Why can't we edit posts GaG?

Who here would like to be able to edit their posts and thinks it's ridiculous that the option is not there? Or am I blind?

• Yes, want to be able to edit
  • NO, don't care people get what I mean anyway

Most Helpful Guy

• We appreciate the feedback and things are on the table for consideration.
    However, the reason we don't allow it now is its potential for abuse. Users trolling/antagonizing, changing it after, making the responses seem unwarranted and worse than they really are, or irrelevant.
    Ever-changing posts would also confuse the community, rendering the opinions and advice useless with the addition or deletion of certain details or words.
    We encourage everyone to carefully consider what they post before posting it. Typos can be corrected using updates or comments, and we admins often correct typos we catch in questions as well.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

• You better add this feature please!

• Take'em back to school. Proof read before you hit that Submit button.

• Good question, good response.

What Guys Said 7

• It would be nice I've made some grammar mistakes, but there's a lot of stuff I said I wish I could just take back or said better.

• Same.. sometimes I can be a bit harsh in my wording.

• I know right. I was once told I'm tactless, but honest, I think this bleed over into my writing as well.

• By not giving you the option, they HOPE you will take a few seconds to think before typing, to read through what you wrote before clicking SEND IT, and stop being such an impatient nutter.

• Impatient nutter? My first question ever on this. What a rude respons to a very normal question.

• "stop being such an impatient nutter." how is that not directed at me, the Asker? But whatever. I've never seen this question on this site (recent user) Excuse me for asking a normal question.

• 'impatient nutter'? Wow, that was like something out of Ryanair's customer service.

• i wish i could LOL

• It would be nice to be able to edit your post/comment for 5 minutes after posting.

• I would also like a preview function, cuz sometimes that silly autocorrect does something unexpected, grr! :P Also, then u could see if u failed to type a mention properly, for example.

• Yes like in YouTube

• Yes, I recommend them to to add this feature. People make a lot of grammatical errors everyday.

What Girls Said 1

• I would love to edit posts.