If they had videochats on GAG, would you or would you not and why?

Having the option to videochat with anyone, even if you don't really know them.
Doing groups chats for hours with friends or people for fun.
I would do it because I think it would ne interesting :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't because of the nature of the site.

GAG characteristics:

1. Advice site. Some people coming for help, often suffering mental illness or extreme emotional conditions. Presence of highly volatile individuals could ruin the experience.

2. Trust & Anonymity. Many people come here sharing deeply personal issues. They can do this because they are anonymous and do not need to worry about negative reprocussions for sharing. Video chat would erode that to some extent.

I do support the presence of a chat-like functionality for the purpose of talking about a question or problem with someone, but I don't think video information is necessary to do that.

What Guys Said 6

• It may seem good but imagine all the weirdo guys who would be sending videochats to girls? @lumos had posted a collage of the weirdos messaging her. I think it would be both good & bad, but a bit aggravating for some girls who are always been harassed.

• nah im good. we got Skype for that option.

• The pervy guys would LOVE that! :-/

• I would likely not participate.

• I would do it too. I love meeting new people and I feel more assured when I can see that I'm talking to who I should be

• No i wouldn't thanks

What Girls Said 3

• I would not like to participate. I am good with text option.

• No. I would not

• I would not participate. It destroys the anonimity illusion. Haha.