature. Now, your vote is influenced by everyone else's vote. I'm 100% sure at least one person is gonna be like, "Wow what a good opinion, I'm gonna up vote it" and then see that it has 7 downvotes and then be like, " Nevermind, I should downvote it."

• Amen. Didn't notice until you brought it up.

• I just thought I'd thank them for a new feature since there have been many complaints about the features lately

• @Ilorando
      Ok thanks. I haven't been around GAG for that long.

• @asker no problem.

• yeah i agree that's a good one feature

• It's a good change to avoid downvotes / upvotes because of curiousity of seeing the votes :P

• Yes! That was why I liked this new feature! Although now I'm thinking that a "see results" button would be better. See xHoneyxBeex's opinion for details.

• I like being able to see them better as well. Some opinions I don't want to up vote or down vote, but would still like to know what others think. They don't have a see results button we can press instead of voting.

• "See results" button would be good on voting for both opinions and polls.

What Girls Said 6

• Another good update for GAG would be to not auto-add a question mark at the end of question titles, because some questions really aren't questions...

• This is the way it was on the old GaG site. I prefer it as well

• I'm so pumped for this!!! Best change ever!

• Yeah I like that too! :D It's nice to see.

• Just noticed it myself but then I don't pay much attention to the votes.

• It would be nice to gender restrict some questions. I see a lot of questions requesting one gender

• I disagree - sometimes the gender you think won't have good advice actually has some valuable insight to share. Why should a question asker be able to discriminate based on gender?

• Nevermind I think you don't get it

• Then please explain to me :)