Should GAG remove "comment is too short" and "question is too short"?

I don't see the point. If you can get the point across in a few words, why bother?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• Comment-yes
    Question-no

Short questions really will just leave everyone asking for details. Which is annoying.

• Comments definitely. I think questions too though. If someone is dumb enough to ask a question without enough detail, they won't receive good answers (and will hopefully learn from the error). But some questions don't require much detail at all, so I think the freedom should be left in the hands of the asker.

• Yeah it is sooooooooooooo frustrating especially the comment bit and another annoying thing is when you've typed a full comment like 7 or 8 lines and suddenly its gone and you have to retype what you wrote

• Let's see a moderator come with some excuse why it's nevessary lol

• I agree. I think it's stupid to have to add things when sometimes a simple yes or no is needed.

• Yes. filler

Huh, that's ironic XD

• Oh my gosh yess!!

• lol FILLER

• It can get annoying but it is better when your answers are longer because if u just say yes or no do u think a person wld really be helped.. i think longer answers provide more detail and will help a person more

• Yesssss, it's SO annoying.

• well its actually there to prevent spam

so yes its frustrating, but better than spam lol
    whats REALLY stupid is comments disappearing when you're typing -_-

• Yes and no.
    Yes because sometimes the comments end up being short at some point and no because some people will answer and not be very helpful.

• yes!

(option is either too long or too short.)

• Yes! oh $hit filler! hahahaha lmao

• no, because i think if its a yes or no question then it should just be a poll...

if you're going to comment there ought to be some detail

What Guys Said 12

• I hate it too. But I'd suspect it's something to do with the Amazon points, so people can't just type one letter and get credit for it. I'm sure GAG doesn't have the manpower required to comb through everything and monitor it, so just disallowing short answers is the more efficient option. Plus I think they're trying to encourage legit advice to be given, not just one word answers.

• Yeah, this will occasionally annoy me. When I simply want to write a "yes" or "no" answer, GAG will not allow it. Doesn't make sense to me

• yeah i agree... sometimes it's annoying LOL

• I agree.

(filler)

• Yes because some questions just required a omfg answer lol

• I agree.

Sometimes a simple "yeap" is more than enough.
    Plus, sometimes a question is quite short and to the point, so the title already holds enough information.

Seriously, GAG staff, sort it out.

• Yes. If someone asks "what's your favorite food?" I can not answer with just one word say "pizza". I now have to comprise a sentence to convey that "pizza" is my favorite food. It can be a pain in the ass.

• The character limits are in place to prevent spam and prevent you guys from always saying one or two words, even when it's not helpful. We're hoping that people will try to express themselves more clearly and actually help when posting. :)

• I think it's to discourage Xper robots and refrain from GaG becoming like Twitter. But yeah, it's annoying sometimes.

• One word answers discourage dialogue, and pages would be cluttered with them. The current constraint forces, at the very least, a minimum of thinking.

• I was going to answer "yes" but you know, can't answer that without a few words.

• No.
    ... uyuytfdcfrgthbvcdfgtyuj