What is the use of followers and following on GAG?

Does this feature have any use?

Most Helpful Guy

• Followers are like a virtual army, that's the way I see it. I will call upon them during battle if I need to. They know that commander DooMguy is in control. They'll charge into battle smashing keys with caps lock on.

Although my army is small I believe in quality over quantity. Each one of my followers is highly trained, deadly and able to finish a debate in seconds

member = infantry

mods= artillery
    super mod = armoured car/jeep
    ubermod = LAV

Admin = MBT

Also the xper ranks are: 1 (conscript) , 2 (private) , 3 (lance corporal) ,4 (corporal) , 5 (sergeant) ect. . .

• @itsme_goodsamaritan I'm glad you like the code names, DooMguy has always got good ideas. I don't think outside the box. . . I think outside the triangle

What Girls Said 8

• it used to be called friends last year. i hate the word 'followers'

I don't know bout a legit use, but i usually just follow someone if i think theyre cool. also, if they've followed me, i like to return the love... sometimes. not gonna explain anything further here tho lol

• there's really no point honestly

• You dont even know anyone is following you until you click on following.

• It's like a way to stalk someone

• Its like following people you like - or keeping track of things -its like a friend feature - in the new update they changed the name to followers

• I have no idea. I don't follow anyone. And I was anonymous in like 95% posts until a while ago.. So yea.

• If someone follows you, you get 1 Xper point for that.

• Apart from that, if you are following someone, you can see their profile even if it is a private one for others.

• Well its kinda like friends that you follow on GaG , so you see the questions they answer and ask :)

• It used to be friends. They changed it to followers. I don't know for what reasons besides to seem trendy.

What Guys Said 6

• Our FAQ is full of information like this. :) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

Followers are site members who seem to have liked your advice and decided to follow you, so that next time when you post a question, an opinion, or a comment, they can get notified on LIVE FEED. They are your fans! You do get 1 Xper point every time you gain a Follower as well.

If you are uneasy about someone following your activities, no worries; you can block them.

To Follow someone else:
    You can go to the member’s profile and click "Follow".
    If, at any point, you would like to stop following someone, simply click Unfollow from their profile page or your Following list.
    You can also hover your mouse over their username on questions/opinions and click the plus sign to Follow them.
    When you Follow someone, you'll see their posts when filtering LIVE FEED by Users I Follow, and you'll see their opinions on top in questions.

• it's mainly so you're able to filter for only questions asked by the ones you're following. In case you want to look at what your friends need help with.

The "follower" count is mainly for stat---padding though XD

• You can filter to only show answers and question of people you follow.

• *questions

• ohh ok. i dont wanna do that anyway. thanks for letting me know

• @JustBanANNAz You're welcome :)

• Potential future investors in my multiple technology/creative start-ups over the years.

• I'm not sure it does anything lol

• Honestly, I don't know I don't follow anybody and nobody follows me.