Do you think GAG is just a circle jerk of a certain group who constantly fish for compliments?

Question title says it all

All the "who's your crush?"
"who do you want to meet?"
etc etc etc

And it's always the same people mentioning the same other people

Most Helpful Girl

• It definitely is. a circle of politically correct mostly modern atheists who don't know what is even atheism or agnosticism and call themselves so because it gives them the advantage to consider themselves modern as the modern is becoming a synonym of thoughtful and put themselves against any values and while pretend not believing in any value they have the 'upper hand' through believing in the modern 'value' of showing themselves as rebellious towards anything that is against their ideas. Defending some modern values mindlessly and illogically while the ones who created the modern world created it through reasoning and came out of the shell with the power to distinguish and superior logic.
    These are just the same common people who taint everything with the touch of their mindlessness.

My block button is always ready for these pretty little spoilers of thought and truth.

• Sie können nicht mehr richtig sein. Lieber Freund. 😊

• I love this girl.

• Wow, you summed them up pretty well, there. I agree with what you said, they're basically e-hipsters. They aren't good looking or cool or trendy enough to be hipsters in real life so they have to come on sites like this to act like they're so enlightened and above the rest of us lowly bridge-dwellers.

What Girls Said 12

• Not necessarily. I think that a lot of the active users here form friendships and simply like to compliment or mention each other in those types of questions. I will admit though, it is pretty much always the same users begin mentioned.

However, I think that's probably because those users are more "regular" and they actively engage in conversations with other users either through private messaging or in threads here so it's to be expected that the users who know each other fairly well are more likely to mention each other in GAGer questions.

I do think that those types of questions are being asked excessively these days though. They're fun to look at occasionally but when they're asked every singe day, it becomes annoying, in my honest opinion. That's why I just ignore them, for the most part.

• @xHoneyxBeex

I know you're a mod but it is becoming excessive. I also ignore it but it also means after I've taken one look at the live feed I go off straight away. I doubt that the site was designed for it to turn into a popularity contest...

I do agree with you though how its the people who have taken time to get to know each other through private messaging who get mentioned.. I dont see the harm in that I just think as I said at the start it is getting too excessive. Way too many of the same questions.

Has gag ever thought about having a featured section? I. e a lot of the same questions get asked but if people want to know an answer to something then people will find it straight away. You can use a variety of opinions shared as not everyone thinks the same but it will help people and will start to cut down on the excessive crap that keeps being asked. I. e. what does it mean if a girl/guy stares at me?
      Does this person like me?
      Etc...

What do you think?

• @noneoftheabove xHoneyxBeex is an Uber Moderator. Mods are volunteer users, they don't work for the site like admins do.
      To see the differences, you can check out our FAQ section on Moderators.
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, we'll pass it along to our directors!

• @GirlsAskGuys

Xhoneyxbeex has made me aware of that and thanks.

Im not telling you how to do your job either you just do what you think is best for the site. Ill still be here regardless just think it gets too excessive majority of the time.

• Yes, but I enjoy it. I don't take this site too seriously, so those threads can be fun.

P. S.: @Red_Dragon, is that you?

• certainly not.

• Well in that case where do you fit in?

Are you the one that's asking these questions or the one attempting to fit in?

• I am not sure whether they are the ones who creatw the topics. I hope not..
    Well indeed there are many cliques around so they tend to support their friends

• Ummm.. Who knows 😐

• Welcome to the bubble

• Nothing wrong with a circle jerk (whatever that is) if everyone feels better about themselves

• en.wikipedia.org/.../Circle_jerk_(sexual_practice)

Ah, now I see... he is using the metaphorical use of the word.

A circle jerk is a sexual practice in which a group of men or boys form a circle and masturbate themselves or each other. In the metaphorical sense, the term is used to refer to self-congratulatory behavior or discussion amongst a group of people, usually in reference to a "boring or time-wasting meeting or other event".

• I'm now horrified and disgusted at the phrase

• You are obviously too young to be on this site

• What makes you say that?

• It's turning into a pop teen website lol

• There is some truth to that.

• they just compliment themselves and flatter themselves. haha

What Guys Said 22

• Nah I don't think so I prefer to mention random people

@serp777

see that guy? just found him on the live feed

@ButterflyXkisses

I admit I've seen this gal once before. . . even gave her a nickname

@Nekocite

seriously, I have no idea who this guy is

@NovemberJoseph

this guy is just a random stranger

• How did you know :o

• naughty again right?:D

• @kangy what? I haven't done anything naughty. . . yet

well I might of been a bit naughty earlier but it was for a good cause

• Why do you even care? 99% of the questions here are fucking stupid anyway, so what does it matter if a lamentable few use it as a platform to boost their ego through internet praise? Those threads just get lost after 5 minutes in a flood of even more retarded questions.

What are you trying to accomplish with asking such a question? For people to agree with you? For them to bring other people down with you? Would that boost your ego?

And you're doing it anonymously too, so weak and hypocritical to care about your standing on gag.

• well it would make sense for people to mention known people because obviously they are known. how can you mention the unknown. but yeah those questions are really starting to trend.

• No if anything it tends to be a ranting ground full of guys who are ranting about girls being anything from gold diggers to whatever else comes to mind while girls are being told direct sentences from guys and then come here asking "what does he mean?" when all she needs to do is repeat what the guy said.

• It's just a small percentage of the sites posts. I think they are just having fun. I do think "wth" when I see the same question like 3 times a day or 5 times a week or whatever. It's like how often do you really want to say your crush or who you like? It gets kind of zzzzz boring I would think

• i don't inherently have a problem with questions like those mentioned. The problem recently to me has been the growing regularity of them. It's become a regular weekly thing now, with very little variety between questions. i imagine if you're a new user, it must be pretty annoying/alienating, because it tends to be only the most popular who are mentioned, which makes sense. I think I may stop posting in them now, in the hopes that others do the same... so we can see less of these questions so regularly. An otherwise fun concept has just become annoying now.

• I don't know if theyre fishing for complements but there is a "special club" on this site and I'm not in it. I always just mention myself on those questions or I'll just avoid them all together.

• I've always wanted to be in a circle jerk.

But I had a different idea about what they are... this is kinda disappointing, actually.

• Nopeee, and what's wrong with fishing for compliments?

• Not necessarily.
    What I have noticed though, is this one little club of people who tend to gang up on other people in comment sections and back each other up in arguments. It looks almost like bullying sometimes. Smh.

• It is bullying. I saw this same thing happen on other chat sites and forums. I'm fucking sick of them, dude.

• for some I guess. I don't think it is for most though

• It's just what happens when a group becomes comfortable with themselves and each other. I don't think it's a case of "hey look at us!" It's just that the format of this site makes general interaction more visible.

• Yes. (Filler)

• Nope. I don't.

• Ahaha this is very true. But I don't mind perhaps these people need the attention and that is fine.

• Haha, probably not good but hey I did something. ;)

• In some cases yes, in others no. Everyone is different

• I get what you"re saying, it's annoying but that's why you can just scroll over them questions.

• I agree, and popular users who refuse to be part of their little clique are eliminated one by one through banning.. Yet members of this clique are allowed to call people retarded and tell them to shoot themselves all damn day. I reported one of these members for numerous antagonistic post, and got a warning without any reason attached. I'm pretty much discouraged from making any kind of effort on this site now. Several cool people here have just disappeared all of a sudden because the in-crowd didn't like what they had to say.

• Yeah I agree. They turned this into their little Facebook. It's tiring to say.. Damn! Again?

http://i.imgur.com/6NlZgwF.jpg

• pretty much they are all each other's followers and jump on the same questions with pretty much identical answers.. it's pretty sad they can't think for themselves, most are gurus or masters

• That is fine..
    I'm European and I like it a lot more when it's day here.

I'm not trying to judge anyone but when it gets to 6-8pm or something, then the whole thing goes shit. Like, the quality of questions.

*virginity
    *look how hoe i am*that's okay sweetie, you're a woman
    *rate me
    *why guys are dick
    *imma got fucked by 6 guys last night, how was ur weekend
    etc...

• oh and ofc i forgot the complaints about racists, but still it's okay to say that whites are so dumb.. lol?

• So true man.