Have you noticed that a lot of people are putting up pictures of them self as their profile pic here recently?

Does this mean they are becoming more open? Why would they want strangers to know what they look like? Could this mean they are slightly more open to sexual encounters?

and also I don't see any "rate me" section on here anymore, so instead, I see y'all nigga's putting them in question format. Don't deny it.

If I choose the most coolest answer, I'll send you a $240 gift card for Nordstrom Rack the best place to go shopping for clothes. ;)

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 25

• "Could this mean they are slightly more open to sexual encounters?"
    Fuck no. I just have mine up so that people will know who they're talking to.

• I have noticed too. People are taking pictures and holding up their name on a peice of paper so that people can know they are real.

I think it might have something to do with a user who made a post about being catfished by someone on GAG here a few weeks ago. But my thing is, why are you trying to develop relationships with people that you will probably never meet anyway? The user that said she was catfished didn't even really meet the person, she just became online friends with her and the girl just ended up telling her a bunch of creepy shit.

I just have enough sense to know that you can't take people online seriously so i never really expect much out of any user on here. If people ask questions and they seem ginuine about their questions then i will give ginuine answers but that is as far as i will go with people on here. I like being a Panda

• Yes... because I choose a pic of myself I'm obviously dtf. Ok.

Why wouldn't I choose a picture of myself? This is an advice page, not a hookup page. Being able to place a face with the advice makes it more realistic. Seems like you're talking with an actual person as opposed to a bot.

• If there were a "rate me" section, I wouldn't use it. I don't care what people think I look like. I'm happy married, and I don't garner self-confidence off of what a bunch of strangers think of me.

• I want to grant you with MHO, because he most likely won't : )

• I've had my picture up here for awhile, and NO WAY, it does NOT mean I'm open to sexual encounters, dirty talk, or overall creepy messages from guys here. I just want people to know what I look like, that's all.

• and in NO WAY, it doest NOT mean that I'm open to SEXUAL EnCounTERSSS. +1

• * edit writing a paper...*
      Do you also do that when you're writing academic papers as well? It helps drive the point home! :P

• lol, no. Only on the Internet.

• I think it happened mostly, after catfish incident.
    I don't think people are interested in sexual encounters more. They are just trying to prove themselves as they are.

• You lost me at "yall niggas" .. lmao

• yes, a revolution took place

• I always had my pics of me up since they day I joined but would take it off because people start bashing me or being inappropriate. Like dayum man its a f*****g pic get over it. Plus I would want people to know who they're talking to. I'm not fake or need to hide my identity.

• How can you act fish if you're just taking to people. Like how could I cat fish women is never going to meet me?

I thought. At fishing was about planing dates then not showing up?

I'm not asking for tips on how to do it lol I just want to understand it.

• It is called thirst. Thirst from both sides help the comunity flourish. Besides that, the girls couldn't compete with the instagram models, so they came to this dry dry desert instead.

I'm kidding. I guess people like their faces. Or don't...

• No. Duuuude you are like one of those people who think anything is a sign for sex. My face does not equal "send me dick pics"

• I have always used my own pic. I am not looking for sexual encounters and I really don't care that people know what I look like. I've never asked a rate me question.

• I've had mine up since I made an account.
    Maybe you're just noticing them more.
    No, they're not more open to sexual encounters.
    $240, so that's like what? €180? What's Nordstrom Rack? Everyone goes to Penny's

• I uploaded a picture of me. But not all my face. The reason I upload a picture is because I went people to see that I am a girl, not a catfish (fake person). I dont like people send me messages. Just here to help others with the question they ask. And for people to answer mine :) ...

• Yes but niggas still be like rate me and sometimes its just like bruh no it gets mad annoying I'm not about to let no one on this website see my face unless its in person and that will probably never happen I don't know its kinda pointless because then again people on here can take your pics put them online and everything basically anything they want with it

• It happened after catfish incident. People held that signboard to prove their identity mainly but also for fun. No I am not here for sexual encounters neither are they except for perv.

• Yes, I've notice it. I think it has nothing to do with being open to sexual encounters. I can find a good reason for it, but I don't know if I can talk about it.

• Are we not supposed to put a photo of ourselves up here? I'm new. I just assumed, "hey, I'm Jessica. This is my face," maybe I was wrong.

• G@gers putting pictures of themselves does NOT means they are open to sexual encounters!

• I'm not planning on putting my pic up on here

• Yes. Noticed that too. Well i wanna stay anon for as long as i can. Hehe. ;)

• Longtime users or freshly joined users who want to be rated?

• Hah. This made me put up my picture. But I want to retain part-anonymity; hence, the mask.

• I've had my picture since I started using this site and no it doesn't mean Im open to creepy sexual messages, just put mine so people would know who they are talking too. ✌️🌸

• unicorn farts... that what i have to say :P

What Guys Said 21

• I think it's just one of those little stepping stones en route to building confidence with other humans.

Comfortable chatting online -> Comfortable chatting online with real profile pictures -> Start going to online dating sites etc -> Real life relationships.

Don't think it immediately translates to "Hey GaG! I'm up for it!". I may even do it myself soon.

• Interesting insight. ;) +1

• But then that would mean most people posting their pics are actually the shier, more introvert and less confident people? Hmm

• They just want to put a picture, that's it. You go out the streets, showing your face to strangers too, are you doing that because you're dtf?

I've been thinking of putting a pic of myself, but I don't like the way I look in pictures so, I guess I ain't putting one so far xD

• Those are like opposite issues though. You would stand out more if you wore a mask in public, it's not really a choice.

• Oh, I see what you mean.
      Actually my bad, I read that as dft (different), not dtf. I think I need to have my eyes checked soon.^^;;

• @dipta Hahaha no problem ;)

• why would they want strangers to know what they look like? well same goes for Fb then, and IG. all other social media. internet in general. it shouldn't really matter.

• I don't really understand your question xD. Isn't it quite normal to have a picture of yourself on a social media site you use frequently?

• I would but no camera can support my extreme hotness.

• I've had my pic up before the revolution and I think it didn't matter. Post Revolution I think many users are doing it in good faith, they fucking feel like it, or they just want to just let others know hey this is me. Let's not get it twisted though bro, there's still a lotta damn weirdos out there irregardless of pictures or not.

• I've always had a pic of myself. ever since I signed up. I don't remember not having a pic of myself.
    I don't see the problem with people on the Internet knowing what you look like. I will most likely never meet anyone in person from here, so what's the problem? I like having a face to go with the opinions I read, so I imagine others would too.

• I put a portrait of my chilly family up yesterday. I used to have a pic of my prolapsed anus but too many perverted girls and guys messaged me.

• Yeah, as others have said, once the big catfishing thing got exposed a lot of people wanted to show that they are who they say they are. It's in no way related to whether or not they're open to sexual encounters; if anything, the opposite is probably more likely.

• i think it has to do with the "catfished" thing lately

• I'm open with my opinions so I have a picture up
    Am I open to sexual encounters: Nahh Just here for the fun! :D

• No we aren't just being more open. A lot of us just don't want other to assume we're a catfish.
    There was a catfish scandal on here last week.

• Wellll, I put up a picture of myself from the beginning. Had nothing to do with being open to these "encounters" you speak of, so I'd have to say. I doubt it.

• my pic is always either me or a drawing i have done O_o
    means you get ridiculed a little more but hey, it's the net... who cares right?
    *weeps quietly*
    media3.giphy.com/media/2WxWfiavndgcM/giphy.gif

• Haven't noticed any changes in pictures.

• I choose not to use my real picture because I'm pretty open here about personal things, and I would rather not have them come back to haunt me if someone I know in real life recognized my face.

• I don't know, i just upload random pictures of myself, or frogs. always have. not for sex, not for any reason really.

• Your question gave me cancer.

• I'm too busy cringing at questions to notice.

• Until you notice they were all asked by the same people? Besides Anonymous.

• I haven't, won't and likely never will. So, I'll stick to using other pics instead.

• Well why would they not put their own pic or put something else if they are a regular user?