Can I tag someone/mention a user in a comment I give on girlsaskguys?

Someone commented on one of my opinions I gave and I want to write back and mention them in the post to make sure they receive it, but I'm not sure how...

Help please fellow members :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you can. For example, I'll use my username. @existing_not_living and then the username will turn up pink (because I'm a girl) and blue if I were a guy.

What Guys Said 4

• Our FAQ and our G@G News box is full of information like this. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#150
    i24.photobucket.com/.../Mentions_zps477559d7.jpg
    You can mention a user in a question's details, a take's details, an opinion, or a comment by using the @ symbol in front of their username. For example: @Sparrow24

When a user is mentioned, they'll be notified (click Mentions from their profile page). When they check that notification, they'll be taken directly to where they're mentioned on the question/take page.

Please keep in mind that you cannot mention a user who has blocked you, you cannot mention an invalid username, you cannot mention someone if you post anonymously, and you cannot use mentions in question/take titles.

• Yes you can just type the @andtheirusername after the @

• You can't when anonymous.

• @existing_not_living is right that's all there is to it

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. You can mention users by putting the @ symbol before their username. However, if you are anonymous, they will not be notified of the mention.