Who thinks that the people with the most votes on a question should get MHO?

And not just the asker picking it

• Yes its better that everyone vote for the MHO
  • No its best the asker does this
Maybe I shouldn't have asked this

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually when you view it differently,
    you'd notice that in some questions, users post trolling opinions which is not related to the question but get upvotes due to his/her sense of humor rather than actually helping the asker.
    So the users who genuinely wants to help wouldn't get MHO.

What Guys Said 11

• Good advice isn't a popularity contest. Sometimes the answer hated by the most people is really the best advice.

• I voted No, because there's already a nasty clique on here that basically tries to turn this website into a high school popularity contest. I also have to agree with what @yaddayaddayadda02 said. Often the truth is politically incorrect, and will hurt people's feelings.

• I vote 'B' cause that's how it's supposed to be :-)

Voting doesn't show reasoning. One can vote and disappear w/o assigning reasons to it, a typical 'democratic' behavior lol.

It's the asker's prerogative to choose the MH whether it's out of logic of getting a correct answer or purely owing to their own emotional decision :-)

• Most helpful is whatever is the best at giving needed help to the Asker. Often that is not what gets the most votes for logical answer, or funniest answer, or best stated answer, etc., which is what usually gets the votes. On the other hand, the Asker often picks the answer that gives hi/her the freedom to act the way they want, rather than responsibly.

• I don't think so. We are not competing to get the most votes. Our goal is to give the best advice, most help to the asker.

• nahhh, its not based on votes.

• No not at all then it becomes a friends thing and unfair voting

• This is not a democracy :p I like your idea though as a backup if the asker doesn't pick a mh answer. It's better than random. @girlsaskguys

• MHO must depend to the asker'schoice and only

• There is NO way to accurate way to judge "most helpful". So leave it as is and just roll with it.

• sometimes jokes get the most up votes. leave to the question asker.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think that would be a good idea at all. Most of the time, the answers that get the most up votes are not the most helpful or genuine responses. It's usually just the "funniest" or most sarcastic answers. The Asker should definitely be the only one who gets to choose which answer was the most helpful for him/her.

• I don't think that. The MHO is for most helpful opinion. It's the most helpful opinion for the ASKER. Not anyone else. That is why the Asker is given the option of choosing. It's not for popularity. If it were that would be a disaster.

• No because then people would have to be all careful about their upvotes and downvotes and that would get annoying.

Plus sometimes shitty advice gets upvotes, the QA should be able to dictate what was the best advice on their own question.

• That could result in sarcastic answers getting mho.

• For real, I know a certain user on here who does nothing but make sarcastic, antagonistic replies, and she'd probably get MHO all the time just because she's hot and all her buddies here upvote her.

• Fair enough, I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I'm going to be keeping an eye out to see if I too can spot them.
      Mostly though, I'm probably too wrapped up in myself to see though.

But anyway, as I was saying. Mho should not be based on upvotes.

• Yeah, I totally agree.

• No. cus alot. of. trolls and people vent on questions so would be unfair to asker especially. if. they was being insulted by a group of. people but if people were giving constructed advive and gave detail. they should get it lol

• Could result in useless but witty answers getting it. It's the asker who asked so the asker gets the final say.

• The most popular opinions are not always the best or most insightful ones. Plus it's your own question and you should decide what you personally find most helpful.

• No. Trend voting would give some really terrible opinions and advice MHO too often.