What do you think of "rate me" questions?

It's the thing I hate the most in GaG.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• Oops! I accidentally clicked on your question to rate you.

• i think its perfectly fine. except when there's altered motives. i mean think of it, what better place to get a serious feed back and not someone to just make you feel better. especially if you have self-esteem issues. this could help boost it up. ;)

• They're fine, really.

If people want to know, this is a good forum for it.

If I don't want to answer them, they're pretty easy to ignore.
    And I don't feel inundated with them.

• agreed but most of the question are from teenagers and they do it because of puberty i Hope

• Yeah, I only give them 4/10.

Honestly, it can get a little annoying. Plus a little uncomfortable when so many are under 18 girls.

• Could you rate me?

• i just use them to spend my time LOL

• They're very high school/middle school. The moment you're 19 it shows signs of immaturity and low self esteem. Unless you're on a site like Hot or Not, it doesn't look good

• It's a testament to the common insecurity and/or narcissism on here.

• ill give you a 6.8

• I don't mind it, I understand why they ask it. Soo could you rate JackKerouac77?

• its a great way to get opinions and being discreet about it in terms of your normal everyday life.

Some want attention, some really want honest opinions, and some are just looking for a boost.

• Very boring, honetlyni don't rember too many, if any veire the GAG format was changed

• I dont think I've ever actually answered one.

• I'm always interested in how the person looks like, but I don't answer most of them.

• I found it hilarious and had to make a post of that myself

• I'm okay with them.

rate me out of 10.

• I can think of a lot of other questions I hate more, rates aren't even in the top 20.

• I don't mind them.

• I don't like them but I don't hate them. I sometimes answer them because it's easy points

• I like the rate me questions.

• Eh people don't love themselves, so they hunt for compliments

I don't hate it, I just feel bad

• Stuff of under 18 year old adolescants

• bruteally honest about it.

• I like them.. They are harsh but it gives the reality of my looks

• I get where they are coming from. Its hard to know how others see you since you figure people that know you are too afraid to be honest. And since romance is so utterly shallow these days, in order to find it looks play a big part.

That being said, since genuine relationships are fairly rare these days i gave up on that whole deal and so i dont really give a shit how the opposite sex sees me anymore. So those questions aren't for me. I just come here for the occasional legit questions from the rare genuine relationships.

• attraction is important in any genuine relatioship, dont fool yourself

• I am not pulling away from all social interaction. Just not involving myself in the romantic side of social relationships due to the fact they are largely shallow. But thanks for the insult.

• still think you're just trying to avoid pain. And calling romantic relationships shallow is your excuse.

• Jeez, if you want to be rated, just come out and ask for it.
    I give you a...4.

• I dont want to be rated, you freak

• yeah, breaking my heart over here

• she is like a -10. Her soul is black.

What Girls Said 9

• It doesn't bother me. I just don't open them or answer it.

• The only people who ask this question are insecure, and shallow. It doesn't matter anyway everyone has their own different opinions of what they think is attractive.

• Its sad that you use insecure as an insult. Insecurity can be a good thing. There are some uggo fuggos with no insecurities, and theyre social pariahs because of it. Everything we do as humans has a reason related to survival.

• No see the fact that you say that just shows how shallow you are. 💩

• I think they've decreased a whole lot lately... So why bring up the topic?

• I don't really mind them. I don't see that many. I'm down to give my opinions on how I think someone looks.

• I don't even look at them anymore just keep scrolling.

• well some people may feel bad about themselves sometimes and usually they are teens that are not confident and get bullied.

• Not accurate
    Some people here dont tell the truth

• what do you mean?

• i think people here like to sugar coat at least some of them so they dont rate the person accurately, they probably up the person rating to give him or her a boast. so dont take such qns seriously.
      just numb it like me :DDDDD

• I did it once, i was bored, but eh its okay, let me people do whatever they want in peace

• I love them it's fun rating others