Has GAG made any differences to your life so far? If yes, has it affected you positively or negatively?

And how has it affected you? Thanks for sharing your thoughts and casting your vote downstairs :)

• Yes, GAG has affected me postively.
  • Yes, GAG has affected me negatively.
  • No, GAG hasn't made any differences to my life so far.

Most Helpful Guy

• It has both positive and negative effects on my life

Positive
    1. Got some new good friends, who are so much fun that they are responsible for 80% of my happiness each day.
    2. Very informative since I get the everything from the people directly, there is no editing/ composing such that happens in magazines.
    3. Got to know new things. People with experience are willing to help the inexperienced.
    4. Had the chance to help a few people, which I am extremely happy with.

Negative
    1. Some times i fail at giving good ideas or the people feel offended by my ideas. (I tried to help a girl with her medications, telling her of the side effects and told her some alternative, safe methods and she just said "Its my body, i dont need your advice"). I was genuinely trying to help.
    2. Many people hate my country (obviously due to the misbehaviour of some others from the same country). So they just avoid me even without giving it a try. I kinda feel like Everybody hates me here.
    3. Some people's experiences just suck the life out of me. Some times i get that idea that all relationships are complicated and I won't survive one, however hard i try.
    4. I feel embarrassed when giving advice on sex and stuff like that to underaged people. It just says "below 18". Donno if I advised to a 17 year old or a 7 year old. I try to be as subtle as possible, but their questions are through the roof in their rawness.

• Current population of India in 2014 is estimated to be 1.27 billion.1.27 billion!!!
      I have heard many people on this site said so many horrible things about India and Indians since my day one on here. I mean come on, how can people condemn the entire nation which has 1.27 billion people and call it a sick nation because of some black sheep in SOME parts of it? This is overgeneralisation, disqualifying the positive, metal-filtering, all-or-nothing thinking, magnification and emotional reasoning.
      I live in a multi-racial country. My family and myself have interacted with so many Indian workers FROM INDIA and we find most of them to be nice and very hardworking people, not like what a lot of GAGers here have said. I have some groups of friends who work as volunteers in India to help build their schools and public toilets and when I ask them how they feel about India and the Indians there, they only said positive things, not like what a lot of GAGers here say.

• mental-filtering*
      No problem :)

• Chill, Just a typo :)

What Guys Said 17

• I voted 'A' cause it has surely affected me positively :-)
    1. For one it's a more productive thing to do in spare time than other things on the internet
    2. Made a load of new friends even if we don't know each other's true identities but we can be open to each other more so because of that
    3. Being on GAG has made me realize that those that are judgmental are actually weaker thus never to jump to conclusions about anyone or anything
    4. That there is always a flip side to the coin even if that thought won't logically cross your mind
    5. Global integration helped in understanding so many things, lifestyles, chains of thought etc
    6. etc

Possible negative
    1. It can get quite addictive if you aren't self aware which luckily I am (the latter) so can't really call it negative - it's a choice ;-)

- The world is a comedy (positive) for those that think and a tragedy (negative) for those that feel :-D

• I did ask questions I really needed help with. Users here did give me informative answers which helped. I asked some out of interest and got answers that made me feel better and know more. I found out more about other people's lives by reading their Q's and A's. Enjoyed helping others. So it did make positive differences in my life.

• Not specifically, i'm more here to give advice than get advice and if I do ask questions it's more me filling in my time between midnight and 8/9am. The giftcards have been of use though.

• - Reaffirmed my belief everyone is fucked up.
    - Learned not to be so creepy. Still creepy though lol.

• Honestly, negatively more so than positively.
    I was way more productive before I got really active on here.
    Then when I had a little infatuation with Classic and talked to more often she decides to quit and that sucked ass. At least I'm slowly getting a bit more productive in life again.

• Made me realize that I don't have nearly the amount of problems I thought I had. There are some really jacked up people out in the world.

• Made me realize a lot of things.
    1) Everyone has problems.
    2) Everyone feels the same about those problems.
    3) other personal stuff
    If it wasn't for gag, I'd probably just watch tv. I'd rather be here talking to strangers across the country and sometimes world.
    It's a tiny bit more productive, isn't it?

• I like helping people and I like eating with the $10 dollar food card as welll

• I think it makes me happier overall because I can be true to myself here, and say anything I want. I can't really do that in real life. If I told my friends about the girl I liked, they would try to fuck me over. I rarely get any advice that is life changing, or even decision changing, but I still like it here. The community isn't too bad, and I've chatted up some real qt's who've boosted my confidence :)

• not at all actually LOL

• GAG has made me appreciate women a lot more.

Reading their insecurities, their honest opinions has made me see women in a more positive light and the opinion I once held that women have it easier in life than men, especially dating has been proven to be incorrect.

• It didn't really change my life that much but i met some awsome people.

• It's good. Made me see girls perspective on relationships and stuff.

• 99% positive. since the few negatives that i learned here have also helped me in life

• From what I've gathered so far from this site, is that some of the egos of these bitches are out of control. It's just a popularity contest for them.

• It has and I read most of the responses.

• It has actually affected me negatively. It's hard to explain, but it just has.

What Girls Said 10

• it has affected me positively... now i am better at understanding others.. and it has also increased my typing speed lololol

• made me realise that there are many types of people out there...
    the really nice ones, and the really... you get the point :)

• many people have given me good advice and i'm grateful to them for taking the time ane energy to help me.

• There should be a poll option for both.

• I purposely created the poll like that for a reason :)

• Yes, I've met great friends and learned a lot:D

• I select C
    it should be in-between but i guess the impact isn't that great

• GaG comforts me knowing that many people have the same problems and weirdness levels as me :)

• Its a really cool site I wish more people would answer my question though

• But when I checked your profile, it says you haven't asked a question yet :)

• Gag had not made a difference in my life

• Pretty much gag Just deletes everything I do on here

• In a way, GAG has affected me positively. I joined this site after I got out of a relationship that really hit home for me and well... let's just say I'm not upset anymore.