Do you think it would be a good idea if GAG made it an option to accept opinions from only one sex if you wanted?

so if your a guy and wanted to ask a question to girls that was ONLY visible to girls and have answers from a girl.. or just a question you want to ask other guys

same if your a girl.. i see a lot of question where people ask "girls only" or "guys only" and people still troll

obviously you would still have the open to everyone option but just as an extra to have a gender "block"

just think it would be nice to have answers from people that you want or maybe something that may seem too embarrassing to let one sex read.. so what do you think? please comment :)

• Yes, I think that's a great idea.
  • Eh, the way it is fine.
  • Either way, doesn't matter to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there should be a girls only section that guus cannot see or post ot read questions and vice versa for the guys. There are subjects women don't want to have men discuss or know their issues

What Guys Said 47

• That kinda filters opinions based on an arbitrary basis such as sex. Even someone who doesn't get periods might have known people who have had periods and could have learned from them what they do in that specific scenario. I think this is a terrible idea, and I'm sad that you didn't add an option that says "THAT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA".

• 3/4 of the time people say they only want girls or only want guys to answer, the other gender is telling them the truth and they don't want to hear it.

• The issue is that I sometimes give better girl advice to girls than girls themselves do.

• No real opinion but I think other people would feel it goes against the concept of the site. Like if you were to block the opposite gender so you could only get your gender to reply it really wouldn't be "girlsaskguys." Also you could just not read the gender's replies if you wanted.

• It doesn't have to be a permante block. just on certain questions you wanted answered

• nooo no no no no nooo noo nuuu nu nu nop no

• The site is about us talking to EACH OTHER. There are plenty of places to go for all-girl answers, way TOO many, imao.

Yes, sometimes I post for guys only to answer, and a bunch of girls blithely ignore that and answer... it does irritate me a tad, but not to the point I'd want to hide my question from ALL girls.

I learn a lot from reading answers to questions addressed to 'girls only' I don't answer them, but I wouldn't want them hidden from me!

I

• How can it be "too embarrassing to let one sex read" when you have idiots allowed to post as anonymous? look at this question. There is zero reason to have to post it as anonymous yet you still do. You don't have the guts to post as yourself on a question that is as neutral as it gets. So no, this is a site made to get the input of both sex's. You have the option of ignoring the ones you don't want. Nobody makes you read them. But someone else might like the question and want to hear what both have to say.
    If they were going to do anything to make this site better it would be to ban the ability to post as anonymous. But then 99% would stop posting because they are afraid to post as a made up pseudonym.

• The name of this site is "Girls ask guys" meaning that people want to know what the other gender has to say about the problem.
    Excluding one gender would only work if same gender answers were not shown or accepted. Otherwise it would turn the site into a girls club and a guys club without EXCHANGE of opinions, advises.

Let it continue the way it is.

• I answer this in the hopes to be understood. We ask questions with no answers and hope that someone whether man or woman has a legitimate answer. we often for get that by seeing things from a different perspective or threw different eyes we can understand things differently and in doing so we can learn from one another. there are questions that can more familiarly be answered by the same sex or gender but those same questions oddly enough may have more practical answers or different perspective answers from the opposite gender. What your question imply's is that we divide and separate not to unite and communicate which is almost the exact contradiction to this sights founding. I my self have answered many questions that people may feel that just me being a man have no place to answer yet it appears that when people seem to read my answers weather male or female for the most part they are satisfied or content. Even if i am not the most valued opinion often i still get private messages for advice from both genders so from whom i have already answered there question. Witch tells me that even as a man my perspective is valued even by women. I came to this sight in the hopes to assist as many as i can and i feel that for those like me who want simply to understand people and assist them with any and all questions from all topics to segregate the sight would actually damage the unity or community of GaG and in my opinion create a type of conflict between sexes. I have understood one concept in its entirety from being on this sight and that is that we all have a responsibility just as humans to help and guide each other and lift each other threw the proverbial dankness that is the unknown of the questions we have for each other, ourselves, and the world. To not hold firm as a community even threw those questions and issues and the worry's means that we as people have failed to do the one simple thing we are always meant to do as humans,

• And that is simply to unite together when strife and hardship comes. So i say to separate the masses by dividing the genders is not only wrong to do, but would also be lessening not only the ability to come together as a community, but also to understand ourselves, each other, and the world it self. Weather as different genders or as people in general may we look past the differences and be free to ask the questions we choose to too all on GAG so we may discover the answers to the questions that linger in our minds and in our hearts. I hope my words can bring insight and perspective on the very controversial issue at hand, and also that my words can be understood by all who read them and can be taken in to perspective by those who chose to decide on the potential future of our community. I wish in either case luck and happiness to the lives of all here. Thank you for reading my opinion

• If you're embarrassed, you can always hit the anonymous button. Sometimes people of the opposite sex can give you very helpful information that you wouldn't expect- many of us are married or in long term relationships and have amassed considerable knowledge of the opposite sex.

Plus, it's important for people of the opposite sex to have awareness of those types of questions you'd normally keep private.

• ya of course but sometimes people want answers from a particular sex... i just thought i would be more convenient

• If you want answers from just one sex there is absolutely nothing stopping you from skipping answers from the "not wanted" sex and reading only those that you want.

• No, that's stupid, just dont read them if you dont want.

• I don't like that idea.

There have been times when I've seen questions directed only toward one gender, but somebody of the opposite gender comes along and provides an amazingly good answer or opinion. And sometimes it's a more helpful answer than targeted gender provided.

For example, there was a question here a while back where a guy asked for male advice on how to best shave his balls without hurting himself, and the best and most helpful answer was provided by a female. This girl gave the most thorough and detailed answer on how to shave your balls than any of the guys did. Apparently she knew how to do it the right way because she had experience shaving her boyfriend's.

So yeah, I don't think we should allow gender discrimination for answering questions.

• I don't think that's a great idea, not only is the anon option there for embarrassing questions, but sexist people (male or female) could use it to limit who could respond. And, finally, it's the internet; males can make female accounts and females can make male accounts if they really want to 'troll'. You wouldn't even know it either.

• Yes because in some questions people of the other gender can't have an opinion. I'm talking about questions which are about sexuality or other gender's body or sexual organs

• Nah, that would defeat the purpose of the site.

• The problem with that is. I wouldn't be able to read all the butt hurt guys writing about how women don't date "nice guys"
    And at times I enjoy giving them the figurative head slap they need. :-p

• I think it would be really cool, its one thing iv occasionally wished was an option.

But because of its restrictive nature, I doubt GAG will make it a reality.

• in my opinion this site has a really nice community... very few trolls and a lot of helpful people... their generally good at staying gender specific with gender specific questions... you sometimes get 1 or 2 answers from the wrong sex but i haven't seen many trolls to such comments... i think the way it is is fine but if you added gender specifications it wouldn't change much...

• The site already divides opinions by sex, so the person can look only at the sex they want to hear from. I don't think it's necessary.

Plenty of times I see questions phrased in a way that chooses only one sex when it could choose both, and the answers that the not-included sex gives anyway are still pretty good.

• People have asked this before. I don't think it would be.

• a gender block? but then we of the same gender couldn't shoot them down for just how silly/dumb their questions are sometimes xD

• If you only want to see one sex then just view opinions from the one sex. They do separate the two.

• Although I feel like I have asked only one sex to answer, intentionally redtricting perspective is not in anyone's best interest. And sometimes the best opinions come from a surprising source.

• SUPER IDEA
    = you'll never be on their advisory board, sorry

• I like the current constraint. I think this site does a good job of encouraging different genders to talk.

• No, I think we should always have both contributions. As it is now and no changes.

• It might be. But You are gonna miss out a lot of interesting opinions from the gender you do not want answers from. There is always someone who can surprise you.

• no it'd be racistic in my opinion

• I don't really care.

I mean, at the bottom you can just click on an icon of a desired gender and read their comments only and ignore the rest.

• Just ignore the questions from the gender you don't want

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 31

• If you dont want to read one sex's answers then skip them and only read the ones that you do want to read. You might not want to have a certain sex respond but your question could be helpful to others if they wish to see the other sex respond. Just because you ask a question does not mean that you are the only one benefitting from it.

Having it the way that it is also reduces the amount of questions about the same thing. for example say you ask the question "What is the average penis size?" and you only want to hear from girls.
    well another person may want to hear from guys and girls so they are going to ask the question too and then there will be 2 "What is the average penis size?" questions and then sinse the second person included guys and girls then your question would be a total waste becasue the second person ended up including guys which is what you didn't want and also you could still just only read the girls answers.

• Nah, that would be pointless. If you want to focus on only one gender's answers, then simply refrain from reading the other gender's answers. It's as simple as that. Making an entire feature of it would be a waste of time. Besides, I like the fact that the site has almost no restrictions at all when it comes to answering questions. It makes interacting with other users a lot easier.

• Also, as other people have mentioned, you'd be surprised at how many people are actually capable of giving interesting and important answers on various different questions, even if the question is not directed at them specifically. Excluding them simply because they *might* not have the answer you want to hear is pretty judgmental, actually.

• I like the way it is and I don't mind it at all. I don't think we need more restrictions in regards to it. People should be free to share their point of view, no matter their gender. You always have the option to ignore a certain opinion if you want.

• easier if you just dont look at the sex color you dont want to see. even if its bc the question is embarrassing. you'll never see them. they dk you. so it doesn't matter if they see long as you dk.

one place where what I don't know can't hurt me. or if i can't see you you can't see me-basically.

also often someone of the non preferred sex is going to give a better response than the targeted sex.

there's more differences between people of the same sex than between that of persons of different sex, so its kind of pointless as far as getting realistic views from 'people'.

• Absolutely not.
    Occasionally I answer questions, and I have seen others, answer on behalf of the other gender through experience from siblings or other halves.
    I respect the while guys or girls only and I will only answer if I have an answer from an outside source usually.
    I understand your point but no, having that rule will get rid of those

• I voted B; I have more than a few MH awards from on questions where it was specified that only men/guys should answer. Sometimes, you just need an answer you can relate to, or worded in a way you can understand, so the gender of the opinion owner won't matter in those cases.

• I think people can ignore opinions if they want, doing this would defeat the whole purpose of what to site is supposed to be.

• No. It wouldn't be nice. You can address a gender and be like "guys preferably" or "girls in particular please answer this", but you don't know how the lives and experiences of both genders can contribute to what you're asking. If you address guys or girls "only", you may be looking at a biased opinion and maybe 8/10 answers will side with your point, but maybe the other gender has your theory broken because they've seen and felt otherwise.

I myself have addressed a gender in particular, but never have I wanted to ignore a gender's opinion. It would be a bit close minded and in the end you're trying to get an honest opinion of strangers about something you're uncertain about. Read everything, take everyone into consideration and who knows, the answer may hit you from either gender.

• Say you ask a question, of guys only.

But me, sitting here behind my screen, has been in that exact situation before, and can tell you how it played out for me.

How would that not be helpful?

• i think its pointless because if you make a "Girls Only" or "Guys only" question they often respect it and don't post and just watch, which is perfectly fine

also if that system was implemented it wouldn't be "Girls ask Guys" then now would it? this site is about sharing opinions with both genders, it is not meant to be a stereotypical feminist site that shuts the rest of the world out when its convenient for them, if you feel that gag needs to divide the community by gender then you don't belong to gag, that is my most honest opinion.

as for me i voted B, GirlsaskGuys is perfectly fine as it is now and doesn't
    need to be changed, i applaud to the administrator's for keeping it this way.

• Please please please do this!!!

• I think it's an absolutely terrible idea.

It hinders free speech and promotes circle jerks. People should be allowed to say what they believe and not be discredited based on gender.

What you're promoting is a divide between the genders.

• No. Best idea is to eliminate the anons.
    :)

• its fine the way it is

• No because I would want an answer from a guy but in reality I'll get the perfect answer from another girl that was in the same situation

• no. what does giving opinions has to do with gender? the only difference is different experiences which in that case a woman can have useful information too in topics that men are usually experienced in or even when it is a question about men's sexuality that they can answer more correctly. the ones who say 'only girls' or 'only guys' should not say it. trolls are trolls, they will troll either way. but I said, even in a topic that the opinion and experience of a man is needed a woman may have an experience and something helpful to say.

there is no need to limit it.

• It would be cool but I probably wouldn't use it. You could simply ignore that genders responses. Usually most responses are helpful to me. Speaking of helpful, I'd appreciate if you could answer my 2 most recent questions, I haven't gotten much feedback.

• Nope I like it as is!

• No! I love the guys!!

• I think everyone should have a right to answer any question they want to. Otherwise, people might feel left out.

• How would they feel left out if they won't be able to see the question.. this isn't a Permanente thing it's only of you ask a question and only want answers from a certain sex. could be from your own or the opposite sex..

• Dividing people based on gender (as if the blue and pink are not enough lol) is not a good idea.

• I would never use it, cos I value female and male advice, if I was wanting a girls advice, a guy may be able to relate to my question because he has a gf / wife /sister in similar situation. Therefore able to give me some great advice about my issue.

• Exactly right. I have often seen men answer questions from women and be way more correct than the answers from women, and often the Asker even acknowledges that. And often it works the other way, too (women answering men's questions).

• @red_arrow i totally agree. I enjoy reading a mans point of view on things. Sometimes i find a man seems to understand my situation better than some women do, and I have taken their advice on-board.

• And many (most?) of the men here have a better idea about the appearance of the female genitalia simply because they have been up close and very personal with some (or many) of them, while so many (most) of the women have not even really gotten a good look at their own, let alone another woman's

• Uh, no. It's just fine like that.

• Trolling is normal on internet.
    I wouldn't want that option

• I think it's an awesome idea!! There are so many Q's on here all the time that start with "For guys..", and "For girls", both there's always mixed results, so I think having the option to refine the results would be great!

• It's kinda a good idea but sometimes the same geneder gives better advice

• Or to exclude the young age brackets from seeing certain questions.

• I'd imagine the ranting would be strong in those.

• This won't work anyway. What if a transgender individual answers your question. Remember, the equipment may be changed, but the brain is still the same. Here is the solution: Only read the opinoins from the gender you'd like to read them from. EASY!!! And, didn't mean to offend anyone. You are all people regardless of your gender or choice to change your gender :)

• Yeah, but then some people would abuse it.
    It does annoy me when a girl asks a question like "why is my period doing this" and some guy goes "your ovaries release one egg a month, none as ovulation..." NAW DIP SHERLOCK. Wasn't the damn question. Or a girl asks a question about bra sizing and some guy is spouting off about how a 38 band size means the chick has big boobs. Just stfu about shit you don't know.
    Girls do it too... I guess... haven't seen it...

• You can specify that in your question
    I always find that men can have great advice when it comes to girls question and girls do when it comes to questions that are aimed at men.

• More from Girls
    1