Why do people choose MHO so soon?

a lot of people choose MHO in less than 3 hours of asking the question. some do it in less than 24 hours.

I think you should wait untill the response start coming in slow before you choose. Whether if you wait a few days or an hour to choose, you will still get exper points. GAG actually gives you a month to choose and you will still get exper points. People will respond after the MHO has been chosen and then the asker will end up likeing someone elses answer more.

I think GAG should only allow people to choose after a certain amout of responses. For example, If the question gets a whole bunch of response really soon then GAG should allow the MHO to be chosen after 30 responses. If the question can not get 30 responses in say 3 days then the MHO should be allowed to be chosen

nah instead of 30 responses, make it 50.

Most Helpful Guy

• In many cases, its if the opinion owner agrees with the asker or tells them what they need to hear

What Guys Said 14

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1229586-how-do-you-respond-to-being-called-ugly

that is why im taking my time with my question lol

• they feel like they have found the right answer to their question, or their opinion has been 100% validated.

• I would say a 72 hour delay before you can pick mho...

• I agree with you i worked my butt off helping this girl on
    this one question she turned around gave the MHO to
    the another person mind i'm not being greedy it's just
    i did more for her on this one question than the person
    she gave MHO to

• If you could interpret MHO as Most Happy One , not the Most Helpful Opinion. then you may find these annoying becomes much at ease. People has this emotion drive, and they did everything with impulse to satisfy the needs of live. So i could say when they're choosing a MHO,99.9% they hadn't give a thought about the answers or their moods, they're just thinking about their own emotion.

subjectivities had been affecting the reason which the asker's going to act, when they found the moment that worth a while, they gonna give in, it's anirrational movement. so if it bothers you, please don't take it as personal. Either preconceptions or attraction would do the same. The asker choose the one makes them most happy. if you wouldn't mind, call them goofy.

• The first person to co sign with what the asker is thinking, gets it.

• i do it in order to not forget it later LOL

• Either they are TOO smart or TOO stupid.
    I once tried choosing it too early but GAG didn't allowed me. The sent me a notification of 'Too early to choose MHO'. I don't really know how and why they do this.

• I also notice that MHO is awarded after only one or two responses, or under an hour, in some cases.
    I read the responses posted later, and many times they are more relevant than the MHO in many cases.
    I am against limits, generally, and would issue a guideline instead of a rule, as GAG should be fairly flexible to the users and let us use the site as we feel fit.

• Baby, cuz dat cutie words have touch ma heart deeply that a sword pierce through ma chest </3

• Its like a candy candy feature. They wanna click it asap !!

• Because they dont want that motherfukr annoy them with messages to choose a fuking moh u know fuk moh

• GAG will only email you after a week and tell you that you have a month to chose MHO so that still is no reason to pick MHO within the hour of asking a question.

• They still email me about questions befor ages idiots

• Many questions don't get 30 responses. Some don't even get one response.

• It's because in America 3 hours is slow.

What Girls Said 6

• Because they can? LOL It isn't that big of a deal. o_o

• i don't really care tbh, i give MHO right away if i feel like i got the right or most funny/interesting answer.

• if there are not many answers then how are you really gonna know which answer is the most funny/interesting answer if you are not comparing the answers.

• I don't get it either. It's not like people will stop replying to their question and they won't get notifications for those questions anymore.

• I agree! @bijinbijinbijin... I'm tagging you because your name looked fun 😊

• I don't see the problem with that if the asker is satisfied with the opinions. Of course someone else might have a better answer but it is something that asker does, so he/she shouldn't regret it.

• yeah but whoever gets selected gets exper points. wouldn't you want to give exper points to the person you think really deserves it? You may have selected MHO after only getting 5 responses and then someone else comes along with a really good answer who you then say "wow that was better than the MHO and you tell that person you really like their advice" then that person should get the exper points however they can't get them becasue the asker chose too soon.

• I agree that it is a problem for people who give genuine answers even after the MHO was given, to help the asker. But if he/she chose someone else already without waiting for more replies, that's something the asker should've considered before.

• which is why having GAG allow people to choose after a certain amout of responses is a way for the dumb asker to actually be able to consider all of (or at least the majority of) the responses before choosing.

• Sometimes I just want the xper and to get rid of the question and move into another.

• but that doesn't work does it? People wil still be responding to the question so you will still be notified of the responses whether you have mentally moved on or not. Also you still get exper points even if you wait a few days to choose MHO

• of chorse i feel that way and i already came up with a good argument for why people should not pick so soon there is no need for me to explain it all over again in this little messsage box. I agree that it is not a big deal in a sense that it is not the end of the world however if the whole point of the MHO is to actually choose a most helpful answer and then reward whoever by giving them points then I think it should be done fairly. You might not be into the whole MHO thing but the fact is, choosing too soon defeats its purpose. I tagged GAG in my question mainly because my question was something for GAG admin to consider. If you honestly mean to tell me that my suggestion is not a good idea and that choosing MHO should not be done fairly, then you are obviously purposely trying to be oppositional and are full of shit.

• I honestly don't think it's worth the effort of making noise about is all. Sometimes I choose rather quickly, other times GaG reminds me and I deliberate for ages trying to award the most deserving, quite often a response that doesn't necessarily agree with mine but which did make me think hard or change my view.