Do men give better advice than women?

I'm curious because the top men have significantly higher scores than the women in terms of being helpful. I also find them more honest in their answering. What are your thoughts on this?

• Yes, guys give great advice.
  • No, I think women are better at giving advice.
  • They both give the same quality of advice.
This wasn't meant to pit the sexes against each other. This was created out of curiosity because the top male users have higher scores than the top women.

Most Helpful Guy

• It varies from person to person, however on average guys approach the world from a more logical and analytical view, while girls will often respond based on feelings and emotions. I'm not saying that being emotional is bad, however when someone wants advice they don't want to hear how other people feel, they want to know what other people think. In addition to this @AdamThomas is right about men needing to initiate for dating, so most of the dating advice that a man will give comes across as more active while often women will be passive. All that said. these are just generalizations and any woman could be analytical and offer great advice, just like any guy could give emotional opinions, I'm just saying that most of fit the stereotype.

What Guys Said 24

• I think it's equal except for when it comes to practical dating advice.

All a girl has to do to get guys interested is not be weird and not be ugly as fuck. Girls can be completely passive in the dating game and still have plenty of male interest - whether it's from the guys they want or not, it's better than none at all. I see girls say that they've been rejected loads of times or that they gave up approaching men after being rejected so much, then when I ask them how many times it's like 1-2. Makes me laugh because I've lost count of how many times I've been rejected, and if I were to give up after the first I know for a fact that I'd still be a virgin. So their advice is usually along the lines of "don't change, just keep doing what you're doing and the right girl will come eventually, if they don't like you as you are they're not worth your time, just be more social" and my absolute favourite: "it will just happen".

As we know men are expected to do pretty much everything: approach the girl, ask for her number, ask her out on a date, make the first move for a kiss or whatever, initiate sex etc. And a man who doesn't know how to do any of that and never figures it out usually ends up being a virgin because unless he's attractive it's very unlikely that a girl is going to pursue him. I was a shy kid, and I used to get "friend-zoned" all the time because of that, and also because I was skinny. So I had to hit the gym, grow some balls and learn how to talk to women. For a man in that position the worst thing you can do is follow any of the advice that women typically give because you'll get nowhere.

Nothing "just happens" for men. My gf had a one night stand with a friend before she met me and she says that she regretted it and didn't mean for it to happen, she says they got drunk and "it just happened". It made me laugh, and she was shocked when I said the dude would have been planning to fuck her the whole time.

• It depends on where you live though. I know plenty of passive guys...

• @dipta - there are a lot of passive men, and a lot of them are virgins - a lot more than people realise.

• I really think it comes down to the question and the type of question.

Girls seem to be better at the behaviour-understanding questions and the dating/flirting questions.
    Guys seem to be better at answering the "how to keep healthy" questions.

concidering this site is mainly female-based, and most questions from females are directed to guys.
    So less guys to answer a question = bigger chance of a guy getting "most helpful answer".
    While less guys asking questions, more girls answering -> smaller chance of "most helpful"

• I think women are more likely to click on Most Helpful. A lot of guys, esp younger ones, won't bother.
    It also depends on the person.
    for instance I really only am interested in the womans answers. I usually only even look at questions posted by women. sometimes one posted by a guy will catch my eye but very rarely.
    So 99.999% of the time my MH will be a woman

• I think it goes both ways.

• Depends on the context.

As far as dating and things of that nature, women tend to give god-awful advice.

But I mean, if I had a financial adviser who was female, I wouldn't assume she was going to give me bad advice.
    That's a little less tied to gender.

• Guys are fixers and problem solvers. If we see something is wrong, we want to do something about it. We take great pride in having the ability to put things right. This can lead to 'white knighting' and the desire to come charging to the rescue where it's not wanted.

• yea... i think most girls are just trying to be nice when they give you advice, and guys for the most part will kid around, but when you get them to be serious it can be brutally honest -_-.

• I believe it depends on the question honestly. Women's perspective can be very insightful in many ways that men cannot give.

• Guys are maybe more objective and put less emotional content in their thoughts and opinions and so giving straight to the point advice. in my opinion

• some do some don't

• logical advice yes, emotional advice no : P

but really it is all down to the person I would say

• It depends what kind of advice you seek really, men are more straight forward and brutal where as women are caring and will be gentle with you, at least from my experience

• I don't think either girls or guys give better advice, but very different advice, and in certain situations you'd rather talk to a woman, while other times you'd wanna talk to a guy

• Women give slightly better advice, because guys sometimes will try to act all hard when giving advice.

• guys give shitty advice when it comes to pussy (at least me, I really have no clue about cats.
    I see it equaly as people don't always answer your stuff in a objective way and some just answer stuff by the way they feel or feel at the moment

• Some PEOPLE give better advice than other PEOPLE.

Nothing to do with gender.

• Idts women tend to be more level headed I think. Guys can be out there

• Menn are always better haha

• Men for the most part yeaa

• I wouldn't say same qaulity rather both give unique sides of something.

• Men for sure. women are fueled by emotions so they should never be president.

• Couldn't the same be said about men being impulsive though?

• Sorry, your question wasn't about women presidents lol but I'm sure you're right idk.

• Depends on the question

• It depends on the subject, but in general men are viewed as leaders and authority figures because, well... because they are men.

We can try to change that perception all we want, buuuuut...

• Women give women terrible advice. They give men good advice.

What Girls Said 16

• It depends on the issue.
    A question where a woman is clearly overthinking and getting emotional, men are better. Men have a more direct approach to matters and women can tangle themselves in knots.

Women tend to be better at the emotional and support questions. Like abuse or rape or something; I tend to think with 'damaged' people they need a gentle approach and sometimes men's directness can come across a little TOO direct.

• Sometimes I do think guys can be better at giving advice. They are often more logical and better at telling "the truth" without being vague.
    Many guys think more logical than girls, that is just how it is. Genes.

But at the same time, I do think girls can be better as well, but in the end it depends on the question and the situation.

• It really depends on the topic. A man can tell you more about how to catch a specific fish and how to select the proper tools for a DIY project, while women can tell you how to properly apply foundation and how to deal with emotional situations. Every person is different, therefore, they give different advice.
    So, with that in mind, I chose option C.

• your sex does not define your advisory skills, your intelligence level does... stop generalising people...

• Calm your tits, it was a question.

• Clearly you do lololol

• I don't believe she was saying anything rude (up until the bitch part, but that was only because you were being rude first). @Asker , you should calm yo tits!

• honestly yes guys can give AWESOME advice sometimes, but so can girls lol
    it depends on the topic i guess lol

• they have the same quality of advice since men knows more about men which could help women a lot in understanding men, and vice versa.

• I say it's equal because one might just be better at giving advice on certain topics than the other.

• So far the guys here I have met are nice and they have a lot of wisdom. Girls do too but no offense i'm kinda more interested in hearing what guys have to say. But it probably depends on my mood too. XD

• Both give good advices, in my opinion.

• Men definitely because women tend to be unrealistic about things sometimes and over think things so they read into stuff that isn't really there.

• Vote C, some anon users really gave good advice

• well both of them give good advises. It just depends on the person and the topic

• Depends on the question and personality. We can't be biased here.

Answer mine? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1182320-he-likes-me-i-like-him-no-one-is-taking-it-further

• sick of this men vs. women questions...

• Then read something else!

• it depends on the person not the gender

• Most of my questions MHOs were by guys, so I guess yes.

• Yeah, but that's also because you're a girl looking for a guys perspective, not another girls. I feel it's a bit biased...