What IS a "GAG Crush"? Seriously, what is a "GAG crush"?

These questions come up pretty much daily, but as I read them I'm somewhat confused what exactly the term means. Technically, you can see some opinions of a specific person on specific subjects and a fragment of how they represent their ideas, and possibly a picture next to it - but that's that. You don't really know them. So what is this "crush" thing about?

Most Helpful Girl

• Developing an attraction based on the image you create of them. For instance, I don't know much about you but we have spoken a lot and I will subconsciously fill in any 'blanks' about your personality and create a 'virtual' you. The more I find out about you will determine whether that crush increases or decreases in intensity. If you continue to reveal things about yourself which fit in with my already pre-conceived ideas about you then the attraction will grow, if you begin to dispel some of those ideas and show your true nature and it isn't in line with the half imagined man then the attraction will decrease and eventually disappear. Of course this is from the perspective of someone having a crush on a personality and not just looks, if we're talking about looks then it will be a simple case of finding the person physically attractive, but I don't need to explain that to you my friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a joke, obviously, since we have no idea if we're even talking about someone's true gender..

• It seems pretty awkward to register on a website like this with a gender that does not represent your own, no? I'd expect that up to level 5, but not past that.

• Who the heck knows?

• Well I just treat them whatever gender they claim to be :D
      Technically I don't think I really make a difference between genders over the internet, though.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people use the private messaging feature too. Crushes aren't love... simply fleeting feelings usually.

• Oh. I don't PM much around here, and not a lot of people PM me. Considering people block their message box most often because of the Creepers, I am not surprised.

• Actually I learned crush concept here. It is American thing?
    I don't have a mid step, like a crush. If I like someone, I like. I have no idea about crush to be honest.
    Gag crush? Who knows? People can develop feelings. Yeah it is internet, but we are human. Can develop feelings, that is it.

• "Crush" basically just means "infatuation". Aka, you look at someone and you're like "OMG S/HE SEEMS LIKE SUCH AN AMAZING PERSON AND SO ATTRACTIVE AND OHMAHGAWSH"

• Hahahaha I liked your explanation. LOL. Now everything is so bright hahahaha

• Well I'm glad you found that particularly informative :p I try

• it's a crush that makes you gag

• no, I think GAG is an acronym in this case, unless "gag"ing in this case is a weird synonym usage for laughter.

• It's when an avatarsexual person's GAG-"member" gets hard seeing other GAG-"members".

I also would like to point out that most avatarsexual people are filthy sluts who have new crushes almost every week.

• members hate gagging on others' members

• Avatarsexual? As in, "attracted to people's avatars"? Do you think my sexy atomic particle has a chance?

• They fell in love with their pictures

• ... at BEST that's infatuation, and even then it's supported by obsession. o. o

• and also their regular communication on site...
      i can't do it anyway, must see a person in real life before i develop feelings

• I don't think it's the usual crush, because a lot of girls here have crushes on each other. Probably, it's admiration, loving their comments and opinions.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't really understand it. There are some cool people on here, but I just couldn't develop feelings for someone over the internet. Most of it is probably based on looks too, and most pics are, at best, the most flattering pic they ever took of themselves, and at worst not them altogether. I pretty much don't trust anything on the internet.

• I don't even know anyone here. I don't have any crushes.

• It's the process of gagging someone by sitting on their face. Therefore in the act of gagging them you are also crushing them, hence the term "gag crush".

• I can't develop a crush for a girl if I don't know her so I really have no clue.

• @delrey that's exactly why this concept weirds me out. Infatuation based on looks, maybe, but anything based on a picture and a text is nothing but mere fantasy.