Why don't you ask questions?

Sometimes people answer literally thousands of questions, but NEVER ask one!

This seems odd... For me, asking questions is the best way to get real communication!

I appreciate the honesty of the guys who admitted they thought they knew it all. What a laugh.
Wow, 35 answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• Any questions that I ever NEED to be answered never do get answered. Like, yesterday I asked an anon question about my singing because I needed feedback before singing to my bf, it took like 3 hours and still only have like two answers on it. I don't even care about being anonymous anymore I just need people's feedback. Lol! It's always the dumb questions that get a bunch of answers not the ones that are really important to people.

• That's because the average age here is probably like 16.

• Don't worry about it. As long as you try to sing to him, I bet he will love it. Try to learn the song by heart. It will make you much more sexy and find the music for karoke singing and I am sure it will work out. ;)

More than that I can't help you. I have never singed before anyone before, so it would be hard to get tips from me. :P

What Girls Said 31

• I joined this site to give advice because I'm 37, have had good and bad relationships, and am happily married. I definitely don't have ALL the answers, but with experience comes wisdom. I like to pay it forward because when I had lots of questions, I had helpful people giving me advice.

• Being newer back to the dating scene post divorce, I am running into a lot of the same issues and questions that girls half my age do. When I ask questions, I get a lot of people who think I should "KNOW BETTER" due to my age; sadly, in my case it isn't true. Things have changed a ton since I was on the scene. Texting is a huge part of dating life now; back before I was married texting like this didn't exist. We had numeric pages, lol. The rules have changed... three dates, three days, three months... of course I follow my own internal rules, but dang it I like some confirmation same as everyone else does! :P

The things that haven't changed, such as boys/men in general and their thought patterns haven't changed a bit so I can help out a lot there, I hope.

• I've noticed the same thing - there are regular users here who have left countless opinions but have not ever asked a question! Nothing wrong with it, but I've always wondered why. It's possible that they always ask their questions anonymously though.

I've only asked 100 questions since I've been on the site, but they're always good questions (at least in my mind, LOL!)

• yes, from what I've seen , your questions are great!

• @Unimaginative2: Why be part of it then? It's a waste of time for you. Are you here just to troll or something?

• Obviously I intend on helping others. Think of it this way, you teach a child math
      Does that mean you should then accept math lessons from said child? No. I see this as a 1 way street.

• Well I joined GAG to give advice so that's what I do most of the time. Every now and agian I aks a question to seek advice and especially out of fun, but I enjoy helping people more.

• I answer more than I ask. Most of my questions are asked anonymously.
    I think a lot about my questions before I post them here. I'm always "afraid" of the answers.
    And when I ask a question is because I really need the answers or I want to know people's opinions.
    I guess that some users post all of their questions or at least the majority of them anonymously.

• I answer a question with a question im told this very often haha im curious and like to know things... like to know why, what are your reasons for this question?

• I ask sometimes. It's much easier answering.

• Good questions are hard to come by.

• That doesn't apply to me, I'm always asking questions :) Sometimes I ask too much during one day when I'm super curious and stuff.

• This is true. In general I too have lots of questions not asked. Of course it's always better to hear other people's opinion on certain case co's that allow us to have more options and ideas and that'll help.
    I don't ask questions when I believe I would still have a better answer for it than anyone else co's I'm the one handling the situation and knows all the details. So why bother ask?

• I ask questions :) some really stupid ones, some really good ones

• Maybe I just have all the answers!

• You have to expect that attitude, I suppose, on a mostly US teen site.

• I don't want to force any questions, that becomes so obvious. If I have a question, if I am curious about something, I will ask - but otherwise I don't see the point in asking.

• WEll, gee, Belli, I see you've only been here 2 days! Can't blame you for not asking much!

• haha, lol I thought you meant while talking to someone? Don't I feel stupid now ;)

• They might be asking them anonymously

• I ran out of ideas

• Sometimes I can't come up with any or I just forget that I can. But I secretly like answering questions/helping out people more :)

• I wonder the same but I think some ask anonymously

• The top 20 posters have the stats posted, you can see how many they've asked, anonymously or not.. take a look for yourself!

• wow then I guess they really just want those points... asking is only 1 point

• That's a big part of it.. though I can't imagine why, other than pure narcissism, anyone would want 'points' that badly

• I usually ask personal (very personal) questions that I really need advice on, so I prefer asking Anonymously.

• Maybe they do but go anonymous so it appears like they don't ask any questions.

• Generally, this isn't the case.

• I answer questions under my name most of the time, but I ask questions under the anonymous tag most of the time, so generally, this IS the case. BAM! Reality checked.

• The people who answer thousands of questions rarely ask many, if any. BAM. Reality check!

• i've noticed that people can be really critical of the asker, so it's kind of intimidating

• Sometimes the questions have already been asked or I can't think of anything to ask

• A lot people do ask but it's in anon.

• i ask and answer

• I am waaaaay too self absorbed to ask any questions.

• I feel I have more knowledge to spread. I don't really have questions :( all my question will probably be silly!

• They're probably the anonymous askers

• because you don't have nothing to ask. There is nothing you are curious about.

• If you don't have anything good to ask, then why ask at anything at all?

• A lot of questions I'd like to do have already been asked.

• if realy want know someone or something will ask question

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 34

• I've asked a few just to see what people had to say. I feel those who don't just feel like they know a lot (which I'd only see as true in a few cases), or they just don't care to learn anymore. Also keep in mind they may just ask their questions anonymously.

• I wish I asked more, but I just don't have many ideas spring up. Just not very creative I guess, haha. Shout out to the heads like @zombiebabe and @Rcjh1987 for keeping us all occupied!👍

• Why? Because there is nothing in my life for which I need the opinion or approval of others.
    Aspects of my life are a pile of steaming dogshit. Other aspects are exceptional, compared with the lives and achievements of other people. It is what it is.
    I already know the problems and the possible solutions, all of which are beyond my means and ability. No point asking for answers that I know already.
    In the area of love/sex/women fate dealt me a crap hand. I have learned to live with that.
    As our national hero Ned Kelly said just before the gallows trapdoor opened beneath his feet: "Such is life."
    As another of our folk-hero career criminals, Mark "Chopper" Read, said: "Have a teaspoon of cement and harden the fuck up."

• According to my stats I've asked 153 question in the 6 weeks since I've been here. I'd ask lots more but G@G puts a 5 per day limit on them.

When I first started I could only as 2 per day. Here are a few that will be sent in. G@G rejected them today cause I'm at my Q limit.

Ladies... do you prefer a male or female gynecologist?

Guys... do you like sniffing girls soiled panties?

Do you get enough kissing from your bf / gf?

Ladies... do you think that going lesbian will be a more popular choice for love in the future?

Being a sex addict most of my questions revolve sexual things. These questions are one that you can't poll strangers on the street. So G@G is a godsend for getting a tidbit of feedback from the guys and gals.

• Another profile stat says 'Total Question (s) 106 ' The other profile isting says 153.

Whatever the #, it is a good amount.

• I ask questions, but not a lot. Usually my questions get deleted or nobody cares to answer. I did ask a question a couple days ago about the Eagles beating the Cowboys.

So yeah I ask them, but I also try not to ask ridiculous questions either. I don't ask questions just for the sake of asking. There has to be a reason.

• Though that question about the Eagles beating the Cowboys was just to shit on the Cowboys LOL

• I kinda have most of my life and the opposite sex figured out by this point. I'm here to help people.

• Sometimes we fear the answers. Especially if the question or the answer changes things with those close to you. That's why we ask on the internet. Anonymity keeps things private. if you don't like the answer you can pretend you never asked it.

• I just don't have anything to ask. I always do my research by Googling. If I still can't find good answers, THEN I ask them here.

• I started out asking questions about dating, but after a while of looking around most of my relationship questions were answered.

Now I just ask the occasional non-topic question.

I did have the same impression when I was a new user here. "Why are there people with a hundred times as many answers as questions?"

• I'll ask a question if I need an answer or think of a question that I find intriguing. It hasn't happened a lot, so I haven't asked many questions.

• I solve my own problems so easily & I don't like to ask $#! T...

• I've found answers to questions by answering others. If I need an opinion from someone (like whether people think I should just let the currently girl I'm dating slide if she continues to be evasive) , and it hasn't already been framed or answered on this site, then I will.

• I don't have many questions that people on here are qualified to answer.

Most people asking questions on here are dumbasses asking if "so and so" likes them or why "so and so" would say something, act a certain way, or any other on a myriad list of stupid questions.

I enjoy helping people from a distance. I'm not a people person, but I want to help. This website helps me help people.

• The questions I tend to ask are generally to get others to think more than just things I would like to know. Some questions I ask are based on answers from other questions.
    I tend to enjoy answering a fair bit.

• I mostly answers questions but I've asked quite a few as well while I do have the answers to a lot of things, I'm not a friend to ask for help or information when I need it.

• i believe i'm one of the top 10 QA in GAG LOL

• 66 Opinions, 2 questions. I think it's more fun to answer questions. I get to share my two cents, and read everyone elses 2 cents. I end up learning more as a result. (this makes it 67)

• Someone here said that questions have already been asked and they feel that they will be repeated.

• I have no questions that I want answered or that aren't answered by someone else asking it already.

• Maybe some people don't feel the need to ask anything...

• Some things I feel not knowing and needing to ask about is embarrassing.
    It can feel like asking someone how to spell something. Doing it makes me feel so stupid. lol

• In all honesty, I can think of no more to ask presently. After nearly six years, I tend to think I've asked all I can.

• Maybe they prefer yahoo answers or they're comfortable asking their parents

• I do, I guess I should start picking more enticing titles.

• I only ask questions when I have a question.

• I ask more questions in a day than you have in your entire stay on GaG. I just don't post them on this site.

• I already know everything

• They may ask at night when you go to sleep and you can't see them

• No one answers anyway so whats the point?

• More from Guys
    4