GAG should get rid of the "follow" feature!

If GAG got rid of the "follow" feature there would be less cliques and more honest answers. It seems they all answer the same question with the exact same point of view no matter how stupid it is. Who ever answers first is right and the others just jump in and say the exact same thing.

What do you think?

GAG admins is there any reason to have this feature?

Most Helpful Girl

• I follow members that I like so they can message me privately, and so that I can message them. If you don't follow me, you can't message me, and I changed that setting to curb all the weirdos who were sending me dirty messages and shit.

I honestly don't see how the following feature fosters cliques, but whatever.

• I bet one of your followers will agree with you shortly

• Oops, I meant "If I don't follow you, you can't message me".

I'm not exactly part of any cliques here. I try to be friends with everybody, or at the very least friendly to everyone here.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't get what is going on with the 'Follow,' although I have many followers. It is just part of GAG's Gig here that they include like Facebook does. And maybe a chance to make friends along the way. xx

• I don't filter my stuff by followers. I follow certain people I like so I can more easily find them to message them or creep on their answers.

• I totally agree follower sounds like your being stalked. hahaha I liked the old friending thing much more.

• follow a person doesn't mean he/she want to be part of the clique. i follow the person either she/he follow me or i like their answers

• Nah, I like my clique.

• I like it. The people I follow I find most interesting, so when I want to filter out the stupid "does he like me?" and "am i hot (no picture)" question, it really helps to make my GaG experience less annoying.

• Send them a pm and they are a click away

• It allows people who like to talk to each other to talk to each other. I don't see a reason to follow people though

• You can still message each other privately if you find someone you find interesting

• Just answer some questions instead

• That's what I do, I'm not following anyone

• I follow people just because

What Guys Said 8

• I had no idea there were "cliques" on GaG lol. I like the follow simply because there is no proper user search feature yet and also because I can't remember all the usernames accurately that I like to converse with. this is just in reference to following other users.

• We are here to ask and answer questions I thought why do you need any communication with a fellow user

• following me makes it way easier to find my profile and send a message if I were ever deleted from their inbox.

• Yes use private messages and they are always right there in your mailbox

• GirlsAskGuys is a growing community and we want people to be able to connect to each other through questions, opinions, comments, private messages, @mentions, Following, and being Followed.
    Following a user puts their activity in special LIVE FEED filters.
    It also puts their opinions on top when you're browsing a question's responses.
    When you find someone who you find funny, who gives good advice, who you feel is helpful and/or who you want to see more responses from, you Follow them and we make it easier to find their posts, giving you exactly what you want.
    If you don't want to use the Follow feature, you don't have to and you can make your profile private, preventing users from Following you as well.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• I think this really skews honest answers because buddies don't want to have conflicting point of views. Private messages should be enough.

• G@G's not changing. Abandon question.

• How about making all answers anonymous and opening up a chat room where you can socialize with friends

• Some people on here are quite humorous. Some give great answers. Some ask great questions. When I have only a little time, I look at the posts of people I have "followed". Other times I check everything out. And sometimes, when I have not noticed a particular person's posts for a while, I can check the "follows" to get to their profile and check their posts from there to see what they are up to. I never did like the old "friends" thing. That was like special groups. Now I can follow someone who interests me without ever communicating with them or being in a group with them. And I am perfectly open to anyone following me.

• hmm. . nah I don't think they should get rid of it, If you see an interesting question but don't have time to answer you can follow it and come back to it later

as for following other users. . . I only keep track of messages and rarely look at their activity

• following questions a good idea, following members is useless

• I don't think it's completely useless to follow other members

those pesky questions can be slippery, don't let them out of your sight not even for a second or they'll get away and leave you in the dust

• Lol, I'm following a bunch of people but I'm not filtering anything based on that, so technically me following someone is pretty much the same as not following them. I'm completely indifferent regarding this, but the follow system was merged into the friend system, and a friend system is obviously required on a secondarily social website.

• chat room?

• There was something like that when Meebo was linked with the website but it's not anymore.

• Yeah then the feed of rate me and is my dick big enough questions can go uninterupted...

No, I think I'd rather keep it.

• Will u rate my dick plz? I only got 9 imaginary inches is that enough to please my imaginary gf?

• You understand that getting rid of the follow feature would change nothing right? Everyone will just bookmark eachother and then look at eachothers history. Besides, you have no backing bro.

• You are absolutely right.. all answers should be anonymous, I took the wrong approach

• ueah it's kinda useless LOL

• No, not important right now. What DOES need to be changed is the endless scrolling/Tumblr format where the questions all technically appear on the same page, but after the "Load More" button.

There is no easier way to lose your place in a list of questions if your page refreshes and no easier way to have the hardest time trying to find specific times of questions. This is why Tumblr is such a difficult platform to use in terms of bookmarking posts and whatnot. It's easy that you can just click 1 button (on Tumblr) to like a post, but it quickly gets buried in an un-organized list of other likes that also all appear on the same compiled list.

Please GAG admins or developers, ax this system and return to a page system for the sake of organization and ease of use!