Responding to messages on gag?

I get lots of random messages everyday from people I don't know (yes I realize I can go private) but if you don't know the person what do you do? Block them right away? Just ignore them? Say hi and talk to them, while always wondering when the crazy bomb will be dropped?
I don't want to be mean. Opinions please!

I just got a message from @s3f4 (?) Asking about how I masturbate. You seriously can't make this stuff up. He was blocked pronto!
I guess I should update this question lol.
I eventually did just go private.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 42

• I get a few messages alright but none sexual, ofcourse unless I want & allow them lol. That's a problem for girls and especially beautiful girls :-D

Your call what you want to do with those messages. If you think they deserve to be blocked then also ensure that you report the user so that he doesn't hassle other girls and GAG also will have stats on that particular user if he's harassing other girls :-)

I sure hope I don't keep you or anyone on the tenterhooks about 'when the crazy bomb will drop' lol

• I think the majority of users here are normal people, so I usually reply to my messages. I don't see any harm in doing so.

The only times I don't send anything back is when I get a random message saying something like "Hey, I'm new here and only interested in talking via E-mail, so e-mail me at xxxxxxxxx@yahoo. com, maybe we can hook up." This will happen about once every 3 months or so.

• Just ignore them.. You're not obligated to respond to anyone especially if they're not interesting. I gotta say the good thing about being a guy on the Internet is that people don't message you usually unless you message them first.

• I'll usually message them back till the crazy starts. It's weird how many think they know me, or think I own G@G somehow.

And sheesh, you could reply to my messages. I sent you my penis and everything.

• I just talk to them. I have no idea where a conversation could go that starts with "hi" or "hai:)" or "hey there" or "hi how r u doing?" or "hey" or "hi I think ur cute" (damn you Chris Pratt!) so I just roll with it hahaa.

• A great place to take a conversation with the last starter you mentioned would be: So, how do you like the show "Parks and Rec"? =)

• @Asker of if they are weirdos then the conversation naturally dies in like 1 minute hahaa. I do the *internet awkward silence*
      @Punkbuster107 hahaa I forgot to include "hi umm, so are you really FBI?" "hey r u in the fbi?" "hi do you work for the fbi?" "hey are you really in the fbi?" "hello im just curious, are you really in the fbi?" pfft bahaa xD

• Bahahahah! Better than being questioned on similar grounds for having the username "Miss Hitler".

• It depends on the content of the message. I've received a few messages from randoms gagers that just say things like:

"Hi! Great responses!"
    "Hello my friend, I am a rich Muslim from Bulgaria, may I interest you in this pyramid scheme?"
    "Hi I just noticed your profile. I'm a sweet vietnamese girl interested in making new friends. Please contact me using my email below."
    "Hello sorry to bother you, I am looking for strong husband to marry and live with in Canada. I will trade sex for home."
    "Hey dude, have you gotten any nudes from girls yet? Wanna share pics?"

I just ignore those lol. But if it's someone I've seen around and they just wanna chat or ask me a question then I don't mind. Then again I don't have a vagina so I don't get nearly bothered as much. :)

• Wait, guys don't have vaginas?
      ***types up next question super fast***😊

• lol my last sentence sounds so wrong. I didn't mean girls get annoyed more easily but that girls receive a lot more messages than guys. So I can understand when the most popular members don't reply to me. They're probably tired of chatting with people haha or I'm last on their priority list. I don't personally send a lot of messages though.

• The only messages I get are from GAG telling me to pick a MHO, for questions that are like 4 months old.

• 1|0
  • People so often block user that are "doing wrong"... if they go over the edge it's better to report them. Otherwise they'll do the same thing to many users.
    You hear this sort of story often, unfortunately.
    I can only promise that the day I message you it will be to say serious and kind things :-)

• Oh I am certain of that from you :)

• Haha we can only give the good example can't we? Most follow it... unfortunately not all :-)

• I know that guys don't get nearly as many messages as girls do... but unless the message is out and out stupid -- like your example -- I'll at least reply.

Some people I've met have been interesting and fun to chat with... there's some interesting and intelligent people here.. sometimes much more than some of the "rate me" and "size" questions let on.

For others, well, that's what the "block' button is for.

• Lol every girl here is suffering from pervert incursions in their inbox world.
    There is a reason i guess why gag is becoming a breeding center for creeps.
    I have visited many forums but i have observed that there is huge gender gap and mostly dominated by men and some hooligans. Various sites are quite deserted when it comes to women.
    But this one site called GAG must be like heaven to them because of huge presence of females here. So all the scamsters ( i know how a woman probably a catfish called me HOT in my inbox lol),
    Frauds, creeps try their luck here.
    I wish gag hires a catfish detector here.

• Depends on the message. Since you're a girl you probably get a variety (not all good), but the only messages I've gotten are from random users wanting to chat.

Never had a bad experience, made some friends that way.

I did get one girl trying to only talk to me outside of GaG/over email (first message) about bank problems, and I just said thanks, but no thanks.

Anything weird I just let roll off and stop responding.

• I'm still in need of the funding by the way. 😒

• I think it's like $35K, but if that's not enough than my credit card is:
      Jack L Kerouac 4293 2028827 222 and the security code is 411

• If this pans out, you're definitely getting most helpful!

• I don't respond to people I don't know, and I don't respond to sexual innuendo.

Don't feel bad about it! Seriously, you have every right to ignore and block people. LOL

• Then I will begin doing it straight away! And I'll try not to feel guilty about it lol

• Why do I have a feeling answers going to be different between men and woman. lol. It will depend on you. If you feel like talking with them, then you can say hi and talk. If it's inappropriate or they make you feel uncomfortable, then you block them and report them. Bullying or harassment should never be tolerated, no matter what the medium. If you did not solicit or invite someone to message you, you have the choice to respond or delete. It's your fault for being pretty and so nice.

• just ignore them simply ;-)

• part of me wants to say awesome for blasting creepy guys who do that. But then the other side of me says what if he just pissed you off and you're acting like a bitch and lying about him to smear his name on the site... hmmm

• people have made up worse stories before

• I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just inquisitive

• The guy I named made the unfortunate decision to message me shortly after I posted this question. If I wanted to name names, I could name a lot! Plus, by asking that question to a rondom woman he lost his right for respectful treatment.

• Luckily few write me. Too old a cruster for em. Fine with me.

If I was a girl and they would write me that goddamn shit, their penis would shrivel up like a dried out earth worm after I'd get through with them.

• If it's someone that wants help, I'll message them back. I had some user here hit me up on chat when we still had a few years back that did, and I talked to her for two years. But if it's off the wall and weird, I'll just ignore it and it works for me.

• I get nice messages... none requesting that kind of material perhaps I should have picked a hotter name! Oldndecrepi'd just ain't cutting it I guess!

• I guess it is really hard for a girl to be here... Every men on earth would message her... it can be really annoying.
    Don't we ask ourself why the girls normally don't answer to us! We cover them with tons of messages...

However I beg you to not block everybody... let us at least a chance...

• Its not really an issue for me on this sight but i have no profile pic nor have i been here long. Fb is a little different if ur a guy u get a few scams soon as ur single. Most msgs i get r following up on advice or help so here it don't worry me much but maby it will be a prob in the future.

• Just do what u want. If u want to talk to them, then talk to them. If u don't, then don't. Hell, I even don't respond to people's comments sometimes on my opinions because i'm too lazy to lol

• Yea i get those, i recently got one from an Indian girl wanted to Skype with me, no thanks i'm good and i blocked her ass

• I do appreciate when someone allows "us" to go private. I really think that our ability to be completely open with another individual that I assume has as much interest in the truth about what questions we are asking

• I respond to them usually. My profile is private but people can still message me.

• You probably get tons of guys sending you horny messages because of your avis lol

• I don't know what is normal for girls to get. But it seems like a lot.

• That is a lot. I see why you changed your pic. I feel bad for you :(.

• The creepers give those D pics and are really insecure about their cock. My advice would be to..."twist it up" A little bit and make them feel more insecure hehe. I usually let people message me and I have became good friends with someone on here.

• If i get random messages from people. its usually from someone wanting advice on something, which im ok with.

• Lol ma bellegurl! U caught meh like ah so off guard :P

• I ignore most.

• Thats a luxury you have... some guys have to try really hard to get just 1 girl to talk to them. Just filter out the bad ones, but try to give others a chance.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 28

• Omg got that same message from the same person. I was like wtf. Basically I learned today to ignore people like that. They're probably trolling or just weird

• Sometimes I ignore them, usually if they just say hi, I will ignore them because they tend to either be the creepers, or once you say hi back they don't know how to respond.

If someone messages me and brings up a conversation to begin with based on one of my answers or my profile then I will talk back and it generally works out fine and if not then I block them.

• I mean if you think about it, you don't know half the people on here, so if you ignore and block every person that sends you a message you'll never get to talk to or meet any new/ interesting people. That being said I generally creep on the person before responding to their message, see what kind of questions they ask and some of their opinions to see if they are crazy or not, or particularly obsessed with sexual topics. Then I decide if I am gong to respond or ignore them.

• I replynt people I don't know on GAG they usually message me asking me for advice or just conversation as friends. It doesn't really bother me.

• I feel the same way as you.
    I used to actually let reply to everyone but I don't anymore. I hardly reply I usualy delete and move on if I haven't talked to them before I don't plan on it too many creepers and just gross people I'm just like why bother. Because I don't want to hear it. But I don't block them unless necessary.

• This seems like the approach I will take.

• Works for me plus I don't really trust anyone on this site for the most part. So why bother having conversations with them no point.

• Just mainly horny Indians. Ill blk them.

• LOL!! Yeah it's always Indian people who have asked me the weirdest stuff. Nothing against them, but that's just a fact.

• @Red_Dragon
      Lol... Side effects of being IT giant.

• @Insaan :/ yep.

• I use to let people send me messages. i got messages from people here. I would block if they say dirty stuff. The ones that ask for help, I would try to help them. And then there was ones that wanted to be friends, I talk to them. But then I found about a lot of catfish going around, I changed my settings. No one can send me messages.

• i just ignore them.

• it depends what they say lol if they're inappropriate or you don't feel like having a conversation just ignore it or block them

• Depends on the message if it's a hey I want to show you my d insta block, if it's a question then usually no if it goes into something im not comfortable with I say so if they pushy block... If it's a hey your hot I say thank you..

• I ignore strangers that just say 'hi' or 'hi, i need help'. sorry, I'm not gonna help you analyze what that text message someone sent you means.

• I usually reply with very uninterested one word messages and if they persist I just ignore them unless they're actually cool people.

• I usually just ignore it if they don't have anything of substance to say.

• I talk them for a little bit then I just ignore them. If they're annoying I just block them. I honestly am not looking to have a conversation or friendship with anyone on here

• I do too. Just ignore them or set your messaging to following/followers only

• I get them everyday too. I just ignore and if they persist then I block them

• i normally reply them aha i just always say hey back :)

• Depends what mood I'm in really. Sometimes I like to fuck with the creepers though, mess with their minds a little and make them want to go away.

• I just say hi and then leave after a while.

• @TheLittleBuggy
    Suggested talking to the person, if they seem Pervy, she says "have fun with it" and "say something crazy"

• I say hi and if they need help I try to do what I can; if they want to mess up, I do what I need to.

• Ignore, ignore, ignore! It gets really old -.-'

• I just ignored them, and changed my private setting.

• I usually ignore everyone and block the creepy ones.

• I usually just Ignore them, I learned my lesson the last time I answer somebody Message

• I get asked by people every single day if I masturbate or have had sex or that stuff... it upsets me

• I don't get many because I'm usually anonymous, but I like to talk to them first. If (or when) it gets weird, I stop messaging because I feel awkward and don't know how to respond anymore.

But I'm always hopeful that no crazy bomb will be dropped, that maybe this person is just friendly.

• I mostly get private messages from guys asking dating advice. I try to help by giving honest opinions. I don't have a photo of myself up, just the default, so luckily I never get penis pics. there was one guy who started messaging me everyday asking too many personal questions which made me very uncomfortable so, I nicely asked him not to message me anymore.. I felt bad about it but I didn't enjoy our conversations and it really did make me very uncomfortable. so there was no other choice. just be honest with wheather ir not you're actually interested in talking to them.

I don't want to go private either because I do like the random, tame private messages.