Do you think it's a good idea to post a picture on GAG?

So, I've been on GAG for some time and I never posted a picture of me.
I'm thinking about posting it now.
Does it seem a good idea? What are the pros and cons of having a photo of yourself on GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. I used to have a picture of myself up and I may upload one again in the future. However, sometimes, it can cause unwanted attention. Such as, random people messaging you unwanted sexual messages and other creepy things. That's one reason I took my picture down. I haven't had any other negative experiences that resulted from me having my picture up other than being called "ugly" once because some girl didn't like me.

But, as I said, I will probably put up another pic of myself sometime in the future. In some cases, it's good because it let's other people see who you are and put a face to your comments. It can make it easier to connect with people when they can see the person behind the computer screen (assuming it's an actual pic and not a fake).

• ^this

I have not received any sexual messages or anything unwarranted from other GAG members, but I'm under the assumption that this is a much bigger problem for girls rather than men.

The 2nd paragraph are pretty much my thoughts exactly.

• Thanks for MH :)

• You're welcome :) Thanks for helping me :)

What Guys Said 20

• I've done it since the beginning, not like anyone will recognise me... not like anything would happen if they did anyway.

• Pro:
    People will remember who you are.
    Con:
    People will remember who you are.

• Depends on How you use this site. And your confidence level. If you are constantly afraid that someone is gonna do something with your pics, do not do it. The good thing is you can have random usernames. Unless its the people who know you from your area, no one can find you by the picture. If you are here to find friends, its easier with a picture. Even Girls find it hard to chat with other girls with no pic (doubting for a troller). And yes, it comes with consequences. But you can make your profile private so that only people who you follow can message you.

• I post them using Dropbox, meaning I have total control and can remove them whenever they want, unless someone saves it and posts it around, but that's not really my concern as they could have just found a random guy on the internet and claimed it was me.

• Posting a pic does make your questions and opinions appear more authentic and genuine, which is good.

Also community wise people with pictures are more memorable.

However it does increase the amount of perverse attention u will get since you're a girl.

• I don't think it's a good or a bad one, really. As @xHoneyxBeex said, it can cause unwanted attention, most for women I hear, but it can also make you seem more "real" to other people. I'd probably upload a picture of myself here, if I'd actually have a resent picture of myself.

• I posted my picture i really never had any problems, it's illegal to steal someones
    real photo of them and use it on here the administrators could take action against
    that person.

• Probably not, I'm waiting for the day someone messages me saying, "Hey ____! I didn't know you used this site!"

• No, I prefer the picture of the back of my shirt that I posted to posting myself lol

• Pros: You get recognized more if u want that community feel to the website. Also u get xper points I believe.

Cons: since ur a girl u will get messages a lot by guys That u may not want.

• Doesn't really make much difference to me now, but if I were a girl? Probably wouldn't do it. I might, I don't know, I guess it depends. The attention girls get can kinda suck sometimes and I wouldn't really want to be bothered.

• as long as it's not in the form of a rate me question go ahead

• I wouldn't be doing it

• Everyone knows who you are, so when you say something that goes against their morals or beliefs, they remember your face and name.
    Likewise, who you are becomes solidified and recognized. You'll be known for your lack of fucks given just because of a picture.

Note, creepy men (especially Indian) are in the masses here. Expect messages and entertainment (aka attention).

Speaking of which, going to change my picture back to me. Lol.

• to find out who's a chicken posting as anonymous and who's got balls to post with his/he user ID LOL

• Sure. It's always nice to see what y'all look like.

• NAH DAWG, THE INTERNET IS THE NEW WILD WEST AND THAT PIC COULD GO ANYWHERE

• I think it's a better idea than going anonymous.

• Apparently a girl was interested in me, when I thought we were just online friends. She asked for a picture so I sent one, and the very next day stopped talking to me. It really hurt that she didn't want to be my friend after seeing what I look like. It isn't like I was trying to get in her pants, I just thought she valued me as a friend. Not only did I find out she wasn't my friend, she made me feel very ugly. So I post a picture now so that I wouldn't be put in that situation again.

For a girl it might be different. You might attract more pervs if you are pretty. I haven't seen it from the female perspective.

• This girl was mean.

• That girl is very superficial... good that u saw her true colors

• Yeah why not, I don't see the harm. You can always delete it anyway. I mean delete the photo in the host site and it's also gone here

What Girls Said 8

• I've personally posted pics of myself since day 1 of being here. i dont really see any cons unless ur posting pics that are asking for trouble, if u know what i mean. even if people annoy u, just block or ignore them.

• I like to see who I am talking to. I agree with xHoneyxBeex on everything she said, so I will not type the same. Just don't invlude pics of kids in your pic. Too many creeps trolling through. My daughter was in the pic that I have up as my profile. I cropped her out.

• Yes, posting pictures of kids is very dangerous. It's something I will never do at any website.

• It is up to you but personally I would not. the reasons is that you get unwanted attention. Like people sex talking you or being rude or inappropriate. People can be mean and or stalkerish. They want more because they see your face and if they dont think you are good looking then they are really mean. I dont generally post my actual pictures anywhere and I would definitely not here.

• I don't feel comfortable sharing my picture. What if someone uses it for a fake profile and post bad stuff? Also creeepy people won't leave you alone.

The good thing about it though is that people can recognize you. (if you consider that's a good thing)

• Really the only issue I have had with having a picture of myself up is unwanted messages from guys, but I just ignore them usually and go on with my day. In my opinion there is no real reason not to, it gives you more of an identity, but what are the chances of someone actually recognizing you when there is no "real" personal information open for public view.

• I had mine up and then I took down. When I took it down I didn't receive any weird messages. I am comfortable now with a cartoon pic ;)

• Nope why you want other user here to get to know u : it's just gag not chat room or dating site

• I'd never post a pic of me in any website. But do whatever you like.