"Too soon to pick MHO" - or not?

I have noticed something. When I try to pick MHO for one of my questions within 24 hours, it says it's too soon. Alright. So it be.

But the thing is, I constantly see other users get MHO sometimes like only minutes after they posted their answer.

What's up with that?

This question is dumb. The explanation was so obvious.

Nevermind my stupidity.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's beause you probably only have a little bit of answers on it. I've noticed that too, sometimes my question is like 2 days old and I still can't choose most helpful because it only has like 4 Answers.

• Yep, I guess that's it. Once again, I posted a useless question...

What Guys Said 7

• It's not useless, that tends to tick me off because I see how it was 20 minutes since posted, the question is viral, and the QA was like "OH MY THSI GUY AGREES WITH ME THIS IS HTUE JKBKEST ANSWR )1IKMA PICK MHO RIGHTE NOW" and i'm like seriously? It's been 20 minutes, and all this guy said is "I agree", yet whenever I try to select an MHO that early it gives me an error message. It SHOULD make you wait 24 hours.

• Yes, that's true. Giving someone MHO after just minutes is idiotic and shows that the Asker never cared for actual advice or opinions.

• I think it also depends on how many answers you have gotten.

• Care to elaborate?

• Sounds like a good explanation. That would also explain why the notification says "Too soon to pick MHO?" with an exclamation mark. Haha.

• One time I got one opinion on a question and I got a message to pick MHO... why... why do I even need to do that? Lol

• I think it's either do to not enough answers or the admins conspiring against certain users. I've had it happen to me before, and it was six days later on a certain question of mine that the system finally let me pick most helpful. I'm thinking it's more likely the admins conspiring against certain users, as I've seen fairly recent questions with only very few opinions that had MH already picked. This question is far from dumb compared to some of the questions I've asked.

• I've got no clue. I end up giving MHO after 2-3 weeks. Sometimes earlier, sometimes not. Reminds me, I need to catch up on that.

• It depends on how many votes/ comments/ opinions received too

• I think if you get more than 4 opinions you get pick MHO right away.

• The stupidest question is the question that has not been asked

What Girls Said 2

• Picking M H is related to amount of time or amount of comments made. If you get enough comments within a short period of time you can select M H other wise you have to wait like 24 hrs.

• It's weird. I also notice other opinions and questions getting deleted and others staying on that should be deleted