If everyone is so tired of their posts receiving anonymous comments, then why not just hit the "don't allow anonymous users" button?

It would solve a great deal of heap. However, expect less posts because no, not everyone wants you to know if it was he/she that said this/that. Haven't you ever heard of shyness or fear of rejection? Gosh, give some of us a break.

• I'm going to start hitting that button.
  • I don't mind anonymous post.
  • I am a user who often likes to post anonymous out of fear.
  • I am a user who often posts anonymous because I like to make people mad and get away with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen girls answering a "what's your favorite color" question anonymous, I'm like WTF.

• Lol well yea stuff like that doesn't make sense

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly, I could care less what the username is. Some trolls are honestly funny. Plus if everyone started doing this people would just make a "troll account" overtime and make their posts just offensive enough not to get banned with. Even if they did get banned, new account.

• After seeing the average reply from anons here i'm starting to wonder why we even allow anon replies at all?

Asking as anon is fair enough if it's limited, but anon replies? It's not needed, simple as that!

• Lol true. But like for these people who ask sexual questions, thats personal. Most people dont want to answer publicly on that

• Well I dont need anon for sexual posts because I know I'm not going to answer them anyway. I was speaking in general

• Yeah i do see your point. But i would argue that the number of times you need t post as anon is few. So if we limit to... say... 7 anon coment replies and 2 anon questions, and minimum level 2, we weed out those coming here to troll, and on the same time we limit the anon hate to bare minimum.

• Yeah I've had too many trolls around as anons and used to say "oh it's more information la dee daah" but I kinda got bored of the troll responses so my latest questions have all been "no anon allowed". Voted A).

I also used to say every information is useful, but after hearing the same thing again and again from the same people and that being illiterate nonsensical noise, I even started blocking people. I should be ashamed of myself, but I have no regrets, haha.

• I always use the No Anon Allowed button and I block people if i find something offensive or super inappropriate

• I block those who won't stop sending dick pics

• Oh I don't get dick pics, but then again I'm not female.

• Whats the big deal , why would i carr if someone answer or ask anon , its personal choice , if u r bothered dont answer them and dont allow anon in your questions , this thing doesn't even need to be disscused , even ur q is anon 😓

• I'm not the one with the problem. Im tired of people saying theyre tired of anon users. So i wanted to know why

• Because you can't go anonymous if you don't allow anonymous. It's a rule now to help keep trolls and spammers away. I like to keep anonymity on my questions, so, I have to allow anonymous answers, unless they change it back to the way it originally was

You forgot to not allow them yourself on this, haha

• I personally don't understand why anyone has a problem with anyone posting anonymously. I mean, in reality we ALL post anonymously unless we show our personal contact info in our profiles, right? And no one does that. So what's the big deal about not showing our user name? It's GAG for god sake. Jah heez!

My opinion is that anyone who has a problem users posting anonymously is a control freak.

• Yea I dont have a problem with it. I'm trying to see why others dont like it

What Girls Said 6

• i only allow anonymous because that person may give good advice, but is too shy. Or they're embarrassed.

• Yes I agree. But it depends on the question I ask

• Not gonna lie, I find it funny that you are anonymous and talking about blocking anonymous answers.

I don't mind them though.

• Because people are a bunch of dumbasses end of story. Have a great day :D

• Anonymous doesn't make much sense; since no on knows you personally on here. Its a good outlet to break free of the shyness

• But its not helpful if there's a huge photo of the Real You postes up. Most of us never know who may know us on here. Some of these people may see you in person on a daily basis and you wouldn't even know

• I think the easy questions like favorite color, eye color etc is pointless to be anon

• I'm one of those that ALWAYS answer on Anon. That type that answers those "what's your favorite color" questions anonymous lol.
    It's not because I'm a troll, but because I absolutely hate friend requests. Sorry, but I don't want to have a personal relationship on GAG with anyone that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to ask and answer questions.

GAG has gotten a lot better over the years (I've been a member for 6 years), but back in the day there were a lot of people that liked to continue your question/answer in messages which I found really annoying. They'd message you and be like "I love blue too! We should be friends" and ugh.. nothing bothers me more than that. Just a personal pet peeve.

• If you set your profile private, then no one can follow you. And if you click "only allow messages from followers" then no one can message you because you have no followers

• This way you can still post without being anonymous AND avoid requests

• Cool! I didn't know that! Even though I've been on here for so long I take really long breaks from the site (like 6-9 month breaks) so I don't see a lot of updates of things you can do here.
      I just recently learned that you can get stuff by redeeming points!

Learn something new everyday