Do you think there should be an option to turn off personal messages (PMs)?

Just as we have the option to turn the anonymous feature on and off, I feel there should be an option to turn off/on receiving PMs at our discretion.

Sometimes, its gets too awkward because we won't be always in the mood to interact with strangers, and we keep getting them whether we like it or not.

Of course, we can always ignore those messages, but I find that rude. I would like to have an option to not receive them at all.

What do you think?

• Yes
  • No
Yes, there is a setting which allows you to get PMs from only those whom you follow, but I am talking about making even that optional, like not receive any messages at all when you not in the mood for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like this. I automatically feel obligated to talk to people. I just like answering questions. It's one of the reasons I use anonymous for everything. I honestly didn't join this site to make friends. I just joined to answer questions when I'm bored. I always feel like I should avoid this site if someone messages me.

What Guys Said 6

• I've taken note of this feature request... In the meantime, as other users suggested check "allow msgs only from my following" option please. Thanks

• Yes in one way but i don't have people PM me so if i did, i still wouldn't use it
    but i think it should be allowed to be made a feature cause there is people
    who PM people who are trolls, obnoxious people and I do sympathize with
    others who go through these things. One thing i don't make myself a nuisance
    to any person, how these people can PM others and make nuisance out their
    self really makes me wonder.

• Thanks for sharing ur thoughts :)

• You're welcome:-)
      I really don't message any female , if they want talk i will talk
      i don't like to make myself out to be nuisance i been this way
      all my life but yes GaG needs way to turn off all PM messages

• No because you dont have to read them

• I find it rude not to answer someone once I receive a message :(

• They have no Idea if you even checked it. Its not like they can see if you read it like on e mail some show that

• Isn't that called "private profile"?

Although you can't get followers that way.

• There is an option to where you can only allow your followers send you messages. That's different from a private profile, which still allows all PMs. However, what I'm talking about is something else. I want an option to turn off/on the feature completely at our discretion, coz many times when not in mood for personal interaction, it becomes a bit awkward.

• Well, that's the hardest part for me!

• No, because there already is a way to set your profile so most people can't message you.

• No, that's not true. I get PMs from strangers in spite of my profile being private.

• Yes, that setting is there, but I would like to not receive PMs at all many times.

• Well unless you're also following the person they can't message you. It will at least keep people you don't like out of your inbox.

• I don't mind getting messages from people on here, except for when they respond poorly, as I experienced earlier... it's the spam messages I wish I didn't get. I wish there was a way to turn it off so that I didn't get spam

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know i mean when i dont answer people for awhile, they seem to understand. people dont sit around waiting for me to respond the same time they send it. i usually try to explain what took me so long, but i mean most dont get that butthurt. dont get stressed over it lol, these r people who just want some of ur time to speak with u=] unless theyre creeps of course lmao. those u need to ignore:P

• I know it does look a bit asocial for me to say this, but sometimes I feel like just giving opinions or commenting, and really don't want anyone to invade my personal space.

• oh alright. well i guess u could make an excuse. ur busy, something came up, u can't speak now... or just ignore them idk.

• just make your profile private!

• You can go into settings and make it so only the people you follow can message you.

• Hmm, that sounds interesting.

• They already have a feature like that, where you can have a private profile and only receive messages from people you follow and who also follow you.