Are GaGers shallow? I think they are.

So I found this website a couple of months ago and I thought, "this place looks like a nice place to get some opinions" and I made an account. I asked like 2 questions and then I forgot about it until I found the website again. I come back and I see stupid questions like "are my boobs small?" Or "who's the ugliest GaGer here?" Or "who's the most attractive GaGer here?" Who cares? Those questions about who's the ugliest or prettiest do nothing but lower self esteem and give those who are deemed as "most good looking" a bigger ego. I mean, in the long run, how is being the prettiest/handsomest GaGer here going to benifit you? It'll give you a lot duck pictures, I can tell you that. Not all GaGers are shallow, i understand that, but is the magority?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a shame no one cares what you think.

• Obviously you do in some sort of way if you answered the question.

• That would have required me to read the blurb...

What Guys Said 32

• Not more than the general population i would guess.

• because people come here and ask the questions they don't dare to aks IRL. Why? Because NOBODY knows who they really are.
    And for many it's a legit insecurity!

• Listen, they got all type of people here. G@G is a very nice forum. I've been on over 300 forums since 1998. When you have a public forum you must take all comers. If the mix of questions and answers is not up to your standards then don't waste much time here. It is like anything else, you have to sift through a lot of crap to find the good stuff.

'in the long run, how is being the prettiest/handsomest GaGer here going to benifit you? '

Exactly, I don't bother with that crap much.

Just loosen up a little dear and you can have some fun here!!

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...by_Robert_Crumb_mr.jpg

• No.

I've been using GAG for at least two years. Haven't used it in a long time though.

Still, I come back and find some random questions.

Sometimes people ask questions to while the time away.

No matter where you go, people will be people.

• I think there is a slight danger of it becoming cliquish. But I don't know a solution. People like being popular. I tend to not answer the superlative questions because I don't want someone I like being left out because I accidentally forgot to mention them. The few users I have a relationship with outside of the question comments know how I feel about them, I hope.

• Yes there are some very trivial questions such as 'how do you rate me'. The answer is always self centred and stupid, but there are many meaningful debates on here which are valuable and an insight into the opposite gender. Many people are here because they have time on their hands to spend browsing the questions.

• Not to mention how they repeat the exact same question rapid fire.

• Yes, I often wonder if it is insanity or a glitch on the webpage. :)

• Throw all the GaGers in the river!!!

www.quickmeme.com/.../...e87139ee30dc0d0c7ecd2.jpg

• Omg thank you! I mean just look at this question. To this day just thinking about it makes me wonder if humans have evolved as much as they should.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1141072-men-who-don-t-understand-their-roles-what-to-do

• The majority? No definitely not. But I do agree there are one hell of a lot of those type of questions. It's unfortunate but there are a lot of insecure people in the world.

• *majority

I've only came across one question similar to the one you are complaining about and you know what I did? I didn't click on it.

• Probably, most people in America are shallow period. It's not just gag it's everywhere. We live in a society that emphasizes looks over anything so naturally people are going to be self conscious and shallow

• You forgot the "rate me" questions. All these validation questions are stupid. I feel if you're not going to ask something important, don't post a question at all.

Now I'm going to make fun of your typo, but only because I can turn it into something else. Yes, that is the "magority" of G@G: the people asking those kinds of questions are maggots. G & J need to have a custody dispute over which letter gets which sound.

• no not the majority. probably about 5% or less

• People have low self esteem so they come on here to ask questions
    you got realize some of these people need counseling and don't get it

• PEOPLE are shallow.

GaGers are just honest.

• The problem with this site is the Admins/mods don't do anything about these thise of questions.

On other sites if you ask the same question day after day they get deleted, or the same with personal questions, but the Admin and mods don't do anything about them on here, and that probably makes a lot of people Ieave or pisses people off.

• I have never seen anyone ask "ugliest gagers". We're fucked up but not that fucked up.

• I'm not. But I won't reply unless you're insanely hot and/have yacht club type money. Anything less is simply a waste of my precious time.

• Its shit that people think to themselves everyday probably anyways.

• Well where there are opinions there will be dumb assess. Think of the egoistical people like Politicians. Just flat out morons.

• I highly doubt the majority here are shallow. But that can be anywhere on the net or in RL. I just stay away from them.

• 90% of the questions here are stupid as fuck, yes.

• We all are. It's just a matter of how much and why.

• I think the majority are.. you have no idea how many times I've been told I'm ugly on this site

• don't label people

• Oh my God yes. You won't believe the shit I've seen posted on this damn website lol

• You know I seemed to think the same thing as you... As first I was like wow this site is cool.. You basically get to express your questions and get random responses from girls and guys.

But as the days went on, I started noticing the same faces and names over and over. The population completely shrunk. Then I started noticing really silly questions. YEs like you said, whos the prettiest GAGer lol or the best GAG couple.

Its really just has become a community of people who feel comfortable online with each other, constantly getting reassurance from the same faces. Kinda defeats the purpose

• This site has turned to shit

• Majority of people in general are shallow. The internet merely gives people a wall of anonymity to be a little more frank with what they are really thinking.

GaG is just reflective of that reality.

• Yes they are shallow and self righteous. A good majority are hypocrites.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 15

• I know. No point in asking those types of questions anymore because clearly I'm the prettiest girl of all.

• You can't judge an entire group of people based on some questions. I do think some questions are stupid but some people are really insecure. A lot of people ask the same question but a lot are lost or confused and they seek for answers, that's why the website exists.

• I'd say that some GaGers are simply insecure, or fishing for compliments. Also, if someone feels like their self-esteem gets lowered by the fact that some strangers don't mention their username on some random "who's the prettiest GaGer" question, they really need help.
    Anyway, if you don't like these questions, simply ignore them. All you're doing now is bringing more attention to them. If you really don't care, then stop talking about them and stop checking them out.

• "Also, if someone feels like their self-esteem gets lowered by the fact that some strangers don't mention their username on some random 'who's the prettiest GaGer' question, they really need help."

This is exactly my counter-argument in response to those who say that these contests hurt others' self-esteem.

• I think the vast majority are normal human beings who are having love difficulties with a drop of the big headed teenager whose only care in the world is looks and how they're perceived.

• Many are.
    As for those boobs size penise size questions, many people here are insecure and there are many sexually frustrated guys around on gag.
    The popularity topics i am very sick of them and people who created them think it is fun, but they forgot that it excluded people. and seriously, there aren't many so good looking people around here , less than 5 and the 5 are attractive but not to the extent of beautiful or handsome.
    i guess they run out of topics.

• i think it's cos they are here all the time and their minds go really idle and they will ask anything to pass time. I do get sarcastic when they ask the most silly obvious questions.

• Some of them

• Caring about one's appearance doesn't make them shallow...

• You can't blame just GaG for it, its the Internet, and anything goes here!

• Yes, some are and of course not everyone, that would really be dumb to assume.

• Boo boo let people be shallow. They shallow to u cuz u dont look like meh

• people are shallow in general

• Yes, the magority of gagers are shallow. What now? You will never meet any of the gagers on here I'm sure so why does that matter? People are shallow just about everywhere. No one's bothering you so carry on.

• Many people around you are shallow/insecure etc. You just don't notice because they don't talk to you, a stranger, about those problems. Whereas this is a website where you can be open about anything.

• I never get duck pictures. ;(