Would anonymous users still be posting on the site without being anonymous if they disable anonymous option permanently?

lately most people are answering or posting questions anonymously especially girls and would you just use second username to post discreetly

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I would still have an alias, but with a private profile. I'm not trying to be known here. Just here to type stuff from off the top of my head and if it helps someone. Good. Lol.

• are you paranoid tat someone who knows you would find you on this site?

• Nope. No one i know knows much about this site. I'm just too hideous to be seen in a public forum. Lol. Jk. I just prefer to be anonymous. My words don't need a face.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't really want to use the site any longer, because if something is embarrassing or something I don't want people to know, then I won't ask and I use this site to ask uncomfortable questions sometimes.

• I don't see why it bothers people.

• Yea the anonymous trolls

• Yea a lot of people would leave this site or stop posting if the anon feature was gone

• Anonymity is a wonderful thing.

• not when you use it to post for every answer

• touche.
      However, I don't understand the big deal. Granted, it would be different if I was going to different posts and saying hateful things, while hiding behind the anonymous feature. I'm not.

Some people just feel more comfortable expressing their opinions behind a curtain. I see nothing wrong with that. But, I'm also ok with a work of different view points. :) ha.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, but under fake screen names.

• Why do people have such a problem with anon posters?

• People snoop and try to figure out who you are or things like that. I'd prefer to answer each question on a case by case basis and not give someone the ability to pry.

• Something I don't understand (well I partly do) is the amount of frustration caused by the anonymous option existing and people freaking out about it lol.

Anyway, even without the anonymous option, it's still easy enough to make a bland profile with no identifying traits other than a bland profile name that connects all of that users posts. So I hate to break it to you GAGers that lose sleep over anonymous posting on here, but you're not going to find out who those people are no matter how hard you try lol