Why'd I get down voted for this?

Someone was asking if 20 was old enough to have a kid and I said that 20 is perfect so long as you always wanted to be a mother. I got tons of down votes. Did people think I was being sarcastic or.. what am I missing here?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't dv you, but I would have, here is why... What if you where 20 and wanted a Ferrari? Do you just go out and get one? NO! The average cost of having a kid, raising and sending to college is $250,000! All you have to do is have sex and get pregnant. If you can't afford a Ferrari, then maybe you also can't afford a kid either! Babies and kids are expensive and require a few things first. You just don't have a baby because you want one. Sorry man, but love doesn't pay the bills. You need a decent income, you need a roof over head and you need some wheels. To get this you need a decent job which normally requires a good education. Once you are done school and start a career, buy a home and get a few years in at your new job would put you somewhere 25+ years old. 30 would be a perfect age, not 20.

What Girls Said 4

• People get down voted for stupid things all the time. In fact I bet my opinion here will get downvoted.

• Most people think you should wait until you are older to have kids. I agree that 20 is a bit early. I think that some people can be good parents at that age, however most children would benefit from having parents that are a bit older. My parents were young when they started having a family and while they did a wonderful job, they themselves wish they would have waited until they were older. Typically, the older you are, the wiser you are and the more financially independent you are.

• Probably because, just like another guy said, WANTING to become something doesn't mean you're actually READY for it. It seems like an encouraging opinion from you, but I think it's an immature and not well-thought one. I didn't downvote you, but I also don't agree with you for reasons I've mentioned and mentioned by that other guy below. And apparently many people didn't agree with you either.

• Eh, people get downvoted all the time, for all kinds of opinions.
    Also I'm pretty sure once something gets a vote, people jump on the bandwagon and are way more likely to vote the same way, perhaps without even reading what was said.

What Guys Said 3