GAG Mods why is there an Anonymous option for making Questions/Opinions? Should GAG get rid of this option?

What is the point of someone posting anonymously when all they do is troll? I'm sick and tired of anonymous questions that are like, "so this guy shot me with a gun. Does he like me or something?" Or when guys ask, "I walked by this girl today on the street. Does she want the D?"

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• The Mods have no control over this feature - this is a question for the Admins.

To answer, everyone has the right to post anonymously if that's what they feel comfortable doing. Unfortunately this does include trolls, but it also includes people who are genuinely seeking help and feel better knowing they're anonymous.

Some may argue that you're already anonymous enough as it is, but meh. I think some people just may not want certain posts associated with their account. Or they're just paranoid. I dunno, I think it's fine, if that's what they want to do. It's just the Internet.

Anyways, you can always disable anonymous Opinions when you post a question... so there's that.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so. I consider the anonymous feature quite important. I wouldn't use the site THAT much if I didn't have the option of being anonymous. And I know that a lot of people agree with me.
    HOWEVER, I think users should have the option to block the anonymous user whenever anon people are abusing the anonymous feature by being disrespectful to other people.

• What they should do is put a limit on the amount of anon post in a day.

• I like it. Mostly because I don't really like my username (I signed up for GaG a long time ago though and have too many Xper points to look back now)

What Guys Said 7

• I like the anonymous feature because it makes it more comfortable to ask questions or give answers that might be embarrassing or kind of personal. If it were not for this feature then we would not have a good or high amount of questions and answers here. If you are bothered by weird questions like you mentioned then just skip to the next one. It just takes one click. No one forces you to answer it or even read the description.

• Down to embarrassment, they don't want anyone to find out... especially if it's in any way personal, sexual or medical.

• nah too many people like the anon feature.

• Just because some trolls use the feature doesn't mean that all of the people who do use the feature the proper way should suffer as a result.

• What is the point of it? No one on this website knows my personal information so everyone here is anonymous unless they put their information up.

• Some things may give a person away. They may not want to share things with other people on the site directly. The point is people DO use it the way it was meant to be used. You can ignore trolls rather than feed them.

• Don't get rid of it cause some people are truly embarassed about some questions they ask. I say they should limit the usage though.

• I thought like you. But it is good to offer the anon option for people that are shy and embarrassed. You just got to take the good with the bad.

• Well maybe you don't read all anon answers as that is the only way I answer. I see other anon answers that do not troll and I see non anon answers/questions that don't troll. I also see non anon troll all the time. You seem a bit too sensitive.

• "No one on this website knows my personal information so everyone here is anonymous unless they put their information up." So if Gag changes to what you want profile pics would not be a good idea nor would personal questions and answers. I don't want people knowing anything about me online and I won't put fake profiles up nor will I fake answers and put up fake questions.