Do you think this would be a good feature for gag to implement?

One of biggest pet peeves on this site is when I'm writing a comment and get carried away to the point where I've exceeded the character limit. I then have to cut the extra text, post the first part, then past the extra part in a second comment. Sure this isn't a huge problem but it is an inconvenience.

What I'd like is for the system to separate the text into comments automatically. Example: Say I type a 3000 character response , rather than me having to post them individually as 3 different 1000 character comments, the system could just take the one long comment and separate them for me. This way you wouldn't have to worry if you're going over the limit and won't have to cut and paste.

I'm not really sure if I explained that clearly, but hey I did my best. Also I doubt I'm the first person to come up with this idea but let me know:
Do you think this would be a good idea?
Also... Do you think it would be something that would be difficult to implement?

• yes
  • no
  • undecided/ just want to see the results
Could the people that said no explain why this is a bad idea...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure about the chopping it up into 3 separate 1000 character sections, but I am with you about the character limit. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I have more to say than 1000 characters allow. I think GAG should simply implement a higher character limit.

What Girls Said 2

• That's a really good idea! I don't think it would be hard to implement.

• I know it doesn't but I don't know anything about coding or Web design so maybe it's harder than it sounds :/

• Yeah it is

• Some people voted no though. Im not sure if they misunderstood the question or maybe they are seeing something im not.

• Thanks, it would be nice if this question got more posts tho... that way one of the administrators could see it :/

• Maybe message the link to Sparrow

What Guys Said 3

• It's a good idea and no it wouldn't be at all difficult to implement.

• I think the point of that character limit is so that we can read any post within a few minutes. If you're writing 5,000 characters or more, you'll be congesting the site with posts few will be interested in reading.

• It would be useful if most people answered questions the same way you do. But most people use maybe 500 characters per answer, maybe.
    The code people aren't gonna bother writing the code for a feature that maybe 10% of users are gonna use.