Do you answer long questions?

My general observation is that there are less opinions on a post with a long description, do you also skip long Q's? why or why not?

• yes
  • no
  • depends on the topic
  • depends on my mood

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if it's an interesting topic, or if the person seems to be in a serious dilemma.
    I'm not taking the time to answer some 5 paragraph long bullcrap about how Jimmy is giving you mixed signals. ◔_◔

• i laughed way more than i was supposed to at the last line.
      anyways what do you consider to be serious dilemma?

• Stuff like (but not limited to) serious family or friend problems or severely low self-esteem issues or cries for help when it comes to contemplating suicide, stuff like that piques my interest and I want to help as much as I can. Crap about Jimmy? Pfft, figure that out on your own girl.

What Girls Said 8

• It really depends. If I'm assaulted with a huge text wall I'll usually read one or two sentences before deciding. A lot of people on here tend to ask questions that start like this..."Okay so wut happened was my friend Michelle and I were both like really really in like with this guy Kyle but this girl Sasha heard that he likes Maria but Sasha is a known liar so..."

And that's when I hit the backspace button.

Ps I'm a lot more likely to read a long question if people would use paragraphs.

• Sometimes yes. I try. But I skim through them first to see if it's worthwhile. A lot of people tend to write things like:
    "I was talking with this guy and he told his friend who told his cousin that he wasn't ready for a relationship. . . . (and then they go into details about how cute or amazing he is and worthless they feel next to him) . . and the wind blew and knocked his hat on me. Do you think this means he likes me?"
    -___________-

• If it's an interesting question, then yes, I will answer them. It helps when the QA provides important details that pertain to what is being asked. Good grammar and spelling also help for clarity's sake so I can understand what's going on and can answer to the best of my ability.

• tbh! nope!! the details are too long and are sometimes off topic from the question itself

• I'll read the questions if its interesting. But if someone is asking questions and its boring to read. I won't finish reading it

• Depends on the topic most times.

• Nope, they're usually super boring.

• No, but if it's a rant complaining about a girl or guy then yes because they need to man up

What Guys Said 7

• Most long questions are long because the asker does not know how to properly communicate and that means the reader is probably not going to really understand what the asker wants. The other possibility is that it is so long because it is a basically worthless question that the asker is spending so much effort on to try to justify asking it.

Either case, it is probably not worth the time nor effort decoding what the asker wanted.

• Mostly no. I find it irritating to dedicate my time to reading a question /book only to discover half way through that it has been a complete waste of time.

• Sometimes, I've come across questions that are a complete mess. I mean I can't give out a proper opinion if the fucking paragraph let alone what you're trying to tell me is scrambled and messy.

I often comment asking to fucking update their question so I can understand it much clearly.

• If the title is interesting then I'll. read and reply but if the title is shift then it won't inspire me to read a long question and then I obviously will not answer it

• Depends on the topic, my mood and how much coffee I drank/music I listened to that night.

• Most of the time I avoid long questions. They almost never tell any information that is actually relevant to the situation, or they are trying to twist the story to lead people to the answer they are hoping to get. Sometimes if I am in the mood and the topic strikes me as important I will, but very rarely will I bother.

It seems that most people don't read anything more than the title of the question. I leave my questions really short, but people still only answer the title and don't read the details anyway.

• I use to. I don't have any incentive to do so now.

• what was your incentive earlier?

• I use to talk to a number of people on here regularly. Forming relationships increase the value of a person, which in turn earns them more respect/loyalty/devotion/consideration. Now I don't give a shit about anyone on here so no need to be considerate.