Hey G@Gers, what's up with this "User Name" profile pics?

I've seen so many users have put this type of pics as their dp recently.
Don't know whether any special reason is behind that? lol
thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• just trying to prove i'm not an 85 year old pedo-man.

• Wow well i just had a read and thats just despicable... Some people r so messed. Iv proven this is me on a number of questions asking to write, take selfies, share pics of our younger self, so i think im sweet lol

• To verify that we ain't fake people.. That's all.. You missed out on a lot of mumbo jumbo crap in here lol

• lol that's why I asked the question :P

• I did some digging and I think we're all have been pretty much mind f@#%ed until now on here.
      Thanks @commiedearest for revealing the truth in front of us.

• I had help but you're welcome.

• Catfishing drama, that is all.

• I have no idea...

• It's really easy to fake it with photoshop. You can take someone else's profile pic and just erase the name and add yours.

• I put it up coz I'm not a catfish! I'm officially an esteemed verified member of GaG! *proud look*

• you missed the fireworks :D

• Tryin' not to be main suspects for a catfishin' show.

• Yea, It's the catfish thing.

• I see this too and think it started with the Catfish con deal the other day:(

What Guys Said 7

• A challenge brought about since the great Catfishing scheme of 2014 was discovered Friday night. A push to prove to each other that you're "real"

• The main central clique of GaG included a fake user who liked to talk about incest a lot. Basically all the most popular users here (except for me) were buddies with this person, so when they found out she was catfishing them, they all got paranoid, and decided they better do sign pics to prove they aren't fake. It's pretty hilarious, I think.

• They sound like people who take the Internet way too seriously.

• So proving that you're actually who you say you are is "taking the internet way too seriously"? Ok then...

• @lumos Why so cereal?

• To prove that they're really the person behind their screen name.
    I have not yet taken a pic with my username because I'm too lazy, and a catfish.

• yeah i wonder about it too... girls mostly did that.

• well after reading the responses it looks like the pictures are a response to a catfish. I'm here to tell you that a cat and a fish are different things, just in case you didn't know that.

First of all a cat has four legs and sometimes they eat fish, they spend most of their time walking on solid ground. But a fish? They like water. . . and they swim in water that's a completely different scenario.

I'm just trying to prove that cats and fish are different. . .

• You deserve a Nobel prize for your intelligence, no shit bro.

• Thank you, thank you

*bows and waves to the crowd*

^ That's to all of my fans on GAG

I'll gladly accept that award

• It seems like a form of attention seeking to me.

Look at me, look at me...

• To prove who they say they are, it's all due to a certain user.