Who thinks GAG should allow question askers to take points away from people who answer inappropriately?

I hate it when someone gives an opinion that is judgmental and not helpful. Do you agree?

What would be a better idea then knocking points in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• If GAG added this feature, it would defeat the whole purpose of the website. The asker would have the power to mute certain people's perspectives or to filter out the opinions, leaving only the ones they find favorable. Not only would this result in skewed opinions, but it would encourage people to make up fake opinions purely in the interest of complying with the asker's preferances.

• Wgll like I said to someone else what if it was based on negative votes and if you get 3 or more negative votes you get 5 points knocked off

• Ah, I actually didn't know about the flag button. Thank you

• no problem (-:

What Girls Said 20

• Just report answers that are complete nonsense or offensive to you and let the admins deal with it. I think that it would be very chaotic and a disaster if users start docking points from one another just because they don't like an answer. It would turn the whole website into an even bigger popularity contest than it already is.

It's the Internet. People are going to get comments that are useless or that they don't like. If there are people who consistently leave answers that are useless/trolling, block them and report them for trolling.

• Yes what she said, plus a whole lot of users are gonna rage then quit using GaG. The damage would be a catastrophy.

• There's more information about reporting posts in the FAQ section here: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/get-started

• You are now the honorary most helpful haha. Too bad I can't change the real one haha or I would

• That would be awesome but people would abuse the system. I think being able to down vote is a good compromise

• Or like if someone gets like 3 negative votes they get 10 points removed from their score or something I don't know just so it's not one persons idea

• @musicbrain5 that doesn't surprise me at all. It's probably the best option to just leave it as is.

• Maybe you are right

• What would be best is to not ask questions until you understand that this is a forum and people will act as such. Your solution would cause people to lose points solely for not agreeing with the asker. Best thing you can do is report.

Best thing you can do is report.

• Well see I was asking about answers that didn't even attempt to answer the questions and were rude or judgmental too. I dint mind the occasional funny one but when someone doesn't even bother to try to answer the question and is rude too that kinda makes me mad

• Thank you sooo much, you are now the honorary most helpful answer haha. Too bad I can't change the original lol

• sometimes people need to be judged. they have the stupidest mentalities and outrageous situations and really sit there and expect all answers to be kissing their ass and holding their hand. uh no lol

I do think points should be taken away for those who don't even answer the question or keep to the point of the topic

• Well that is what we Mods are here for but man it's a large site you now not everyone here will say the correct or appropriate stuff. We just need to be on the look out EVEN more. It would be crazy if people just started disliking what you put even if it isn't negative.

• It's not that serious lol

• Not a good idea. People will just report either user, or if they disagree with the answer. Even if they actually gave a good answer. All we can do is ignore these people.

• That idea sucks! You are dumb! Jk lol but you're right. But there is a difference between speaking your mind and being offensive. And what if you are acty answering honestly and try to help but people take it the wrong way. That happens to me a lot because of my low progmatic language skills.

• Yeah, I agree it would make things harder. After reading the other opinion I agree now that it's a bad idea

• the insulting people usually get deleted. unless they are politically correct, that then you should learn to deal with them. it is not needed.

• Nah, I ain't for that.

• GAG does that already they delete your post if it's considered inappropriate or any other in a long list of reasons.

• people would do it to people they just dont like

• Ell what if it was based in negative votes nd if you got 3 you got 5 points knocked off, that would prevent people for being vindictive

• thats sounds kind of kindergarteny. lol but I don't know if anyone cares about points enough that it would prevent them from speaking their mind llol

• True, I guess it's not even that big of a deal

• No, because there are some askers who starts being rude to opinion owners who have different opinions from what they expected. You can just report the inappropriate comments and let the admin deal with it. I believe once the comment is removed, so is the point that opinion owner got from answering the question.

• Would be cool but people would misuse it a lot

• Holy shit! This blew up lol

• Its called the report button

• I could careless.

• Defiantly :)

• YES!!! (just fillin space)

• ehh no. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's the point of this site. people can be very rude and judgmental and uncalled for. but its the internet. at this point it's to be expected, sadly. but if the comment is inappropriate enough, it'll be taken down.

• Well I'm talking specifically about people who don't even try to answer the question and just judge you. Someone judged me for smoking marijuana and that wasn't even the point of the question I asked in the first place. It was completely unhelpful

• yeah, i hate those types of answers. i think there would be too many for the staff to go through to deduct points lol. so many people do it.

• True. Yeah I suppose it's not a big enough deal to even bother with it really

What Guys Said 18

• No. That feature would definitely get abused. A lot of users ask questions claiming to honest unbiased answers but they are really looking for someone to tell them exactly what they want to hear.

If that feature was to be implemented, the types of people that I just mentioned would likely take points away from anyone who disagreed with them. This would discourage open discussions which is supposedly the point of this website.

• How about they give the option to delete it and the person who answered it loses the point they received for giving their bullshit answer

• Damn it 😠

• Sorry bro, maybe next time

• Challenge accepted:
    Replace the word "America" with Internet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJsNiZDS4Ps
    This post is just nonsense. Flag it. Sugar rush

• No because fears of answer and bad anons are bad, can be bad

point drain? No point drain

such a zombie now

disagree, too much power opinion isn't right or wrong. Opinion is opinion can not be not helpful, all different

• I'm talking about for people who don't even bother to answer the question and just judge someone or say something that's completely unhelpful. I know I'm guilty of it too but aren't e supposed to be helping each other?

• luck is not needed, when the sun comes up I'll have my power, who should I take first?

• Rofl, I'll have a go, I'm always up for a good man on man wrestling match... Wow that sounded sexual didn't it haha

• No just no... I'll deactivate.

• Hell no. Then I couldn't troll and we would all have to be strict and always helpful and serious and lame all the time :/

• As much as I see assholes on here acting inappropriately I'm against that, because many times people get heat for answering truthfully when asked for their honest opinion.
    Many issues are 50/50 on what it is you believe and how you think

• Some questions call for a sarcastic unhelpful answer. I'd just stick to reporting answers if they are highly antagonizing and that the person cannot reply on the post again

• Lol I guess that would be reasonable. Especially if they attached those points to the email address used so if they tries making another account it would follow them

• Yeah that's a good idea

• There's a reason its called an "opinion". Not everyone will agree with it, and it may offend some. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is judgmental and inappropriate.

• The problem is that "inappropriate" is too subjective to have this type of policy.

• This would be abused and piss a lot of people off.

This is the internet, c'mon you should know how easy it can be populated by trolls, idiots, and complete dickheads. Just have to adapt.

• Maybe we should be able to reduce points for people who post questions like this.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/N7Q3tvOVKKE/hqdefault.jpg

• That really stupid. If they did that then people would be taking point away just because they disagree with someone else's opinion.

• Maybe like if they get 3 negative votes on an opinion then they get ten points removed just so it's not one persons idea, cuz I agree people would use it to be vindictive

• True people abuse the system now, but by give them the power to take away points that makes it worse.

• True. After reading everyone's comments I agree now that it's not a big enough issue to hange the system haha

• No way! Too much power to the asker. They would just take points away from people who disagree with them. Or take away points to people who aren't afraid to tell them the truth.

The system is fine as is

• A better idea would be if you can't handle the good with the bad then don't ask a question.

• Then what's the point of being on GAG in the first place if you can't feel safe to ask a question?

• Honestly, I think the report feature is enough :)

• See I didn't know about it before I asked this question. The first person who brought it up was made the most helpful. It would have been you if you had gotten here first haha

• ah on my phone, didn't see you had a most helpful picked :)

• Haha no worries

• That's a good idea. Make it 5 points !

• Haha maybe it should be even an even worse penalty. Maybe 50 points or they get their account suspended for 24 hours based on how bad it is

• Answers that are removed come with negative points. This kind of thinking leads to thought police and trying to have everyone thinking the same.

• Well what do you think would be appropriate for people who don't even bother to answer questions and are rude too? Just leave it be?

• The system is decent the way it is. Some answers are removed for being antagonistic, nonsense of offensive and even the ones that border it are removed. I just would hate to see generic answers or all the answers the same. I take the good and toss the bad.

• Yes I agree with you now that I've read everyone else's answers.

• I think they should take away answers that "can't" answer the question correctly.

• Maybe, that's a pretty good idea

• Yeah because I ask some questions that are simple and people can't give a correct answer.

• I know, it's crazy, why can't people give a simple yes or know and a reason. It's not that hard in my opinion

• Terrible idea. It'll make people more politically correct left wing than they already are.

You won't really be getting opinions just mindles confirmation bias

• I don't know what would you suggest instead? Just let it go?

• You can't control the Internet. It'll always happen unless we're advocating a prison like system

• True. Maybe that's why I still feel like this haha, I just got out of prison lol