Why do people think it's ok to send pervert messages on this site?

I don't understand why people think it's ok to send pervert messages to people on this site. I even specifically write on my profile that if someone wants to message me that they should keep it in their pants. Why is it so easy to ignore people's respect for respect?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately it's something that a small percentages of people here would do. I'd say: report them for PM'ing. You won't see it from me, promised.
    I've also been lucky enough to remain more or less outside the line of fire as far as offensive and pervert communications were concerned. The only ennoying PM's I get are from people that use this site for dating purposes. Always report them immediately.

• Thanks for the most helpful :-)
      Hope you won't get too many of them... from time to time it will happen though, unfortunately...

• That's true. Thanks for your thoughtful response.

• The war on "terror" on GAG :-)
      Let's win it all together!

What Guys Said 15

• Typically people who send them don't read the profiles anyway. This happens in online dating a lot too and sites do whatever they can to block it. Like pof. com even tries to put in filters where anything sexual in the first message gets them flagged. You can block them or even set your profile to private.

• Because most guys on here are hoping to see you girls post something they can get off on. The vast majority of guys on here aren't here to help girls out with genuine incites into men's minds. So be suspicious of every comment on here, and follow us guys who aren't perverts.

• The average age here is maybe 16... what do you expect? Look at those messages as part of the learning experience here!

We guys also get a FEW such messages, btw...

• I know you do that's why I didn't specify gender in my question.

• Idiots are everywhere but cowardly idiots think they can get away with it on the internet. But this not true and soon someone marks their card.

• I know how you feel, I randomly got a message from some girl I don't know at all who gave me her email and wanted me to contact her 'in private'. Creepy.

• Exactly it's weird. I'm on her to give and get advice not hook up with some stranger in a country far far away.

• who said it's ok basically? LOL

• I'm sure they didn't even read your profile LOL. It's because it's a low effort/high payoff endeavor

• it is really never okay to send perverted messages... the best thing to do is just ignore them all and directly block them

• I don't think that it's only on this site. It happens everywhere

• Boredom and just want to see how the person reacts to the message

• You have a cute cat ;) lol

• It's a free site, you get what yo pay for

• Man there's so many thirsty lame guys that just love overrating the females on here.. lol

• well you need start keeping the perverted messages and file complaint
    with the GaG Administrator / report them / block them it think it's ridiculous
    how many girls are going through hell on this website cause of perverts
    i think something needs to be done and you girls need to start standing
    up for your rights and take action against the perpetrator...

• If you tell someone not to do something, as a general rule they're going to do it...

• I added that aspect after months of being bombarded by messages that were inappropriate.

• strong rapist mentality, anon.

• lol, I don't even send messages like that, but you're definitely an attention whore.

What Girls Said 16

• Because they don't care. They're likely just desperate people who have nothing better to do than troll and send dirty unwanted pics to random people online. That's why I now have activated the setting to allow messages only from users I'm following.

• Thank you, kittykatg, for posing this Important "Perve" Message here. Lately, I have been getting more and more guys like this who come to my inbox and suggest sex and want to show me their Thing for a Fling... I block Instantly.
    It gets old and tiresome and many of us decent girls don't find it amusing nor very nice. I am strictly here to answer people's problems, make a few friends and as far as my 'Inbox' goes, tis for "Your problems Only."
    Thank you again, kk.
    Good luck. xx

• Well I think you mean "perverted" messages, not "pervert"

But, when you get those messages, HAVE SOME FUN. I always say you should get laugh out of the situation, say something crazy like "have you ever been tied up naked to a tree? I have... that was a weird night" just something weird that makes YOU laugh

• some people think of gag as a free online dating site for them, the profile system was downgraded to make it more difficult for people to harass gag'ers but its only partially effective

• I don't understand it either, but it's the internet and that's just how it is. It's mostly Turks and Indian guys, and unfortunately it happens so often that now whenever I receive a message from a Turk or Indian guy I just block them.

I have tried to answer politely back or ignore but they are very persistent. It's easier to block.

• just block em :3
    personal space can be a non existing thing when it comes to the internet lol

i DID see however some profiles where you couldnt message the person unless they followed you, I don't know how to do it though

• You just set your profile to private.

• yes mine is private but anyone can message me lol
      you just can't see info about me

• Because they are horny and they can't think.
    Mostly because it's not face-to-face interaction.
    They feel more free to do what they want since they don't really get in trouble
    Or even see you in person

• There are a lot of horny guys who don't read much of anything. I am amazed by their optimism though. Like, how do they even get the confidence to text random girls and think they have a chance! Hats off to them lol.

• LOLZ! Horny bastards*

• @Red_Arrow That's the height of optimism lol, but then u find such cheats even in real life.. I wish GaG really brings in an option to turn of PMs completely (I even asked a question on this).

• I do not agree with the idea of doing away with PM altogether. There are often people who have good conversations on here that would like to go deeper into a subject but more privately. Also, there are people who enjoy just talking with each other. It would be nice if there was an option to allow only certain people to message you initially. Now it requires changing your privacy status to allow someone to follow, then changing it back.

• Ikr, I usually don't message them back but you can set it for only people who you follow to message you only.

• Writing a statement like that, is like waving a red flag to a bull. If a perv thinks it bothers you, he will go out of his way to annoy you all the more. Just ignore them and block them.

• They wanted to try their l6ck
    Pervs dont have normal mentality

• Same here. It's the destiny of sites like this lol.

• Turn your profile to private one.

• But this is allowing them to win if you change your behaviour.

• Because some people are just creepy, weirdos. There's nothing you can do.

• I understand how you feel @kittykatg

• Is that you in your avatar?

• That makes sense... I reckon you would still look older than 17 knowing you are tall. Even though you said that your makeup is what made you look so much older than you actually are, I doubt it made *that* much of a difference because you I can see a lot of natural features which accumulated your face so well. :D I am actually curious so see how you actually look like without makeup on. XD You like you are a model! O_O

Btw, I saw you reply to a my comment on the live feed as you didn't mention my name so sorry for the late reply if you were waiting for one. :(

• No! No! its fine and yes i am a model at least i used to be one for a company in Brasil for Victoria's Secret and this is embarrasing cuz i know Victoria's Secret Models only wear panties and bras and yes this was very uncomfortable for me but i got used to it after a few months and the people were very nice. I was a model for about 1 1/2 years so yeah... Well this is awkward! :)

• because they are perverts