Would it be Better if GAG had Chat?

What do you think? Would GaG be better if it offered a chat option on the site?

• Yes, I love it! Add Chat
  • NO, I Don't need Chat
  • Totally Undecided
I'm fairly new to this site so I am unaware of what GaG offered prior to my signing up for an account. Although I appreciate all the input and responses to my poll question. It seems like people are interested in having that part of GaG back. I like the site for what it is now but I'm always looking for ways to improve a site. So please continue sharing. Some one going to get my MHO.
Can someone tell me why they removed MEEBO from GaG?

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted undecided, because the other options do not apply to my answer. Lets just say that GAG used to have a chat feature in the past but I REALLY hated it. I prefer conversing via messages.
    Some people seemed to like the feature a lot. So I guess it would be a good to bring it back for them.
    But for people who don't like it (like me), they should give an option not to be visible in it.

What Guys Said 11

• The goal of GaG is to get questions on the site and answers. IF half the users in the clique are off chatting, it takes away from what gives them ad revenue.

• nah im good with taking a while to reply.

• yeah, this site did get a bit less interesting when they removed chat..

• There used to be chat on this site up to a year ago. It was a chat bar at the bottom of the page and was powered by Meebo.

It was MASSIVELY popular, I will admit the site was 10x more addictive because of it! : -D

• no it\d be a mess with so many people around, really

• It used to, back in the day.

Yes, it should come back.

• we already have chat and I like it the way it is.
    when I have free time I reply and when I am busy or have something better to do there is no "already seen" there for the desperate people on earth (global whatsapp problem)

• there's enough perversion on here. Lets not make it Omegle..

• Its a great idea. I agree for it.

• NO this is good enough as it is, the message option is available just because

• Yeah gag was better with chat but hell all of gag was better at the time. It had better users, better software and better questions.

What Girls Said 7

• No. If I want to talk to a user, I private message them. This site used to have a chat feature though and I hated it. I would always turn it off the second I logged on because as soon as someone (mainly guys) saw that I was active, they would just message me inappropriate things. Of course some guys still message me inappropriate things but it's much easier to ignore when it's a private message rather than an IM box on my screen at all times.

• Isn't that kind of what private messaging is? ... It really is an open forum.

I don't really like 'chats'//// They feed too fast because of the increased activity.

• It used to have it however Meebo makers removed the chat is what Gag says. But I believe yadday's answer to be more truthful.

• GAG had a chat option a few years back I still miss it.

• I really wish that

• They had that, and a group chat too before that. I wouldn't mind having it back.

• I miss meebo :/