What is trolling? I have no clue?

I'm seeing that word a lot recently, what does it mean?

0|0
2|9

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to the Internet. It means you say something to get a reaction out of someone. Usually you'll say something that's extremely offensive or annoying in hopes that people will become angry at you then you can follow it it up with a "umad?" Which just pisses them off even more.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • google is your friend.. make a search LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • It's when you hide under a bridge and prey on small children

0|1
    0|0
    • Aye okay😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Trolling is fart, fart is trolling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trolling is posting stuff on the Internet to get an emotional reaction out of people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Darude Sandstorm

0|1
    0|0
  • Like if you knew what trolling was you would have trolled everyone ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • trolling is people making up questions that offer no value/ people who spam/
    make up questions that are not appropriate for the GaG community

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• When someone is trolling, they're basically saying something controversial/offensive just because they know it'll rile people up. They say these things because they want attention, and usually they get it too. This is why some people might say "don't feed the troll". They basically don't want you to respond to whatever the troll has said, because if you do, the troll will keep trolling. But if you don't pay any attention to the troll, they will most likely stop, since they're not getting any satisfaction out of it (i. e. their attempts at fooling others have failed).

0|0
    1|0
  • Saying mean and offensive comments to other people for no real reason. Like saying fat bitch. Some trolling can go even further like saying go and die. An now new laws are in to jail online trolls

0|0
    0|0
    • Hm. I'd say your example sound more like cyberbullying than anything. Trolls usually at least try to be a bit more clever than simply throwing around insults. They're a bit more passive aggressive than that.

• In your opinion. Bullying is a lot different. Trolling is usually a one off thing with few people. Bullying is consistent abuse to someone.

• slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal.