Why can't you ask suicide questions here?

Honestly, why can't you? Has anyone ever thought that stopping suicidal people from being able to speak or vent just pushes them further to the edge?

Most Helpful Girl

• This really isn't the place for them. The internet is a TERRIBLE place to go if you're insecure or hate yourself. There are people who will make you feel worse. Some won't really understand what you're going through and misjudge you. Some are just fucking trolls and say the dumbest shit.
    It's really not worth it to read all the negativity, that will further add to your negativity, just in the hopes that 1 or 2 people may actually understand and help you.

It's better to seek out help with professionals like a counselor, therapist, or even the suicide hotline. It's not shameful to ask for help. And everyone gets depressed and some do have similar feelings, so you're not alone.
    I'd suggest you asker to see a therapist or some sort of professional help if all these questions you post are genuine.

Take care.

What Girls Said 10

• Because for every genuine caring response you get, there would be two more telling you to stfu or some other awful thing. Humans can be real assholes, and the ability to make such comments without having to deal with the real life repercussions means that "people" can easily go overboard.

• It could be because there are places, for people who feel they are suicidal, to call. People on here might give false information, or wrong answers.

• Well you can.. I just think it isn't perfectly right..
    I would let them speak how they feel because, it might let them feel better at the end and maybe we can talk about it..
    However, stopping suicidal people from being able to speak is breaking the 1st amendment, freedom of speech.. I dislike those who tries stopping others from what they have to say..

• yes definitely by stopping them or by scolding or humiliating them, makes them to push to break the boundaries of living. Suicide is a blunder that anybody can rely upon when trapped within high emotions of negativity, lonliness, avoidable, seuper-inferiority like symptoms. And lastly, we just lost the person with whom we spend a great time. But with our little silliness and egoistic and society problems, we avoid, reject and discard such people.
    In my opinion there should be a community, an online portal , similar to this one, where every person having suicidal thoughts can come up and save himself/herself from doing such a sin with his/her life. They should be given chance, they should be provided help to live again and to breath with dignity.

• Because there is this one troll that would post as an anonymous and say "Yeah you should definitely cut yourself".

• It all depends on the type of suicide question that the person is going to ask.

• Because the human race can be terrible and make the situation worse. People just don't care about the safety of others and they might push them over the edge. There's always a posibility of being bullied online.

• That will just cause problems

• I have seen many of them? Honestly Im not very nice, if they are just looking for pity.

• To be honest, I wouldn't allow people to ask sucidial questions on here. Why? Because there's a lot of fucked up people on the Internet called "trolls". You might just want some help or an outlet of venting out your problems but these people will just make it worse by saying horrible things. It actually causes sucide actually. From Facebook to yahoo answers! And let's hope not here. At the end of the day it's best to go on a venting site or a site that's specifically made for sucidial people because I'm pretty sure a$$ holes won't go on there.

• Thing is, I've never been trolled, usually it calms me down quite a bit.

• You haven't but a lot of people have. Plus this site wasn't really made for that. It was made to ask girls questions that's guys wanted to know and vice versa. like I said if you want to talk about your problems there's sites made for venting and sucidial people. Sites like these are not a good outlet because some people can be very rude and say you're seeking attention or even worse "go kill yourself already". Those type of comments are hurtful and can make things worse yet it doesn't stop people from saying it.

What Guys Said 8

• There is a suicide culture in the world that GirlsAskGuys doesn't want to be a part of and doesn't want to contribute to or condone. This is why when we see posts talking about committing suicide or threatening to do so, we remove the post but also direct you to help hotlines, letting you know where you can go to get help. We don't want anyone hurting themselves, or worse.

• This isn't the place to ask those questions. You say professionals were a waste of time, how are clueless people on the internet any better?

• If you are suffering from depression of any sort, you need to seek medical advice straight away, especially if you are feeling suicidal.
    If you want to chat to someone who knows about this stuff, then send me a message, I was diagnosed with manic depression/bipolar back in 2000 and know a great deal about depression.

• Because some people give bad advice and no one wants to be responsible for that

• Well, that'd be the fault of the opinion owner.

• A lot of people on this site are depressed. A lot. I know I was when I made an account. Depression is something that this site attracts, and because of that, suicide is something that can be brought up frequently. And honestly hearing about suicide and self destruction, can be a trigger for some. If you wanna vent message me, I've been there. And at the very least I'll try to listen.

• And when they've spoken and vented and they see that the comment section is filled with hatred, people bashing others left and right and mostly the person who asked the question, you think that'll make them feel any better?

• Since when am I responsible for your mental health? Don't blame people here for your issues

• I'm not, I don't see why that gets censored while numerous other worthless vapid bullshit is left alone.

• If you are considering suicide, you need to talk to a professional. Not amateurs on the internet

• Well, my therapist was more or less worthless, and I haven't seen him in a month anyway.

• There's already at least one article on GAG that deals with depression as well as elsewhere online. I don't know how useful it will be here.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a7012-don-t-just-cope-overcome-depression

• I see them 24/7, I don't know what you're talking about :O