I want to know, what do you do when people are mean to you on GAG?

... or any other social media site for that matter. Do you respond, ignore, what do you do? Does it get to you sometimes? Do you take their words to heart? Be honest! I feel like in this day and age people feel the need to say just anything they want because there are no real consequences for their actions. Mainly because they get to hide behind their keyboards but I bet if you met them one to one they wouldn't have shit to say! Man, somebody pissed me off today! So let me know how do you handle it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly?

Verbally tear them apart, then block them if it comes down to it.

I have never picked a fight on here, ever.

So when people come asking looking for trouble, I make sure to give it to them.

• You're a fighter, I like it! Lol...

• Well, being on the internet doesn't make you tough or anything. I just hate it when people come up to me looking to start something that isn't even there. It's just annoying that's all.

• Isn't it? Goddamn it!

What Guys Said 30

• 4|1
    • Definitely shaking it off... lol

• i really don't care. :) i just put a smile on and go on my way :D

• If I'm bored, I may talk shit back, just for shits 'n giggles though.
    There isn't a stranger alive that can upset me with verbal/typed attacks. If somebody online can piss you off by being mean to you, then you have some insecurity issues that you need to tackle.

• I'm not even going to lie, you're right. They always seem to get under your skin about the one thing that you are a little bit insecure about. Which is why I asked if sometimes you take what is said to heart. I feel like if a stranger is able to tap into that part of you then maybe everyone around you feels the same way they do.

• Why does everyone profess their ubermensch credentials on the internet? Better answer is the image most people have of themselves isn't reflective of the simple fact that most people aren't experientially familiar with their subconscious, and aren't aware of the subtle causal effects of how they are feeling.

• @rthomas43 You think so? I don't think I was though. I'm pissed but I'm not that pissed...

• 0|2
  • i lock myself in the bathroom and cry for an hour or 2

• The best reaction to give someone is to give them no reaction.

If someone is rude to me I ignore them or if they insult me and start being offensive I report them.

• I enjoy it when people attempt to insult me, unless its something really stupid, like obvious trolling, then I'll engage in a little war of words just for my own entertainment. I won't argue though, I will just turn attempt to start a "roast battle", those are always pretty fun lol.

• I've never had anyone be mean to me, it wouldn't bother me if I did as I can always turn them off if I want. I like to have a row about stuff anyway, sometimes I'll take up a contrary position for the sake of a good debate, but mostly I just give my opinion. You can tell sometimes by the way people write their comments that they are getting a bit pissed off, if I'm baiting them about it then I'll find a way to cool it down sort of shake hands and move on. If they've attacked a genuine comment I've made then I don't really care, I wouldn't want the approval of some twerp! lol

• Words can hurt more than anything.. i really don't take these people
    to heart cause there is lot of favoritism among people we got realize that one
    we got to ignore people who hurt us.. they laugh when they know they get to us
    if i hurt someone accidentally i would like them to talk to me about it and work
    things out.

• I agree and that's the thing that people don't quite get sometimes, words DO hurt! I think its irresponsible to just go around saying what you feel like when you feel like, when you have absolutely no idea how your words may affect someone. Believe it or not, there are people out there who really take everything to heart and aren't able to ignore it like you and me. I just think we need to be more careful with our words, that's all...

• Yes i been hurt so many times in life that's why i care so much for others

• Usually I laugh and ignore them. Many times I reply and tell them what morons they are.
    if they are nasty for no reason at all then I block them.

• Ignore. Block if I can. I don't know them, they're not a part of my life. They're just words on a screen that disappear as soon as I click the little red x. I care about family, friends, and coworkers. Not strangers on the internet. I cannot begin to comprehend the kind of mentality it takes for people to read the words of internet trolls over and over again until they get upset (or sometimes kill themselves).

• I view what you say as the opposite. If you asked someone in real life a question, odds are you won't get their true answer. They will be polite. On gag and the internet people can say what they think without having to follow social etiquette. They say what they think.

• It may not be what you want to hear, but it's a true unfiltered take on a situation. I'd prefer this to fluff.

• If I follow that logic then that would mean that everyone is rude by nature, and I'd hate to think that. I think you say exactly what you want or how you feel without being rude. It's not that hard! But like I said before no consequence so no need to be cordial I guess...

• Have you seen "The Invention of lying"? We politely lie all the time. People will always tone down their response's in real life. And to be honest, most of the people who get their feelings hurt on gag, can't handle the blunt truth. That being said. Name calling and just being an ass are also rampant on the web. I have broad shoulders so it's hard for a stranger to piss me off. If you feel slighted, you can always block.

• When that does happen, I just ignore them and keep it pushing.

I don't give a fuck if they feel like they "won" some proverbial argument.

• I ignore them. Forget it and not let it bother me.

• No one has been mean to me on GAG. People have strongly disagreed with me, but no one has been mean to me. I have, however, seen people being mean to others. That irritates me a lot.

• It does not bother me because I do not know the person and I try to keep the conversation cordial or in a light-hearted tone.

• I've never had that problem.

• No one is ever mean to me here.

• Beef it out yo.

You focking wot m8? I'll Rek you m8

• It's the internet and it's bound to happen, I just ignore them as their not worth my time.

• As Jay Z said in his song "Brush Your Shoulders Off", brush your shoulders off and forget the haters.

• Haven't had a problem with it, but flagging comments or blocking people are always options.

• I call my therapist and tell her it's an emergency.

• It doesn't really happen to me on here

• I ignore it, there's no point arguing on the internet

• I just don't give a fuck.. :-)

• Wish I had that initial response but I'm learning to...

• There a lot of haters especially on the Internet don't take to heart.

• I respond to it, basically either telling them to screw off or basically twisting their mind with logic that they cannot comprehend, then block them before they get the chance to say anything smart.

• Don't take the site too seriously

What Girls Said 18

• I have experienced that on here. It's better if you just ignore it. Typically, responding only adds fuel to the fire. If someone is being overly hateful towards you though you can report their comments and block the user so they can't contact you anymore.

• Read carefully, get distracted, leave.

http://i.giphy.com/6SiHMUtIC9S1i.gif

• Most of the people are keyboard heros on internet, so i really do not take serious this meanness unless i do not know them in person.
    I have never been treated meanly but i came across rudeness. What I do? I look at the person, if he/she is capable of understanding i respond OR I just ignore. They are mostly not worth your time.

• Lmao @ "keyboard heroes"! Isn't that the truth! lol

• I flag them. I don't really care because i don't know them and they are stupid

• Most of the time I don't respond.

If it's someone who is on my news feed, I just block their content so I don't have to be reminded of those shit faces.

It's easy to get into a fit and start arguing back and forth, but it's usually not worth it (in my opinion) because you end up looking stupid and feeling like you wasted time.

• I have a goal to increase the number to 100 in my list but dayaaaamm.. I'm a block button fetish person, as of right now. They keep cancelling their accounts or coming back in another nick.

• I ignore it, responding to them would give them the satisfaction that they desire. Sometimes it does hurt, but I brush it off to them being insecure

• I just block them.

• I stickup for myself and defend my self because I don't let people be mean to or put me down because I once was cyber bullied on other sites and I endidup sticking up for myself but mostly blocked or reported if someone was mean

• Sometimes I might get mad or upset but a lot of times I just laugh at them lol

• Bring humour to it or block/report them.

• I ignore them! And smile like nothing happen lol... I don't get sad nor mad.

• Sometimes I make fun of their ignorance 😈 bmwhahaha

• I tell them off and then block them.
    If they're anon, then I just ignore them.

• Ignore them... :)

• Personally i'd ignore it until they continued and then basically just tell them where to go :)

• If it's someone I respect or care about in some capacity, it bothers me and I often try to get to the bottom of it.
    Otherwise, I simply ignore it.
    Thing is, the people doing things like that are bullies, plain and simple. With people like that, the more you try to fix things, the worse things will get... I know this from experience.
    I've even been ridiculed for being a nice person, haha! It's so ridiculous that it simply cannot be taken seriously, you know?
    They WANT a reaction so not giving it to them is really the most frustrating thing for them... they'll then whine and complain of having their hateful remarks ignored... which just cracks me up, haha!

As always, if you're being harassed or bullied by someone here, we encourage you guys to report those posts/messages so that we can take care of it. We don't want people feeling bullied here!

• say something witty. then block them!

• Because of how I'm feeling, it wouldn't be witty, I'd have all guns blazing, no filter...

• go get it off your chest and be done with them.