That's it. I am sick of this anonymous harrassment bullshit, so here are two suggestions for you, dear admins. Alright?

PROBLEM:
You post your opinion on an anonymously asked question, meaning no harm. The Anonymous Asker comments and disagrees with you and starts acting hostile and antagonistic towards you, maybe even insults you, either indirectly or explicitely.
Now, since they are anonymous and you can't block them, they can continue to comment as many times as they please. The main thread itself either doesn't qualify as remove-worthy, or the admins have reviewed and decided to not remove it, so basically there's nothing you can do to stop the comments.

SOLUTION Nr. 1:
You implement a feature that allows us to block the Anonymous Asker from commenting on your opinion in that thread anymore, not having any effect on anything else - the actual user will not be blocked, therefore the blocker cannot find out who the Anonymous user is.

SOLUTION Nr. 2 (my personal preference):
You implement a feature that allows us to not only block the Anonymous Asker from further commenting on your opinion in their thread, but also from ever being able to interact with you anonymously again - this would of course also have the vice versa effect of you not being able to post on their future anonymous posts anymore. So basically, this would mean we're able to block only the anonymous activity of a user - again preserving their anonymity.

So, dear @GirlsAskGuys, will you please either implement one of these two suggested features, or, if you have any valid reason not to, at least find your own solution to this extremely annoying problem?
I know as a fact that I'm by far not the only one frustrated with this.

And please don't tell me/us to simply avoid anonymous questions altogether. If we did that, we'd have to avoid 3/4 of all questions on here and might as well just stop using GAG.
And also please don't suggest to just ignore the further comments. When you get a notification, you will take a look (because maybe it's someone else commenting) and you will see the further harrassment.

• SOLUTION Nr. 1
  • SOLUTION Nr. 2
  • BOTH SOLUTIONS - Allowing us to choose each time.
  • Neither (please explain).
Looks like we have a stable trend of 80% pro-solution versus 20% anti-solution. Just sayin'.
I'm still waiting for an admin of @GirlsAskGuys to tell us what they think of my suggestions and more importantly, what they are actually going to do about this problem. Don't be shy. ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree wholeheartedly. I understand the need for the anonymous feature on a site like this, where many topics can be contributed to with worthwhile, but embarrassing personal experiences and information that some might not be comfortable putting their name to for whatever reason. But that feature is too often abused as a mask for douchebaggery. I don't have too many bad interactions from here personally, but I see it all too often against others. Most of the stuff I hide for violations comes from an anonymous source. I hate a coward, and that's exactly what people who do that are.

GAG should be a place where all the users feel comfortable, and I think implementing something along the lines of these ideas would go a long way towards creating that environment. That would eliminate a lot of antagonism, as well as unwanted creepy comments to the ladies. Great idea, SandPlanet!

What Guys Said 20

• *Select Solution 2*

We are in agreement Sand.

img.photobucket.com/.../...m-maker_zps64fd5f7b.gif

• I'm starting to get the feel from your previous comments that you really don't like much of the people here. Like some of the comments are not offending you or causing harm in any way and yet you initiate the whole thing by commenting with a sarcastic comment. Then eventually you get mad and decide to ignore the person when you could have done that BEFORE you actually started the whole thing -_-

Has it ever crossed your mind that if you don't mess with people, most of them won't mess back?

I was with you by the end your question. I was like "Hell yea this must be annoying. For some strange reason this never happened to me, neither have I ever seen it happen in any question I have seen, but damn this does feel annoying". Then I started reading your comments to people, and I am with you no longer.
    When things get repetitive you need to start taking steps back and looking at the overall picture before you start to blame people.

This is hypocrisy on its purest state.

• We've read and noted all of the feedback and suggestions here, we appreciate it.
    We're constantly updating the site and these suggestions will be added to the table for consideration.
    Thanks. :)

• I guess that guy really set you off, lol
    I'd like to vote (C) for both since i think it would be nice to choose whether to just block them on that post or to block them permanently. However realistically it would probably be harder for them to implement that so I'll go with (A) since it seems like the simplest solution.

• Which guy? There were quite a few recently. Haha.

• I've been on and off in the past few years. I have only been as active as I am now for the past few months, since I work at home a lot.

Well, enjoy your year then.

• thanks, Ill try :)

• I agree with both solutions something needs done please
    feel free to tell the head Administrator that I agree with you
    Thank You:)

• I voted B... C would be too complicated I think. Too many features would create confusion.
    Since I've become a moderator I've seen some opinions and comments that I would have preferred never to read. Statements that are aimed at the heart. Generally either against a race or against gay people.
    And indeed, often anonymous.

Another option could be to put in the GAG policy that the admin team has the authority to see through your anonimity and take action if you break the policy, without disclosing to any user your identity.
    So you have anonimity towards users and even moderators, but you don't have absolute anonimity if you break the rules.

• Admins can already see who the anonymous users are. I think you meant mods, maybe?

• Just ignore them

• Wow, you're so funny.

• I do see your point and I was just offering you advice.

• It seemed to me you didn't even read my whole question, especially the part where I explained why "ignoring them" isn't much of a solution, due to the notifications. But whatever. Thanks for the effort, or so.

• You deserve a standing ovation!
    media0.giphy.com/media/11uArCoB4fkRcQ/giphy.gif
    I choose option number 2!

• I voted B. I've never been harassed by an anonymous like that, but it sounds really really really frustrating.

• You already did what I was going to suggest to you. You marked your question so that no "Anonymous" users could answer. Now the cyber-bully either has to show himself or go through the hassle of setting up another account.

• Both options, hopefully will apease all and give you a choise of option and in my oppinion a moew choise is always better!

• http://makeagif.com/i/v9WLIO

Oh just like that guy who keeps saying you are from Australia (a whole other country) and the other thing he said that I won't say because it's personal, but you know who I'm talking about.

• Solution 2. It's best I feel.

• I agree, I'm tired of people going anonymous to ask stupid questions. I would love to be able to block them. I like solution #2

• Well I'm sick of all the ass kissing on here. You know who you are.

• The motto for this site should be: "SHOW YOUR EFFING FACE OR DON'T EFFING WRITE." :-D

• Tho I agree on blocking the anonymous from commenting on your opinion, but that wont's deter the anonymous asker. they'd just just use someone else's opinion to get the job done. Not interacting with you anonymously again, that would be kinda hard to do since their is no way of knowing who the anonymous user is, and knowing gag it would most likely take an effect on all anonymous users.

• I'm not sure if you understood my suggestions correctly. The feature (Nr. 2) would let you block an anonymous user from interacting with you anonymously again. So if they are anonymous again somehere else, they will not be able to comment on you and vice versa.

• But that was the point of my whole suggestion - to be able to block an anonymous user from being able to interact with you again when anonymous. I'm not quite convinced you did understand my suggestion. Haha.

• I don't think I'm convinced either that I understand the question :(.

• Eh, I voted C) because features are good, but I personally would say A) is pretty neat as it is linked to the opinion and probably not that difficult to implement. Basically just blocking one person on one specific opinion. Pretty handy.

• orrr...
    no more notifications button when you see that your oppinion just starts into a discussion or harrasment. I think that's how fb solved this (no anons but fags count aswell)

• People hate no matter what you do. Its better to ignore that rather than blocking them. cause then you'd have a lot of fake ids created just to abuse.

• Without the blocking option I would have left the site long ago. You wouldn't even believe how much harrassment this avoids. I'm glad for you you don't have this problem.

• Well I don't ask many questions here, so no I don't get hated on much. And yes, some comments I've read here can be too offensive as well. if you're getting hated on a lot it just means you are getting more famous and well known on this site

• That's true, but doesn't change the fact that it's an issue. And as you can see, I'm by far not the only one who thinks this is a problem on here.

What Girls Said 13

• Yesyesyesyesyes. PLEASE. I want BOTH solutions, but I prefer number 2. Thank you for literally taking the words out of my mouth lol.
    I don't have a problem with the anonymous feature as a whole, since I believe some people should have to right to use it if they don't feel like sharing intimate details publicly. But yeah, obviously the anonymous feature should NOT be used as a tool to get away with harassing and antagonizing people because you KNOW they can't block you. That's the worst.

• Well, if you were the one posting this question, I would have answered just what you just answered. So I guess we both took each other's words out of each other's mouths. :)

• *high fives*

• I really like your ideas.
    C is ideal but like @hans222 already said, it would be too complicated to implement it.
    So apparently, I voted B. Don't get me wrong, I am not against anonymity at all. In fact I support it, BUT if you want to be an asshole or a bitch, then have the courtesy to do so without hiding or just face the consequences like everyone else does. It sounds quite fair to me.

• I do like both features.

I DO NOT HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS

But on my old account, @QueenofFoxes this crazy bitch started harassing me and went all psychotic on me and I couldn't do anything about it because she was anonymous! I even tried not responding but it was daily and I tried going anonymous but the bitch found me. So I think this will work.

• Completely agree. This has happened a lot lately.

• I think this is a great idea. Seriously. There's a reason for the anon button, and it is not to harass people without repercussions.

• YES!!! I agree with you. They will ask questions and if honestly answer them. They will harass you. Tss I hope they do what you suggest. :)

• I'm all for any solution because it is unfair that anonymous users abuse their anonymity to harass people and we can't stop them

• Absolutely need this feature as I have assholes commenting on my threads who have blocked me but I'm not down with just blocking every asshole on here, that's a full time job!

• Yes I have had a few anon posters I would have liked to block. My preference would be 2 but either ! or 2 works for me

• Both options.

• Both the options. Some anon users do harass users if there's a disagreement regarding the opinion.

• Both, you got nice idea there. but if they're going to implement #2, many are going to leave this site or less likely answers questions here. I know that if they just answer nicely then there will no problem at all but still, its their opinion.

• Why do you think Nr. 2 would make many people leave the site? They still can go anonymous as often as they like.

• Did you try emailing them with these suggestions? Also I have dealt with harassment from anon users on here for so many times and it's just random there is no reason behind it