Does anyone know what this GaG-Poll "account" is?

I'm talking about this:
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/gag-poll

It has zero opinions, zero questions, and generally zero activity. Yet it is level 5 and has lately been leading the Top Xper User rankings of the last 7 days.

It kinda creeps me out. What is that thing?

P. S.: If it's an actual account, I apologize for this question. But I have serious doubts that's actually a person.

I have actually PMed that thing a couple of days ago asking it if it's human. No reply yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow that account hasn't posted a damn thing, yet it has more followers than I do :(

I have three theories.
    1. Someone created an account and hacked their xp level. I don't know why someone would do that but it is possible. Maybe just to get hacking experience :/
    2. It's an account made by the administrators and maybe they are planning to use it exclusively for poll questions. Maybe to create polls about what changes the users would like to see made to the site.
    3. It's a dummy account made by the administrators to test potential updates.

Other than that, I haven't a clue

• But why would it be in the form of an account?

• Look below, GAG has cleared it up (in their usual robotic way...).

• Oh , I didn't see their response. Lol I was hoping that one of my theories was right but I think I was starting to overthink it. I guess the simplest answer was the right one.

What Guys Said 10

• It is a GirlsAskGuys account that'll be used for polls only.

• And it is level 5 with 100+ Xper points already because... just because?

• @Tokana I only got one "official" warning, but they only banned me for two days, and then they finally deleted at least some of the content I was complaining to them about at the time.

• they messaged me already but thanks anyways

@srslyly

• Strange huh?

http://i.imgur.com/SkPa9W7.gif

My question is how did you notice the account?

• It's constantly visible on the right side of the front page, where the top 4 Xper users of the last 7 days are shown.

• Four Brothers is awesome, I was really impressed with that film, but how have you not watched the Departed yet? It's truly epic, like, really really good! Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon are just excellent and totally steal the show, but the A-Listers were chosen well, they all have brilliant parts and the film keeps you on your toes until the very end. Very very good.

• @LastGirlScout I've seen a lot of it, but I haven't sat and watched it all the way through.

• Yea i agree i noticed that account here is what I'm thinking the administrators
    had that account and weren't using it so than they changed the name to GaG Poll
    it might be someone going to be another head administrator it's really hard to say
    i notice it too with that high level and it just opened the account 10/8/2014 huh?

• Hahaha I love your curiosity. I just clicked on the link and have NO idea what this is... It's some kind of phantom account. Creepy!

• Sounds like some kind of extreme black magic in the mechanics of how polls work on this website.

• its my mums account... she is very elusive...

• Your mom is hot. I'm jelly. Tell her to leave the site. There can only be one.

• I laughed so hard. Reminds me of a cat terrified of a vacuum or something. I've wondered about it too :p

• Anonymous activity doesn't show up on one's profile.

I don't think this user has anything to do with GAG staff.

• So you think it's some normal account that posted tons of exclusively anonymous stuff in the past few das, enough to reach level 5? Could be.

• Yes, I think so.

I'm pretty sure I got to level 4 or something like that in my first week.

• I think it's an account created by gag.
    Seems like it could be a troll or something though lol.

• What would be the purpose of it, if GAG created it?

• Idk, but if it's not created by gag, I'm curious as to what goes through the account owner's mind.

• Yes, November Joseph, I was just thinking myself the same thing a few minutes ago----Strolling and Trolling. xx

• The admins are going to have a laugh at this question when they get back and look at all these theories

What Girls Said 8

• Wow, this is weird, maybe a stalker.

• How does a stalker reach level 5 without having posted a single thing yet?

• Yes, SandPlanet, it surely is, I agree with you... Thank you for bringing this to our attention here... xx

• I had a feeling GAG was behind it... lol:))

• Its an admin account like GAG blue account but I think its where the admins ask poll questions only. They are probably testing it.

• Well, if that is the case, they haven't used it at all yet. Which makes it even weirder that it's level 5 with 1000+ Xper points.

• I think they wanted it to be a higher level so it can bypass advertisements and post more questions.

• @GoldCobra:
      I doubt the admins see the advertisements in the first place. There would be no point to it.

• What I want to know is when they're going to stop mentioning Asker? She only has two comments, just delete here for good GaG because everyone thinks they're addressing the QA.

But no idea what this account is apart from one created by GaG for the sole reason of posting polls... which I may add are always dull as anything!

• I have actually posted a question about just that a while ago. You can read the admin's reasoning for why they won't remove it here: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1122757-the-ghost-of-a-dead-account-named-asker-is-haunting-me-in-comments

Well, it's been created very recently and yet it is already level 5 with 1000+ points.

• That would it mean it posted tons and tons of anonymous opinions within a few days, and not a single non-anonymous one, enough to reach level 5. It is possible. But I kinda have my doubts.

• Yeah, just looked and it's very suspect!

• I wonder the same thing. It's so strange...

• I have been wondering too
    Clicked on it but no clue

• I was hoping an admin could shed some light on it.

• Is a mystery I can't solve

• So is this a personal account or something to do with the GAG website?