What is the best new name for "Articles" on GirlsAskGuys?

We need your help finding a new name for articles on GirlsAskGuys. We will soon be opening up them again for you with the purpose of letting everyone share your experiences, insights and opinions for the opposite sex, without having to pose them as questions.

That said, article is not only a bla word but also doesn't accurately reflect that purpose. Below are options we have, which one do you think fits better?

• GaGtalk
  • Insite
  • GaGsight
  • Insight
Thanks everyone for great feedback. We were leaning towards "insite" and you showed clearly that may not be the best option.

@martyfellow "My Take" is a great suggestion, thanks for that, if we end up using it we will send you a special gift :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 24

• I like option D the best :)

• GaGtalk is better than GaGsight, which sounds like... you just saw something and now want to throw up :x

• GaGtalk Insight is a good choice but since not many articles offer you insight - I mean its more of a person giving their perspective on stuff and others commenting I think GaGtalk is a good new name. Because what we are doing - is talking in a way

• "GaGtalk" suggests there will be conversations, but there will be less interaction going on there than on questions.

I think it will have to be "Insight".

• Insight for sure

• GAGtalk is more like Open lines of communication which many people would favor... xx

• What about "P. O. V"? Points of View. Because really that's what they are, various peoples' points of view on various topics, in a longer format. "Insight" is okay but sounds too academic. "Insite" just kind of looks like a typo.

• Like a few people already mentioned, I also think none of the names really apply. The articles are more of a one person's perspective than real insight about anything, and GaGtalk suggests a chat room or something of the sort which is also not what it is.
    Aren't articles here some sort of wikihow or tutorials, or even chronicles where people like to present their point of view?

• oh thank goodness, i thought they'd never be available again lol
    i went with A as well=]

• I went with A... sounds the most inviting/interesting. I would see that and think "Hmmmm lemme see what these gagers are talking about"

• Gagsight seems cool to me. It includes Gag and insight at the same time.

• But if I didn't see "Insight" next to it I wouldn't get what it's trying to tell me.

• My honest answer is that the name should remain as "Articles". :)

• From the options listed, I like 'Insight'

• The first ones are terrible. D. Insights is the best, out of all the "choices".

• Inside filler

• I actually wish we could keep articles instead but oh well. I vote D

• How about GaGdiary?

• What about "Deep Thoughts" or something that hints toward some form or elaborated thinking?

• GaGsight ^^

• GaGtalk sounds good.

• Nothing... just joined

• There was an Articles part on my country's GaG but they closed it. I'm keeping a diary-like thing to write down my thoughts and experiences, but they're mostly about local topics and I accept the fact they're mostly childish. Translating to English sort of make them lost their soul, but I know there are more intelligent people here than my country's site who could understand me. But there are people of a certain race, too. I'm in love with their country, probably more than most of them and I'm afraid of their responses like ''You butthurt wannabe *my race* trying to lick *their race*'s ass!'' My country and theirs are rivals. I have *their race* roots in my mom's side, from her dad, but I'm mostly of the other race. I've started thinking those things WAY before found that I have that blood, and it explained a lot to me. Sorry for overusing that *race* thing, but I don't really feel like saying it. I just hope people will be nice when I post it.

• I voted for D. Insight.

• Insight is the least cheesy of the choices. I like it because it doesn't sound like you're trying really hard to be cool

What Guys Said 27

• GaGsight and GaGtalk sounds like something you have to pay a hooker an extra $1000 to get. I like 'insight'.

• I'm not really a fan of any of these. If I just saw any of those, I would have no idea what it is, whereas articles is pretty self-explanatory. GaGtalk sounds like a chat room or something... Maybe something like "Words of Wisdom" (GaGWoW lol)

• I can't tell you how glad I am to see that you're working on making this available again. Please keep us in the loop.

• I like Gaggle.

One of the dictionary definitions -
    a gabbling or cackling sound

A definition of Gabble (gabbling)
    To utter or talk rapidly.

A definition of cackle (cackling)
    chatter; idle talk

Gaggle is perfect. LOL!

• I think that "GaG Insight" sounds pretty good. Properly spelled, proper syntax, and it makes sense.

• insight because it reminds me of a Joy Division song LOL

• I think B) is misspelled and is thus very corny, I voted D) personally.

• I think Insight is the best option listed, but really I'd just leave it alone and still call it an Article. Or maybe something like "Opinion In-Depth."

• Although it is bland sounding, i also like "Commentary".

• How about GaGInSights..
    The deepest insight's of the opposite sex from GaG community.

• "articles" is the best.

• Frankly, I don't like any of the choices.

And the articles I've looked at are routinely awful, so why not "GaGging" or "Puke"

• I like Insight voted D

• Doubt there's as much sight/insight as "talk" = A

• Sometimes one must think out of the box...
    What about "You shared..." accentuaging that it was written by members for members.
    From the poll, I like C.

• I like D the best, then A.

• Insight seems about right

• All of these names are terrible. Insight is the least terrible.

• I voted insight. But it would have helped to define or explain which each title meant specifically.

• If it's not self-explanatory, how do you expect a novice to figure out that that's what they'd like to be clicking on?

• Yes! Gag talk is winning now yay b4 insight was the time when i voted. Insight kinda sucks compared to gagtalk. Gagtalk sounds much cooler :)

• I voted for GagTalk, but to be brutally honest I think this whole thing is dumb, and that calling them articles was just fine. Pretty much all of those names are bad and confusing in their own way.

• GaGtalk sounds terrible. Why do so many women want that? It makes me think of gagging, as in gross.

• bcs this word is cool

• To be honest I like "Articles" better than any of those options. But out of those I chose A

• How about "useless shit, people probably will read but won't need"

• D. the rest are too corny.

• Uggh. What horrible choices. I wish there was a none-of-the-above. I picked the last one, since it's least-horrible.

• So what would you prefer?

• I'm okay with 'Articles'. 'Opinion' would be... better than the current choices.

'GaGTalk', as stated by the ladies, is probably untrue - less talking (most likely) than with questions.

'LongForm' might be okay, assuming there's a much larger limit (I know I've had to choose what things I get to say in some opinions).

'Insite' makes me wonder if there's something not-on-this-site I should be looking at instead :P

'GaGsight', especially for new users / the-public-at-large would mean gross pix. Also, expand that: "Girls Ask Guys Sight", WTF does that even mean?

'GaGWisdom' might be good.

But, when you run another poll, definitely include none-of-the-above, so we get something that's more popular than 'Articles', instead of something we hate worse than that. I'm all about the popular vote, for something as inconsequential as this :D