Why do people randomly downvote opinions on "beauty contest" questions?

Like I have three downvotes randomly on my opinion there.

In this question, also take note of the random downvotes: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1224033-who-is-the-most-handsome-guy-on-gag

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's a popularity contest. I'd down vote the whole question if I could.

Most Helpful Guy

• people get sick of the popularity contest thing. and also haters gonna hate. lol.

What Girls Said 9

• People down vote what they disagree with, so I suppose they just disagree with whoever you mentioned.

• Bc the question is annoying so by default the answers are irritating.. That's just a guess. I dont randomly down vote.

• What's wrong with a question asking who you personally find attractive? It's subjective.

• @lumos I am trying to make a point in saying that just because someone doesn't win one of these competitions or is even nominated doesn't really mean much, and that attraction is subjective.

• @lumos

... being our Miss GaG, you should definitely be one of the people to nominate a Mister GaG in my thread.

• Probably because most people dislike "popularity" contests.

• Maybe they're not random

• I find this weird too, I got downvoted by three people on a question that asked who was someone you appreciated... I was like... Ummm why would I get downvoted for appreciating someone?

• they dont agree on the people being nominated. i think all these HS topics are getting boring and it excluded people

• When someone down vote. Is because they disagree what you said. But don't take it to personal, its nothing to worry about.

• Because usually I get upvoted or no votes, but I see all these downvotes on those type of threads. Like I don't go around downvoting others on the basis of who they find attractive. That's absurd.

• I mean, I'll downvote if it's actually worth downvoting (i. e. the advice/statement is terribly wrong, immoral, or misguided), but for finding someone attractive? lol

• Lol!! I get what you are saying. I totally agree

• Because its shallow and holding these kinds of "contests" make you shallow. Why does it even matter to who's the prettiest or handsomest?

• Its not random, they just don't agree with you is all. That's what those buttons are for.

What Guys Said 5

• possibly by someone with multiple accounts?

• They do that to show their disagreement to the person who made the comment or to show their dislike... Or they are just trolls

• Usually people get so blinded by my amazing shine they actually downvote instead of upvote. The hotness of my presences drugs them into thinking that down voting is actually up and up is down.

Its okay, not everyone can stand the @MyThoLoGy

• The disagree about that persons attractiveness.

• Does that really warrant downvotes?

• Do you understand how ludicrous and petty you sound by asking this question? It's no different than any other up vote or down vote. People disagree, that's life.

• I don't think simply disagreeing with respect to what you personally like warrants downvotes is what I am saying.

• haters basically