Don't you just hate ambiguous question titles?

Don't you just hate it, when you log in and the feed is filled with questions titled:

"Need urgent help. Please read below?"
"Not sure what to do, any advice plz?"
"Guy and girls, can you answer this?"
"Girls/guys only. What do you think about this?"

Honestly, I never ever click on those type of questions, because they don't sound like something I want to read. I like to have a preview of what is in the body, so I can decide whether I'm interested in the topic enough to read the whole thing.

Of course, people are free to title their questions as they please, but I think they're shooting themselves in the foot by not providing any sort of synopsis in their question title.

I'm sure there are more people like me, who are selective in what they read and answer. I'm also a lazy fucker and don't want to read a body of teenage drama only to find out it's a dime a dozen story that has been answered a billion times before here.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's nice when a question title is clear but I wouldn't say I hate it when it's not. I'll still click on them (well tap since I'm on my phone) but if the question itself is unclear, that's what pisses me off.

You know when it's just one big incoherent rambling of text or when they don't give enough pertinent details or if the answer they are looking for is something that I couldn't possibly know without being a mindreader. I've learned my lesson though, if i tap on a question and it's a huge text wall, I'll read maybe the first paragraph (just to give it a chance) but if it's not interesting or well put together, I'll just go back to the live feed.

• I tend to skip through text walls as a rule of thumb, unless the title suggests something that may warrant a shitstorm i. e. controversial topic that hasn't been discussed yet, in which case I'll stuck around and read me some comments.

• Shitstorms can be very entertaining. I don't like being apart of them but I do enjoy admiring them from a safe distance.

• Thanks for MH.

Also I couldn't help but notice moonmice's opinion: (I read my posts like three times before I click "send it!". )

Lol, clearly not, since he accidentally responded to someone with the sandplanet account when they were actually adressing the moonmice account.

What Guys Said 11

• I got to agree. Usually it's a wall of text followed by a question only halfway related to the wall of text. Something like 1000letters about how wonderfull their boyfriend is, then a short paragraph about how she cheated on him, followed by asking if she should tell him or if it was bad...
    Sometimes i read it for shits and giggles, but i don't really reply to them.

• Pffft, I love those, though.

I love my boyfriend very much blah blah blah eternal love never hurt him bullshit, oh by the way I fucked 3 guys sideways while jerking off another 2.

Those are my favourite.

• "he was paying for everything"

Hmm, I wonder why he broke up with her, LOL.

• Yup. I'm among those believing that unless she's unable to, they should buth share the finfancial burden of dating. And do you like that 300usd jeans? How nice, but you're paying yourself.
      Noce way to get rid of gold diggers too XD

• I only click them if I know the person and would like to help if I can.
    But especially those many many lines of text that often follow are a turn-off. And even more if the entire story is in one monster paragraph.
    Some crearive souls even manage to get the entire paragraph to feature... 1 sentence. HEEEEELP!

• Well, questions posted by people are like are never ambiguous. And they're worded properly. I guess it's the teen influx GaG experiences every now and then, lol.

• Heh, thanks.

It serves a good purpose. If I'm being brash with someone, it throws them off, huehuehue.

• Haha, that's true. It also has the "don't play silly games with me buddy" message in it.
      Oh, I won't ever be playing silly games with you, promised. I have nose for fair people and I'm doing my best to also be a fair person :-)

• Lol, I'm finding out that a lot of the questions on here are "Does he like me?" "Does she like me?"

Those are more annoying than ambiguous titles to me, cause we're not freaking mind readers. Jesus. General behavior is okay, but specific instances are impossible to tell.

• I find that the "Does he like me?" me questions are often overblown exaggerated things op sees.
      Oh, he looked at me I'm some way, he smiled at me, he asked me how my day was and other generic friendly behaviour.

• Right, which someone who likes you would do... but someone who doesn't like you might just as easily do.

• Exactly. Someone smiling at you =/= in love with you, lol.

• I sometimes look at it and probably not answer it, lol. It depends on the question, but I admit it is better if I know sooner than later that it is about beastiality.

• If I find a question boring, I don't answer it. The title bores me, so I don't even click on those. And yes, I'd very much like to be aware what smut I'm stepping into, lol.

• Yep, they are just looking for the most anwers, and if people click on the question, and the page is open, you almost have to read the question and then you might as well answer. Its just fishing. But yes I hate that

• Don't you hate it when people answer a question with a question? And everything ends in a question mark? So you can't tell who's serious and who's perplexed? Y'know?

• sometimes i'm bored of it to be honest LOL

• Agreed. These kinds of titles don't give you even the sligthest hint of what the question might be about and they don't even get you curious enough to find out.

Most people in general don't put any effort in their questions. Just like they don't care to at least give them one single proof-reading before posting them. I read my posts like three times before I click "send it!". That's also why it pisses me off so much when I eventually realize I still have overlooked a mistake or two. Haha.

• I try to make my questions interesting or at least give an idea of what's going on in it. Most of the time these lazy questions are boring as fuck, so it was a good call to ignore them anyway. :P

• This is a tame version, lol. GaG's rules don't allow for actual heated debates, I've had loads of my comments removed on here. No warnings or bans, though. Somebody must like me, pffft.

• Well, I can't blame them. :P

• I very rarely click on those. It's mostly just teenage gibberish. I greatly dislike reading a question only to find it wasted my time. So yes, I agree a brief description in the title question goes a long ways.

• Exactly. Or sometimes it's a hidden "rate me" question that I just ignore altogether, but I wouldn't know it was one, unless I clicked it.

The only time I click on an ambiguously titled question is if I see the same question getting lots of responses i. e. popping up often in the feed. That's when you know a shitstorm is happening, lol.

• That last bit describes how I feel about a lot of the "under 18" questions.

• I agree, but you can't blame them for being young and ignorant. Actually, no - we can, because modern teens have more access to free information at the touch of a button than any generation throughout history. The fact that they're too stupid to google is their own fault, lol.

• Exactly Haha, what a bunch of morons.

• I never actually see those. I think the closest to what I see that you're talking about here are the ones that say "This title is supposed to draw you into my wall of text below. So really, just skip over this question"

Those are the only ones I see :D

• I think one of those is currently featured. I never clicked on it, though. :D

• To which my mental answer is "Explain why WHO did WHAT, hmm?"

What Girls Said 3

• I also rarely read those questions. But sometimes when asking a question I would imagine it's hard to make up a title that sums up the basics of your question, if the situation is complicated

• Yeh I agree with you totally, you've got to have a catchy title to draw people in, it's the first thing I think of when writing a question.

• Yupp. It makes it harder for me to avoid them.