Notification sounds when you get a message in your inbox? Yay or nay?

The orange icon that comes up when I have a message in my inbox seems inadequate. I'll be msging someone, then go to another tab and unless I remember to come back and keep refreshing the page, I never know I have a message till long after, by then the person might have gone :( Even when I'm on GAG, I'll be answering a question and not know I got a message till after I answered/asked the question I was writing or refresh the page. Even if no sounds are added, maybe a little (1) on the tab the way Facebook does when you're not on that tab (nt that I'm comparing the two, just using that to explain what I mean). Does anyone else agree?

• Yay, add a notification sound or number on the tab
    62% (5)88% (7)75% (12)Vote
  • Nay. It's fine as is.
    38% (3)12% (1)25% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I wish I could make this a feature question.. don't know how though :( want some more feedback!!

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I say a number AND a sound so we can surely now for sure.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I like the idea, but I think there should be an option to turn the sound off for those that don't want it.

2|2
    0|0
  • yeah it seems outdated that we would have to refresh to see notifications lol

1|3
    0|0
  • no way sounds are annoying, because i listen to music when i'm into GAG

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't like actual sounds to as notification, however a (1) on the tab would be nice.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes good idea

1|2
    0|0
  • I'm all for the number thing.

2|0
    0|0